TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

As you might have seen in the preview thread, I'm working on a new mini-hyper. It's about 160ft/49m tall. The ride has floater air, air, ejector air, and an OMG moment. The first drop looks like it's 75-80 degrees steep.

The trackwork has already been completed. I'll make up a POV soon, but for now, here's some shots of the in-progress support structure.

frenzy_2.jpg.bb3c02de859c712ea6e0a88d991099a4.jpg

Here's a closeup of the drop. Get used to this kind of support design - it's going to show up a lot.

frenzy_1.jpg.d2d0e6b91957a4266b254540385fc8c7.jpg

Here's the lift and first drop. The lift has a framework structure.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First impressions are eh. Ride is very linear with 180 degree turns around the mid/end. Transitions from turns to hills were pretty bad. Also, for a Mini-Hyper theres a line between too long and too short. I think yours went too long. You dont want to drag the experience on. You want just the right amount where you know the riders are satisfied and wowed, but not overdone.

Its a decent looking ride but needs more TLC with the trackwork.

Oh, turn off shocks!

Yeah I was definately thinking it was to long to. That overbank behind the staion seems like it wouldve been a good end point. Assuming that you don't shorten it though, coming out of that final helix before the last few airtime hills sees like you kept it banked a little bit to long. You couldve straightened it out sooner it seemed like. Lastly, are the trims on the return course necessary? It didn't seem like they slowed the train down all that much. I'm also not feeling the supports but if thats the way you want them to be, let it be. Good job though on the most part.

First impressions are eh. Ride is very linear with 180 degree turns around the mid/end. Transitions from turns to hills were pretty bad. Also, for a Mini-Hyper theres a line between too long and too short. I think yours went too long. You dont want to drag the experience on. You want just the right amount where you know the riders are satisfied and wowed, but not overdone.

Its a decent looking ride but needs more TLC with the trackwork.

Oh, turn off shocks!

It did turn out longer than I thought - 4500 feet! I've trimmed 100 feet off by tightening and rebanking the curves of the semi-figure-eight finish. It's become less dragged out and more intense.

Also, I've already started fine-tuning the transitions and I'm liking what I'm seeing. As for the shocks, I can't tell the difference between when they're on or off...

Yeah I was definately thinking it was to long to. That overbank behind the staion seems like it wouldve been a good end point. Assuming that you don't shorten it though, coming out of that final helix before the last few airtime hills sees like you kept it banked a little bit to long. You couldve straightened it out sooner it seemed like. Lastly, are the trims on the return course necessary? It didn't seem like they slowed the train down all that much. I'm also not feeling the supports but if thats the way you want them to be, let it be. Good job though on the most part.

The trim coming off of the first airtime hill isn't really a trim, it's a block section to allow three-train operation.

Thanks for the comments - I'm already at work making the ride even better.

You mean you cant tell that the cars vibrate and shake around like crazy instead of the train not vibrating around? Well really its just the camera, not the train, but it makes everything look a lot shakier.

Im not sure 100ft would do it. Even if you made the elements more intense, 100ft doesnt take much off the actual ride time.

Just some observations! I say finish this, fix on your next rides.

Here's some more progress shots:

frenzy_5.jpg.493813d2edb52899e8aec1585dd5750f.jpg

Finally, here's the spiral. It has a very Son Of Beast-esque design to it.

frenzy_4.jpg.d2472553fce43108f619746e9d31b7d3.jpg

Here's the third hill leading into the spiral. Like I said before, the support structure style is going to show up a lot.

frenzy_3.jpg.0c7c8e3859aebbfa0dc0e2e516629316.jpg

Here's the second hill. The transition from the first hill to the second hill has been smoothed out.

I felt that immediatly when I saw that. On that airtime hill, the connections to the track where theres no support directly under (or even coming off at the same angle) I really feel there should be a support at least going back to the main base of supports.

Very decent layout , the only thing I disliked about it I felt was the bottom of the first drop, it turned slightly left for a split second like a car with an alignment issue.

That's the old POV you're watching, the transition has since been smoothed and shocks have since been turned off.

Hopefully it doesn't shake the poo-poo out of you like SoB does.

No, it doesn't, but it is forceful - about 4Gs at the bottom of each turnaround.

Support revision:

frenzy_6.jpg.63d53efec78c43bdeeb07841b1f90928.jpg

The resupported third hill. Extra bracing has been added to the old structure as well as the structure on the second hill.

thats better. Hard to see on my phone but that looks better. Im all for creative supporting, but i think it still needs to be realistic. Thats the payoff, being creative and innovative while making it realistic.

ACTUALLY, (Now that Im on a computer and can see) The support right at the back of the train is what I was talking about. Theres a lot of load on the track in that spot. The airtime hill can be far less supported but when youre pullin positive G's, you need a direct support. I think you could remove the supports you added and put them there. Youll still retain your look and itll be more realistic with functionality.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while! Frenzy is on the home stretch of being completely finished. Here are some shots before I load up a video and a download.

IMG tags are just easier for me:

Frenzy is sporting a brand spanking new color scheme.

You can now see that the entire ride is surrounded by trees.

Oooh! Station fly-by! Take that, GCI!

Here's a look at the custom station. Frenzy is running in three-train operation.

Video and download coming soon!