TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

True, ILRider, but how do you know they really have family up ahead until you let them past you?

I probably would have let the situation pass if the dad had tapped me on the shoulder and politely said, "She's with us -- just a few groups ahead..." had he not pushed me from behind.

No way to tell 100%, but often they are women by themselves who look very uncomfortable/embarrassed to be cutting past everyone. Maybe they are still lying, but in that case, I just figure, it's just one person.

Believe me, the girl in my case was not shy/uncomfortable/embarrassed in the slighted...she was almost aggressive - which makes even more sense seeing her dad's behavior...

That's just obnoxious! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• 2 weeks later...
That is smexy B&M track. Are any footers up yet?

Looks like they're gearing up for footers soon, but I don't see any already in the ground. It's amazing how close the construction is to Demon, the turnarounds and corkscrews will have some great views of the ride.

day1.jpg.c5fee1cc0c641e9c297956c7786d0918.jpg

Still can't imagine X Flight sitting there, it just looks too small for it!

Looks like they're gearing up for footers soon, but I don't see any already in the ground. It's amazing how close the construction is to Demon, the turnarounds and corkscrews will have some great views of the ride.

And if you actually watch the on-ride video, the first drop is right next to a turn on Demon. Definitely a great near-collision moment.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did they remove the skull rock from the Demon????

From the picture that Jon posted, it looks like the skull rock is still there, but I can barely make it out myself (just look all the way to the left, there is this mass that resembles a rock). I remember seeing it there the last weekend of operation, but that was a couple of weeks ago so who knows what happened since then.

Wait a second, I thought X-Flight was being installed on the other side of the park where Iron Wolf was not near Demon? Is that site just going to be used for something in the future?

The site where IW was will be used for something else in the future. I read it on their Facebook page and I would love to quote it but I can't access FB while at work. Dumb kids ruin everything for the adults.

• 2 weeks later...
Great pics they have! I wonder how fast this will go up.

I'd guess that this will follow the "Holy crap that was built fast!" tradition that the other three Wing-riders have set. But then again, this is Six Flags so you never know...

Great pictures by the way, loving the sexy B&M track