TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

^ That'd be an awesome idea. I would settle with that if they didn't buy Darien Lake, since it's a similar distance from me.

Just an idea, but I wouldn't think they'd ever do this, but try to revive the Grand Texas Theme Park idea.

^I hope Cedar Fair gets Marineland. Then again, I hope Cedar Fair gets every park Six Flags wants. Speaking of Marineland... I remember hearing years ago both companies (CF and SF) tried to buy it, but he wouldn't sell. It's similar to Magic Moutain - and awesome location, HUGE and mostly barren (to a less degree than MM of course). A little TLC, a few rides, good operations and some love would make it a world-class park. The same factors would make many Six Flags parks world-class... just my 2 cents.

Waiting for the day the Holiday World folks start getting more parks. Man they run a tight ship!!

^I hope Cedar Fair gets Marineland. Then again, I hope Cedar Fair gets every park Six Flags wants. Speaking of Marineland... I remember hearing years ago both companies (CF and SF) tried to buy it, but he wouldn't sell. It's similar to Magic Moutain - and awesome location, HUGE and mostly barren (to a less degree than MM of course). A little TLC, a few rides, good operations and some love would make it a world-class park. The same factors would make many Six Flags parks world-class... just my 2 cents.

Waiting for the day the Holiday World folks start getting more parks. Man they run a tight ship!!

Odd Cedar Fair would be interested cause they don't do animals and we all know what happened the last time they bought a park with animals.

Does anybody know when Six Flags Vietnam is supposed to be opening?

10th of Never. Investors fell through over a year ago.

I knew that Navi fell through, but the park was originally planned to open up in 2020 or 2021, is that off the table?

I thought that Navi also owned the Dubai and Chinese properties, apparently not.

Does anybody know when Six Flags Vietnam is supposed to be opening?

10th of Never. Investors fell through over a year ago.

I knew that Navi fell through, but the park was originally planned to open up in 2020 or 2021, is that off the table?

I thought that Navi also owned the Dubai and Chinese properties, apparently not.

Hey!! Listen!!

Sorry had a brief Ocarina of Time moment

I believe Schlitterbahn Corpus Christi/North Padre Island park and resort was just sold at an auction. They are currently looking for a buyer. Six Flags to the rescue, maybe, maybe not? This might be a good location, only 2 1/2 hour drive from SFFT.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa

Six Flags Adds Five More Parks to US Portfolio

May 22, 2018

Houston, Phoenix, Buffalo, and Oklahoma City Parks Expand Market Reach

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Six Flags EntertainmentCorporation (NYSE:SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced it has entered into a purchase agreement with affiliates of Premier Parks, LLC to acquire the lease rights to operate five parks owned by EPR Properties (NYSE:EPR). The parks have previously been operated by Premier Parks, LLC of Oklahoma City. These latest acquisitions will expand the company’s portfolio of North American parks to twenty-five.

“Today’s announcement represents another milestone in our strategic North-American growth initiative to seek out park acquisitions that expand our addressable market,” said Six Flags Chairman, CEO, and President, Jim Reid-Anderson. “These are all fantastic properties that complement our existing portfolio and provide tremendous added value and cross-visitation opportunities for our extensive Membership and Season Pass base.”

The parks joining the Six Flags family are:

Wet n’ Wild Splashtown, Houston’s largest waterpark, with more than 48 lush acres and a wide selection of thrilling waterslides and attractions, along with two children’s areas;

Wet n’ Wild Phoenix, the largest waterpark in Arizona (located in the Adobe Dam Recreation Area), featuring 35 acres of high-speed slides and two pools, and also offering a Wet n’ Wild Jr. section with kid-friendly versions of some of the park’s most thrilling attractions;

Darien Lake near Buffalo, NY, a beautiful resort property located on approximately 1,000 acres that includes a theme park, waterpark, campground, hotel, and a 21,000-seat amphitheater;

Frontier City, an iconic part of the Oklahoma City landscape, is steeped in tradition. The park features a western theme and offers an extensive lineup of exciting rides, attractions, and shows geared to every member of the family; and

White Water Bay, near Frontier City, a tropical oasis with more than 25 acres of waterslides, interactive water play areas, and pools.

Six Flags is the largest regional theme park operator in the world and upon closing of the transactions, will be the largest waterpark operator in North America. With the addition of these five properties that entertained approximately two million guests in 2017, there will be an additional 20 million guests within a 100-mile radius of a Six Flags park, significantly expanding the company’s national footprint.

“We are thrilled to welcome these outstanding properties and employees into our family of parks and look forward to sharing the thrill of Six Flags with guests of all ages in these key markets,” added Reid-Anderson.

Closing of the transactions contemplated by the agreement is expected to occur in June, 2018 and is subject to customary closing conditions.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.4 billion in revenue and 20 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 57 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

Forward Looking Statements

The information contained in this release, other than historical information, consists of forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act. These statements may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in such statements. These risks and uncertainties include, among others, (i) the adequacy of cash flows from operations, available cash and available amounts under our credit facilities to meet our future liquidity needs, (ii) our ability to roll out our capital enhancements in a timely and cost effective manner, (iii) our ability to improve operating results by implementing strategic cost reductions, and organizational and personnel changes without adversely affecting our business, (iv) our operations and results of operations, and (v) the risk factors or uncertainties listed from time to time in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). In addition, important factors, including factors impacting attendance, such as local conditions, natural disasters, contagious diseases, events, disturbances and terrorist activities; recall of food, toys and other retail products sold at our parks; risk of accidents occurring at the company’s parks or other parks in the industry and adverse publicity concerning our parks or other parks in the industry; inability to achieve desired improvements and our aspirational financial performance goals; adverse weather conditions such as excess heat or cold, rain and storms; general financial and credit market conditions; economic conditions (including customer spending patterns); changes in public and consumer tastes; construction delays in capital improvements or ride downtime; competition with other theme parks and other entertainment alternatives; dependence on a seasonal workforce; unionization activities and labor disputes; laws and regulations affecting labor and employee benefit costs, including increases in state and federally mandated minimum wages, and healthcare reform; pending, threatened or future legal proceedings and the significant expenses associated with litigation; cyber security risks and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the company’s expectations. Although the company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will be realized and actual results could vary materially. Reference is made to a more complete discussion of forward-looking statements and applicable risks contained under the captions "Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors" in the company’s Annual and Quarterly Reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, and its other filings and submissions with the SEC, each of which are available free of charge on the company’s investor relations website at investors.sixflags.com and on the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov.

Follow us on Twitter @SixFlags

Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflags

View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180522006328/en/

Six Flags EntertainmentCorporation

Media Contact:

Sandra Daniels, 972-595-5178

sdaniels@sftp.com

or

Investor Relations Contact

Stephen Purtell, 972-595-5081

spurtell@sftp.com

Source: Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

the waterparks don't do much for me, as I'm not a waterpark person. . but Darien Lake and Frontier City are gonna be Six Flags parks?

that's a big deal. . good to see the company doing so well that they can be acquiring more under their umbrella.

Wait....they bought back those parks?

I mean, OK I guess. I think its a very different company today but god this seems weird to see parks that were debranded get rebranded.

(also I'd appreciate my Six Flags season pass working again at Darien Lake before I go in July k thx)

Edited by DirkFunk

...That was unexpected

Is it really that unexpected? I feel like once every decade or so Six Flags buys a bunch of parks, then sells a bunch of parks, then buys more parks, closes some parks, buys more... This has been happening for many, many years even as far back as when they bought parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure.

I don't have the time to do the research now because I have many better things to do with my time, but I'm sure someone could draw up a pattern over time between their buying and shedding of parks over the years...

Edited by robbalvey

...That was unexpected

Is it really that unexpected? I feel like once every decade or so Six Flags buys a bunch of parks, then sells a bunch of parks, then buys more parks, closes some parks, buys more... This has been happening for many, many years even as far back as when they bought parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure.

I don't have the time to do the research now because I have many better things to do with my time, but I'm sure someone could draw up a pattern over time between their buying and shedding of parks over the years...

In so much as these were parks that they already divested of because they weren't seen as being in valuable enough markets, I have to admit it surprises me. But from a strictly business perspective, I guess there's nothing else to buy. There aren't any other parks. This is it.

I've actually had really good visits to Six Flags parks for the last couple of years, so I'm not at all concerned about this acquisition. If anything, it'll help Darien Lake. And I think by having a lot of capital to bring to bear in Oklahoma City, they might get some really cool big stuff soon.

Wait....they bought back those parks?

I mean, OK I guess. I think its a very different company today but god this seems weird to see parks that were debranded get rebranded.

(also I'd appreciate my Six Flags season pass working again at Darien Lake before I go in July k thx)

I was wondering the same thing on the season pass at Darien once I saw this announcement.

I'm not shocked Six Flags is expanding, but I am surprised they're reacquiring parks they previously sold. Glad to see Six Flags is doing well!

If anything, it'll help Darien Lake. And I think by having a lot of capital to bring to bear in Oklahoma City, they might get some really cool big stuff soon.

I hope they hung on to some of those Superman: Ride of Steel signs from the good 'ol days so they can bring them back!

So this deal is to operate these parks. I wonder if the plan is to eventually buy these parks. I guess it will still be up to the current owners to add new rides. I do like that my season pass should be good at a Houston park again heh. This will be interesting to follow.

Looks like we're going to have to deal with distinguishing between the two S:ROS's again

Assuming they simply revert back to Ride of Steel's old name, that is.