TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are the Coasters you have Ridden Most?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only coaster I ever bothered to keep count of ride times was on Goliath at SFMM - I figured I had ridden it at least 98 times (including 32 times in one day) over a period of a couple of years. Otherwise, I figure I've ridden coasters I like at parks I get to on a fairly regular basis probably a few dozen times, like at CP and KD.

I am now keeping track of my rides on Skyrush this year, so far I'm at 13 total and I hope to marathon on it at least one more time before the year's end.

Thankfully I've decided to stop counting laps, even though occasionally it can be interesting to look back and see how my number of laps influenced my opinion of a coaster, or make comparisons. Oh well, it's a small part of life after all.

That said, there's no way the answer isn't El Toro. Phoenix is probably still the runner-up.

Phoenix is probably still the runner-up.

I approve. I've lost count of how many times in total that I've ridden that coaster, although the most I've ever ridden it in a single day is twenty laps.

I used to do 15-20 laps a day on Shockwave at SFGAm before its demise. I have no idea how many total rides I got on it, though it had to be somewhere between 400-500! Maybe that's why I am the way I am now? The red train was the smoothest, and the blue was usually smooth, too. I avoided the yellow train if possible.

My most-ridden coasters (in no particular order) are probably Mantis, Magnum, and Diamondback. I never really bothered to keep track, but those three easily have had the most rides, with Diamondback most likely trailing behind the other two.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say Gold Striker at CGA, 206 times to be exact. Next could probably be any other coaster there, most likely Top Gun/Flight Deck.

I also just calculated that the distance i've traveled on Gold Striker and the answer is.....124.7 miles.

Edited by rolercstrluvr

Demon, American Eagle, Whizzer (my home park!), Blue Streak (CP - when it was still a classic; worked on it for 2 years), Kennywood Thunderbolt, Legend at Holiday World, Mind Bender SFOG...

and my record for most rides in one day was 64 on Screechin' Eagle:

540293_179988858793421_1053649544_n.jpg

It was 1989, I was like... 15, and obviously crazy. I loved every minute of it. No seatbelts, no headrests, none of that junk. Just one cranky old kick-ass John Miller ride with 2 drops that tried to throw you out. It was heaven!

This was the killer drop:

It doesn't look like much, but the tail end of that 3 bench car cranked right over!

the drop after this one was nearly as wild

I typically lose track of how many times I've ridden any given coaster after about the fourth or fifth time. It would probably end up being one of either Shockwave (SFGAm), Raging Bull, Batman The Ride, or Kumba. If we're taking into account the numerous clones that grace the park they're in, Batman The Ride(s) wins handily. I'll take multiple laps on this ride anytime I cross paths with it despite having the original 45 short minutes from me at my home park.

• 2 weeks later...