TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

23 hours ago, bert425 said:

the survey included a version of "ticket" page that included this:

(I highlighted the Gold Plus option, as that's what I would go for).

image.png.0e274e0609681fb0c852e76c7bcaee43.png

so really hopeful this will get rolled out and be a reality.

i'd purchase one in a SECOND.

Well, that at least looks just like the old Gold plus option that I had for 2020 and 2021.

Well other than the "Member-Only events" bit, but there were pass holder only events that included members. Not sure if there were ever member only events that excluded pass holders.

I wonder who they sent the survey to. I didn't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't quite on topic re: season pass renewals and maybe I've just been out of the Six Flags loop for too many years, but I was flabbergasted yesterday at SFNE when we showed up and it cost $30 more to go in the haunted mazes. When did that start happening?

Also, I suppose it's good for Six Flags, but crowds were crazy last night. WC and Superman both had 75 minute waits with stacking trains. We showed up at 530pm thinking a Sunday night would have thin crowds and they were terrible. Sadly the bad crowds just made for my least favorite experience ever at a theme park. Such a bummer! 

48 minutes ago, slazzy87 said:

This isn't quite on topic re: season pass renewals and maybe I've just been out of the Six Flags loop for too many years, but I was flabbergasted yesterday at SFNE when we showed up and it cost $30 more to go in the haunted mazes. When did that start happening?

Also, I suppose it's good for Six Flags, but crowds were crazy last night. WC and Superman both had 75 minute waits with stacking trains. We showed up at 530pm thinking a Sunday night would have thin crowds and they were terrible. Sadly the bad crowds just made for my least favorite experience ever at a theme park. Such a bummer! 

Every park across the Country has been SLAMMED in October for the Halloween offerings.

read thru some of the trip reports, and you'll see this has been the norm this year - which as you note, is a good thing for the parks.   People are really eager to get out. 
(not just theme parks either. . .I've been to a couple of concerts, both almost completely sold out, and to a daytime "art festival" that was so packed, I never took my mask off even tho it was outdoors, and we didn't stay long)

Good to know on all fronts. I guess I was expecting what I had experienced from the CF parks where mazes were included. It never crossed my mind that SF would be charging separately - no wonder the price of a season pass this time of year is so cheap.

Separately, unsurprising about the lines but I still had my hopes up. Maybe the boost in attendance will mean a new major rollercoaster...although I jest of course :) After all, this is the group that continues to pretend that Catwoman's Whip is a ride for adults. 

5 hours ago, coasterbill said:

It should also be noted that some levels of membership do include free haunt mazes. We went through one the other night and just scanned our pass.

I hoped this might be the case, but probably not just for Golds. Good to know though that the option is there! 

24 minutes ago, tndank said:

Great Adventure has new season pass structures now on sale. Memberships now have a season pass version. Everything but basic passes are good at all parks. I would assume others will follow. Hopefully. 

FABULOUS.

do you have a link?  I'm not seeing that at the regular Great Adventure site as an offering.

nothing yet for Fiesta. .but will see if they hopefully follow suit

^ edit:  i asked SFFT Park President via an open FB forum and he responded to me with a link.

so although I couldnt' find it on my own, apparently this has been rolled out to multiple parks now, as Fiesta Texas has it too:

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/store/tickets-pick?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5oiMBhDtARIsAJi0qk3gIuONVHu35aTfZ1UYiixplJoCSgGAUb8HmxSiqDGpUN08EB6pedQaAkurEALw_wcB&fbclid=IwAR2aY2ez-bt60rVNiqtxf1ZC-2rsmutH_dm1HHpYastAyDFft0Ma3yc4-fI

6 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ edit:  i asked SFFT Park President via an open FB forum and he responded to me with a link.

so although I couldnt' find it on my own, apparently this has been rolled out to multiple parks now, as Fiesta Texas has it too:

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/store/tickets-pick?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5oiMBhDtARIsAJi0qk3gIuONVHu35aTfZ1UYiixplJoCSgGAUb8HmxSiqDGpUN08EB6pedQaAkurEALw_wcB&fbclid=IwAR2aY2ez-bt60rVNiqtxf1ZC-2rsmutH_dm1HHpYastAyDFft0Ma3yc4-fI

Prices look to be in line with the old Gold Plus season passes, for $80 you get parking and admission to all of the Six Flags Parks.  It looks like the only pass or membership that doesn't include all parks is the basic $60 season pass.

^ which, until today, was the only option (basic, only good at your own park. . and no free parking - tho they threw that in as perk during Labor Day sale).

so glad I held off on renewing.

I think I might actually go for the Platinum to include drinks. . . and that way with meal plan get food and drink each visit

4 hours ago, bert425 said:

do you have a link?  I'm not seeing that at the regular Great Adventure site as an offering.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets-pick

4 hours ago, bert425 said:

nothing yet for Fiesta. .but will see if they hopefully follow suit

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/store/tickets-pick

Sadly doesn't yet work for overgeorgia yet.

27 minutes ago, joelwee said:

Nothing yet for Magic Mountain, but hopefully that'll change soon. I'm glad I held off on renewing, but I'll definitely jump on it if/when they do make the change.

from questions asked of Mr. Siebert in the SFFT group - ie: "what about those who had renewed and only have access to one park?"

it certainly does sound as if upgrade options will be offered in the near future.

(and I fully expect this will be rolled out across all parks, since the leveled Season Passes are good at all parks).

On 11/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, bert425 said:

(and I fully expect this will be rolled out across all parks, since the leveled Season Passes are good at all parks).

I hope it does, but it's interesting that for the 2 parks linked above it looks like the old pass hierarchy.
Just returning to what they had been doing.

Also noteworthy that the pages aren't readily accessible yet.
The normal tickets & passes link only shows the single park pass w/ parking ($70) priced between the basic pass ($60) and the gold plus ($80).

So not clear how much of a rollout it is yet.

^ I will note again tho. . .I purchased via the link that was given to me by Mr. Siebert. . . and my recipt shows Diamond Level Season Pass.

so it's active (apparently more in the Mobile apps than in the regular Park Page for SFOT from what I saw Ryan post on the TPR FB page)

EDIT:   @TEDodd - i just checked SFOT website on my home computer, and the Season Pass option is only the original (single park, 1 price).

i then went on my phone to the SFOT website, and under "tickets" and the 1st thing that comes up is the tiered Season Pass options.

so if you have a mobile, try looking at the website for your home park on your mobile rather than desktop.

23 minutes ago, bert425 said:

EDIT:   @TEDodd - i just checked SFOT website on my home computer, and the Season Pass option is only the original (single park, 1 price).

i then went on my phone to the SFOT website, and under "tickets" and the 1st thing that comes up is the tiered Season Pass options.

Interesting. And that brings up a different page too.

Desktop the tickets link goes to store/tickets
On the phone it goes to store/tickets-buy
The earlier links were store/tickets-pick

And I tried the other two parks and tickets-buy worked.
But neither went there from the main tickets link on the page like it does for SFOT.

And SFOG both -buy and -pick give a not found page.

I tried to look at the page source but couldn't make head nor tails of the mess.

If it's a rollout it's botched.

58 minutes ago, bert425 said:

Follow up. Had my son test this using Edge.

And on the desktop it tries to open store/tickets then redirects to store/tickets-now which shows all the season passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEDodd said:

If it's a rollout it's botched.

If you expected competency from Six Flags, then I have a bridge to sell ya! 😆

When I go onto the SFNE website on my phone I only get the single season pass option. When I go onto the Great Adventure website I get the tiered selections.

• Haha 2

SFGAm is still offering the basic season pass and the membership tiers. I used the chat function on Friday to inquire about season pass tiers. I was told that season pass tiers are only being offered at select parks and as of now there are no plans to change that. Not the answer I wanted to hear and hopefully passes are expanded soon. The gold season pass is all I want and would like to stick with it.