TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I know several years ago IW received new restraints. That's when I noticed the ride wasn't as smooth as before. This is just my opinion, but I'm sure it also has to do with good ole wear and tear on the ride. Personally, I would be a bit sad to see this go. It has a bit of sentimental value to me since I was a ride op at it. If the park is to get rid of it, I would rather see it go to a different park than end up like Shockwave.

Yea, i'm not a fan of Iron Wolf. In fact, I hate it with a passion. The headbanging has become nearly unbearable and no one is ever really happy when they come back to the station. I have never ever seen Iron Wolf with a line besides Fright Fest when the park is packed. I do love the layout, but the ride is in rough shape.

I would love to see Great America send Iron Wolf over to SFA, but despite what Screamscape says i'm still on the fence. Not only has the park sent out emails and Facebook messages saying Iron Wolf isn't leaving anytime soon, but they said the exact same thing during the Q&A session at Theme Park Review Day last year.

One big reason I could see it going though, is if they took IW and the Wilderness Theater out (is that ever even used anymore?) they could have a nice chunk of land for a new large major coaster. If needed they could even build over some of the log flumes and back end of Picnic Grove. The splashwater falls site would be nice for more compact coaster, but there isn't much area to branch out around it besides Demons turnaround.

You all are getting me mighty excited to get my Iron Wolf credit in a couple of weeks.

I hope you're still equally excited as you re-enter the station. The only ride I've ever seen an entire train of people turn down a re-ride.

1. They are only open on extremley hot days. In the last two years I've only seen them both running twice.

2. They are in terrible conditition.

I'd love to see them stay and I'd love even more to see them build a coaster around the flumes, but they need some TLC fast. And can we please get some new paint?

1. They are only open on extremley hot days. In the last two years I've only seen them both running twice.

2. They are in terrible conditition.

I'd love to see them stay and I'd love even more to see them build a coaster around the flumes, but they need some TLC fast. And can we please get some new paint?

Really? You must be visiting on the wrong days. The 15 times I've visited SFGAm, only in May was when both of them were not operating. Plus, what's the reason to have two flumes operating unless it's super crowded.

Im new to TPR, but I wanted to share something from the Great America facebook page.

"Just got out of a meeting with our Park President to discuss some confidential plans. Wanna see what’s inside my folder? There’s a big announcement coming August 1, but in the meantime I’ll be sharing some clues. Check back daily for a sneak peek inside my folder until the big announcement. Let’s see if you can piece it together..."

Im pretty excited for whatever Great America gets... I just hope it's not a food court or something.

I could really see something along the lines of the Dare Devil Dive coaster that was built at SFOG this year going into the Iron Wolf spot

Precisely the concern.

I may be crazy, but I'm hoping for a new coaster in both the IW and SWF spots for next year. I just hope one is better than a Eurofighter or ZacSpin clone.

I could really see something along the lines of the Dare Devil Dive coaster that was built at SFOG this year going into the Iron Wolf spot

Precisely the concern.

I may be crazy, but I'm hoping for a new coaster in both the IW and SWF spots for next year. I just hope one is better than a Eurofighter or ZacSpin clone.

I don't think Great America wants to have a repeat of 2001, maybe they will have one kiddie coaster and one thrill coaster?

The first clue.

Link

Along the right, there is a word ending in "rds." A word that would make sense is "backwards." Eagle running backwards again at Fright Fest (photos of the backwards running cars on the transfer track have been posted in recent days). New ride involves going backwards? So many possibilities.

Edited by ilrider

Why do people keep saying Dark Knight should be removed for something else? Its still pretty new, gets a line, and the themeing is mainted very well and there are even some changes now and then. If anything, maybe we'd see a retheme someday, but I doubt the ride will be going soon.