Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

I don't get that, at least at that price point. Sure they'd rather you pay monthly but I think they could turn this into a better thing and make MORE money if they reduced it into the 100's, say around $150. (I guess the idea still is people will forget and they'll get free money.) I'm sure me and Bert aren't the only ones who like to pay all up front for things like this. I do appreciate that it is at least an online option now, guessing they had people complain and thought this would solve it at least in their minds.

Coming back to the LaRonde thing I spent over an hour on a chat trying to get an answer an their deal last week. We were about to figure it out then it disconnected me for inactivity while I was waiting, go figure. 🙄 Going to try again later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's more a sign of how bad people are at cancelling recurring payments.  This is why every company in the world wants you on a monthly payment and buying gift cards now days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tndank said:

I think it's more a sign of how bad people are at cancelling recurring payments.  This is why every company in the world wants you on a monthly payment and buying gift cards now days.

No company I deal with regularly does, at least until SF did this.

 

My insurance providers either require annual payments or offer discounts for paying in advance

And we almost know how insurance companies view profits.  So I don't see how monthly memberships look better in a P&L.

 

Paid in full, means get guaranteed got the full amount. Monthly, sure one year but then that money can go away at anytime.

While one might forget to cancel in month 12 or 13, they will soon. That extra payment or 2 doesn't add up to much in the long run.

 

Or in August I plan to go a lot, but the pass. Come March that changes. Well the pass is paid. Use it a little then come August again and I buy again.

Membership? That March in year 2+ I cancel and don't visit all summer. No food/merchant sales. I won't bother in Aug/Sep either as there's no benefit. Sign up any time for the same cost.

 

I had membership for 1 year. And canceled, went to a pass. If it was so great I would have stayed.

 

It's only good for people that can't save up $70 to buy a pass. But not really, it's more like pay-day loan companies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I see they extended the sale on the crappy passes. Must not have sold as well as they thought.

Too many like me that don't want the limited pass nor memberships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The real question is will they make the connection?

I could see next year when people realize they don't work at other parks they back track and allow it but not willing to take the risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

so I didn't take advantage of the "Labor Day Sale" to renew my pass, as I'm still undecided if I want to even bother, as it's only going to be good for 1 park now.

and still really undecided on if I will bother with "membership" - but haven't bothered to worry, since I have been using my existing pass to still visit other parks (I was at SFOG on Labor Day), and the moment you renew, it upgrades to the 2022 version (meaning you can't use your pass for other parks).


anyways.. mentioning it, because Six Flags sent me an offer yesterday - special 2-day Halloween sale. . that's actually a pretty damn good deal (low $40's for the pass, including parking).   Still only good for 1 park tho, and there's still 3 months left in the year and I'm hoping to go up to SFOT at some point during Holiday in the Park.    So won't be renewing yet. . .but let's see how low will they go?  (and if they'll offer multi-park options if I keep the pass)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bert425 said:

so I didn't take advantage of the "Labor Day Sale" to renew my pass, 
anyways.. mentioning it, because Six Flags sent me an offer yesterday - special 2-day Halloween sale. . that's actually a pretty damn good deal (low $40's for the pass, including parking).   

Not sure of your park, but SFoG sent the same 2 day sale and it was the same $40 price that they offered last month then extended a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, Fiesta was a bit cheaper (by ~13 bucks) than the prior sale

if I wait. . maybe they'll go even cheaper?    tho I wanna do HitP at SFOT. .so will wait anyways so my current pass works there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The price was $70 for SFMM. I still have not renewed - mainly because I may or may not be moving in the next few months and don't want my pass tied to SFMM if I won't be living nearby anymore. If the passes still included all SF parks, I would've already renewed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, got another renewal offer. Either pass sales are falling flat or it is just something they do if you don't renew. Always have renewed via Labor Day so haven't been this late before. Me and you Bert are holding out for the same hope of multi-park. 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ALT2870 said:

Yep, got another renewal offer. Either pass sales are falling flat or it is just something they do if you don't renew. Always have renewed via Labor Day so haven't been this late before. Me and you Bert are holding out for the same hope of multi-park. 😅

I've never gotten this many emails before.  That's what happens when you remove a major perk of the season pass.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Have to assume their decision to make Season Passes good only at your home park for 2022 is going over like a fart in a hurricane, and sales have PLUMMETED (without an increase in Memberships).

 

because I just got a survey from Six Flags asking all about different levels being offered to Season Passes - which are very similar to the Membership levels (with similar benefits) and asking why I would choose Season Pass over membership.

 

the survey included a version of "ticket" page that included this:

(I highlighted the Gold Plus option, as that's what I would go for).


image.png.0e274e0609681fb0c852e76c7bcaee43.png

 

so really hopeful this will get rolled out and be a reality.

i'd purchase one in a SECOND.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 10:30 AM, anonymouscactus said:

The thing that kills me is the processing at your home park. My home park doesn't open until May, so if I visit any park before that (spring break, etc) I will have to buy the membership from another park unless I buy it before the season is over this year, but it wouldn't make sense to double pay because I already have a non local park season pass. If they had the GOOD perks for every park it would make sense, but the bring a friend, etc only work at your home park. I hate it. The percent off discount that's good at every park is usually more than the online prices anyways.

Not that I want to bring a friend to suffer at Darien Lake, but still... to make it financially worth it there's no good way to do it for me.

is this different from before? every year i was told i could only pick up my passes at my home park, and every year i would visit a different six flags park that opened a couple months before mine. i just emailed my home park, told them where i was going and what dates, and they would send me a letter that i just had to print and show at the other park to get a day ticket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, qwimjim said:

is this different from before? every year i was told i could only pick up my passes at my home park, and every year i would visit a different six flags park that opened a couple months before mine. i just emailed my home park, told them where i was going and what dates, and they would send me a letter that i just had to print and show at the other park to get a day ticket. 

Yes, it's different than before.  Did you miss the last several pages of discussion on this thread?

That sounds like the procedure for Palace Entertainment Platinum Passes.  Every Six Flags I've been to on a Season Pass just scanned the card that was issued in Jersey and they let me in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Yes, it's different than before.  Did you miss the last several pages of discussion on this thread?

That sounds like the procedure for Palace Entertainment Platinum Passes.  Every Six Flags I've been to on a Season Pass just scanned the card that was issued in Jersey and they let me in.

Right IF you have your seasons pass, if your park isn't open yet, you don't have your passes. So if you want to go to another park that opens earlier, you need to email to get the letter. Unless you're saying that no longer works?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who knows, because its not 2022 yet, but every SF park in the US lists Season Passes as not being valid at parks other than the one at which they were purchased, so I would expect that yes, that no longer works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, qwimjim said:

Right IF you have your seasons pass, if your park isn't open yet, you don't have your passes. So if you want to go to another park that opens earlier, you need to email to get the letter. Unless you're saying that no longer works?

No longer works.

the moment you buy a 2022 pass, it's active and overwrites what you had on your 2020-2021 pass.  

Meaning if I had taken the "sale" they offered over Labor Day, and then again earlier this month?  I wouldn't have been able to use my current pass to go to SFOG or SFOT (planned trip in Nov).

It's gonna be interesting if they DO roll out the above stuff (and I really hope they do) as they are going to have a LOT of pissed off people who renewed, and want to have the extra park access.  (wonder if they are going to allow "upgrade" to pay the difference to get to Gold level for that access).

all moot at the moment anyways, as this is just info from a Survey, and not anything they rolled out (yet)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bert425 said:

No longer works.

the moment you buy a 2022 pass, it's active and overwrites what you had on your 2020-2021 pass.  

Meaning if I had taken the "sale" they offered over Labor Day, and then again earlier this month?  I wouldn't have been able to use my current pass to go to SFOG or SFOT (planned trip in Nov).

It's gonna be interesting if they DO roll out the above stuff (and I really hope they do) as they are going to have a LOT of pissed off people who renewed, and want to have the extra park access.  (wonder if they are going to allow "upgrade" to pay the difference to get to Gold level for that access).

all moot at the moment anyways, as this is just info from a Survey, and not anything they rolled out (yet)

There's one exception that I know of, Laronde still states that 2022 season's passes are valid at all six flags locations, though it seems they removed the free parking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, qwimjim said:

There's one exception that I know of, Laronde still states that 2022 season's passes are valid at all six flags locations, though it seems they removed the free parking. 

If you haven't picked up on it yet, no one really cares what La Ronde does.  We get it, their passes are good everywhere.  No one cares, just like no one cares that CF made Canada's Wonderland passes good through the end of 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, qwimjim said:

There's one exception that I know of, Laronde still states that 2022 season's passes are valid at all six flags locations, though it seems they removed the free parking. 

LaRonde is not a USA park, and doesn't appear to offer the monthly membership as an option (they only do Season Passes from what I can tell on their website (I can't read French)).

So yeah, it's an exception..*ALL* USA parks currently state that if you purchase 2022 Season Passes they are only good at your home park.

and they update your current 2020-2021 pass to the 2022 one as soon as you purchase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, bert425 said:

LaRonde is not a USA park, and doesn't appear to offer the monthly membership as an option (they only do Season Passes from what I can tell on their website (I can't read French)).

So yeah, it's an exception..*ALL* USA parks currently state that if you purchase 2022 Season Passes they are only good at your home park.

and they update your current 2020-2021 pass to the 2022 one as soon as you purchase.

Odd that they would continue to offer such a big perk when all US parks have gotten rid of it. Part of me wonders if it's a mistake on the website and it won't be honoured. Btw if you want laronde in english this is the link: https://www.sixflags.com/larondeen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

So, for my information, is Six Flags:Mexico included here, as well? Just asking. 🎠

keep in mind. . this is just a Survey, Bill.


but I'd expect it would be, IF they go the multi park pass for USA. . since the Six Flags Mexico site has both Memberships and Season Passes avail. for purchase and clearly states that Season Pass bought at Six Flags Mexico is ONLY good for Six Flags Mexico and Hurricane Harbor there for rest of 2021 and 2022.

so if they roll out the multi-park pass option, I'd expect it would be good there too.

*unlike French, I do read and speak Spanish. . LOL. . so could easily read the Six Flags Mexico site.  :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, qwimjim said:

Odd that they would continue to offer such a big perk when all US parks have gotten rid of it. Part of me wonders if it's a mistake on the website and it won't be honoured. Btw if you want laronde in english this is the link: https://www.sixflags.com/larondeen

ok. . looking at it in English, confirms what I suspected from the French version: 

LaRonde does NOT offer memberships.

so yeah, it's not odd at all.   The other parks, they took the perk away from Season Passes to force folks to Membership.
LaRonde doesn't offer Membership (click the Membership ticket link. . it brings you to Season Passes options) - so they can't take away that perk to try to force folks over.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/