TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

But didn't anybody recognise that in the layout, that building is before the immelman and not before the heartline roll like in the video.

Ya. I noticed that too. I wonder whats with the confusion on its location. Im just hoping that they build the themeing and possibly add more.

Tell you what:

I am not sure if I rode on one of the final rides of Iron Wolf the other day (Labor Day) or one of the first rides on Apocolypse, but I will say the ride ops kept the (small, but consistent) 20 min line moving right along.

I have been "down" on the Wolf for the last few years as far as rerideability, usually I'll ride it twice in the whole season (and I have a season pass, thanx to my wife), but I got on 3 times Labor Day, and to be honest, I "Actually" had 3 Very Good Rides.....I have no idea how this happened but it's true....and I had a blast...................................

I loved this ride as a young adult, but have grown apart from it the last five years or so................but Labor Day, don't know who was workin the Mojo, but somehow I got back to that point where I was 20 yrs. old again, and found the ride pretty damn good.

Maybe someone slipped me a "Nostalgia" pill.....who knows?

Hope the GP appreciate this ride in it's new home.

Nice to see both construction and deconstruction are moving along nicely. I just hope when Iron Wolf is gone it doesn't leave another hole in park like the go karts did. I'd like to see at least a game and some trees there to make it seem a little less empty.

As for the cars, I was sad to see them go, but they were obviously losing their appeal to people. There's still the ones in Kidzopolis if you're that desperate to ride one.

It's about time they got rid of those wraps. I never liked the joke "Cheese Whizzer".

I wish they would incorporate water into X-Flight some how. Even if it just flew over some pools of water, it would be a nice homage to poor Splashwater Falls.

Had a great day at the park today with fantastic weather and lighter crowds. Was prepared to buy a flashpass but it just wasn't needed today. Most rides were near walkon and those that weren't were less than a 15 minute wait. The best part of the day was getting to ride Eagle backwards and forwards all while racing hint:SFMM:hint. Iron Wolf's trains are gone and a crane is poised for action in the maintenance area behind it. A full TR is forthcoming one of these days so I won't bore you with many pics or construction pics except for two:

320291355_SFGA264.thumb.jpg.490c4e24b5cd30ddc7fdc07e8d2a95fa.jpg

Iron Wolf trains are gone!

1215206908_SFGA292.thumb.jpg.be0828cf2550950d4e414bcdb173a55b.jpg

X Flight pieces on site!

^I'm just waiting for them to mess up on the deconstruction of IW just so they can have an excuse to not relocate the ride or install it like they did with UT back in 05.

I've seen you complain on here, I've seen you complain on SFGAMWorld, it's getting old. You're getting Iron Wolf, get over it.

^I'm just waiting for them to mess up on the deconstruction of IW just so they can have an excuse to not relocate the ride or install it like they did with UT back in 05.

Seriously? You're still going on about this conspiracy? Everybody knows the aliens wrecked Ultra Twister, get over it already.

Seriously? You're still going on about this conspiracy? Everybody knows the aliens wrecked Ultra Twister, get over it already.

Adam, it wasn't aliens. It was mutant chipmunks that are preparing to take over the world, and are starting they're diabolical plan by screwing SFA in every way possible. KD is just the first to figure out this heinous plan, and wants to make sure every coaster fan on the planet knows about it.

Iron Wolf's trains are gone and a crane is poised for action in the maintenance area behind it.

That is a crane that is owned by the park and has always been stored in that spot when not being used. I'm not sure of its size, but they will need another larger crane for at least the lift, drop, and loop.

And those "X-Flight pieces" are the frame of a tent that used to be where Little Dipper is.

On Sunday Sept. 11th they had the old Traffique Jam cars out on its old course under the queue ramps going to American Eagle and there were also backhoe machines out behind the arcade. Remind me again why Maryland needed Iron Wolf so bad and could not just build a NEW coaster???

They should have left the historical ride where it started and refurbished it to a smooth Iron Wolf again. Pathetic world we live in these days.

Are people actually taking seriously the picture of "X-Flight pieces on site"??? I guess sarcasm is truly a lost art on this here Internet. For the record, I appreciated the joke!

Will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Iron Wolf's footprint...something tells me that they might extend Camp Cartoon Network a bit in the back - then maybe put a Sky Screamer-type ride in the old station's/lifthill footprint?

Are people actually taking seriously the picture of "X-Flight pieces on site"??? I guess sarcasm is truly a lost art on this here Internet. For the record, I appreciated the joke!

Will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Iron Wolf's footprint...something tells me that they might extend Camp Cartoon Network a bit in the back - then maybe put a Sky Screamer-type ride in the old station's/lifthill footprint?

Dead pan sarcasm doesn't work well on the Internet because there are so many ignorant people on Internet boards in general (like theme parks' web pages), so it's sometimes hard to detect the intended humor.