TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Adam (jedimaster1227) brought up a fantastic point in the Dollywood thread.

In my nerdy spiel, I forgot about another kind of coaster that straddles the track - the S&S Free Fly.

The variant pictured in this photo has a multi-car train and X-like seats. The chassis cover looks similar to what we can see of the new coaster's teaser.

Add that to the fact that we haven't seen any B&M track surface other than Dollywood's, and we could possibly be looking at this kind of ride.

Thoughts?

The middle portion of the train in the puzzle looks like a B&M wingrider more than the S&S. And based on the video of Tranan, the S&S Free Fly I saw on a Coasters in the Raw video, it is a slow family ride. I don't know if it can do better, but I'll take the wingrider any day over that.

Edited by ilrider

Okay just my thought on this new ride. I think its going to be a zac-spin or something small. Because if it was something like a B&M wing rider, it would likley be a bigger ride (around Batman's size or bigger). And so with that bigger size I think they would be a little bit farther along in the construction process around the Splashwater/Raceway area (if thats where its going). Because from what I saw last week when I was there, there wasn't much going on. And I think supports or pieces should have popped up by now, unless they are somewhere were no one can see them. But anyway just my thought. I hope its a wing rider, but I don't think its going to be one. And who knows 36ish hours from now I could be completely wrong (which I hope I am).

And more good news... If you guys don't have a standup in the following years, then you're most likely gonna get another one in a few years-which will probably be a B&M because they're the only company I can think of that still makes stand ups, unless a new company comes or vekoma or intamin designs one.

We are not getting another Stand-Up. lol

^^ Yes it does. Its a bit easier to see on SFGAms FB since the pictures bigger, if you look closely, especially at the girl in orange, they have the straps that Raptor has, but not the handle you actually hold onto.

Link

EDIT: B&MIntaminGCI beat me to it, but still, definitely some OTSRs in the picture.

I am anxious to see the layout for this.....SFGam really needed this, IMHO. It appears based upon this and Dollywood that B&M has a hit on their hands with their interpretation of the "4D" coaster (albeit one without rotating seats at the moment). Although, I would imagine the sensation of the first drop on the Swarm coaster would be as dramatic as the first drop on X2.....

The only thing that makes me think this is NOT an Intamin wing rider, is because if you look in the middle of the puzzle piece, you can see the downward brace that B&M uses to mount their wing rider seats. Intamins are just straight off the side like a dive machine without the middle seats.

If this turns out to be a Wing Coaster/Wing Rider and not a Free Fly, I'm going to go on the B&M side of the argument - only because the Intamin trains have a platform that you can cross the train on. The artwork doesn't show that, just a solid chassis cover.

Is there any evidence of this being a B&M project (outside of the artwork)? I feel like it probably is, but the thought of another major Intamin project in the US makes me a bit giddy. Zooming in on the people riding, it looks like either the guy has narrow teal restraints, or that his shirt is teal and he has a grey I-305 or Raptor style vest on. (Or he has a complicated shirt and no otsr)

Is there any evidence of this being a B&M project (outside of the artwork)?

Not really, but the park has a great history with B&M, so based on past additions they'd probably go with B&M. Also, just announced on the parks Facebook, looks like were looking at an early morning announcement! Hopefully before school starts!

Excited for our announcement? Tomorrow’s the big day. Set your alarm clock early, because you, my Facebook fans are finding out FIRST! Woo-hoo!

Link