TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

What you guys want and what you actually get could be very different.

Yes, that's usually the case. Usually.

Look at the puzzle, it's obviously not a Zac-Spin.

Losing a trophy Beemer for a 800 foot long low capacity Intamin? Doesn't really balance out.

I like Iron Wolf quite a lot, but it's not exactly a trophy B&M. Sure it was the first, but for most people, that's all it has going for it.

Losing a trophy Beemer for a 800 foot long low capacity Intamin? Doesn't really balance out.

I don't think you have to worry about that. My guess is that everyone will quickly forget Iron Wolf when the 2012 attraction is announced and many will be ready to push Iron Wolf out to be ready to welcome the 2012 coaster...

I'm going with wingrider, as you can see the corner of the seat in the new piece removed. The edge of the seat seat has a sharp angle which matches the B&M wingrider, compared to the zac-spin which has higher and more curved seat edges.

Edit: Forgot about the watermark, it's covering the edge I'm referring to.

It does have the same shape, but why does it look like it's at the rider's feet in the puzzle, rather than supporting the thighs? I still think a wingrider is coming, but there is no evidence anywhere in the puzzle of a wingrider yet. Now that I'm almost convinced it's a split image, the right image looks more like a screaming swing, and the left side is very strategically covering the seat and OTSR for a wing rider. ZacSpin and starflyer are out, in my mind.

If this ride is a coaster, I'm making a point of visiting SFGAM when its finished.

If this ride is a wingrider, I'm absolutely making a point of visiting.

EDIT: On closer inspection of the most recent puzzle piece, it closely resembles a coaster seat of some sort. Very B&M-y.

Edited by CoasterCreator9

Is it sad that I am more apmed about the Logo.... It looks much better than the SFO/ SFWoA one. In other news I guess it is for sure a wing rider ride. Now the final question is B&M or Intamin. The only reason I ask is you think B&M would tell Dollywood that they aren't gonna be the only ones... unless of course it spins or rotates at DW.

Also good to see SF back in the BIG coaster game.

Yee-up, it's a Wing Coaster - only because the chassis of the train is covered by some crazy sculpture that looks like a raptor thingy that's screaming, "GIMME SOME CANDY".

I'm confused. Only 7 pieces of the puzzle were revealed and some say it's going to be a wing rider? Seriously? It doesn't look like anything to me at this moment in the game.

Please don't think I'm trying to stir the pot here a bit and start something. I'm just expressing my own opinion.

Unexpected, and pleasant to see this isn't a Zacspin or Eurofighter. One last hope of mine- that this isn't a clone of Raptor @ Gardaland. SFGAm is already covered in the "no-force, aimlessly meandering" coaster department (Superman).