TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coming from Australia to hit some parks!

paulie123

Hey everyone. Well at the moment im saving some money for a trip to America. My mum said if I can save up enough, she'll take me. At first I thought we should just do the some of the West Coast parks like last time I went.. Hit SFMM, KBF, Disneys etc.

But, I kind of want to go somewhere else and get to different parks. I really wanted to get to Cedar Point.. But I think my mum will just want to go to one place for a week and catch a bus each morning to nearby parks. Not go all over the place.

Where would you recommend going? I need somewhere with parks close by to each other etc. Not too many hours apart. Thats why the West Coast parks were good for us..

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida! That'd be the perfect idea for good close by parks. You could hit all the Disney parks, both Universal parks, Sea World and BGA if you're willing to make the 1.5 hour drive. Old Town, a smaller park with some good flats is also right over there, and if you love animals and credits Wild Adventures is only about 3 hours away, in Georgia.

If you only want to hit a couple parks on your trip, Virginia with KD and BGE pretty close by would be a good idea, as well as San Antonio with SFFT and SWSA.

Florida here I come! Thank you very much for suggesting that

Ive told mum about it and she likes the idea of Florida. And I like the idea of all them B&M's! Woohoo. I will get to ride SheiKra. Always wanted to ride a dive..

Just another question though.. When would be the best time to go? Because we usually do our holidays in the September/October school holidays (over here). Im not sure if the American schools are in at that time.. But does anyone know if it would be busy around late september/october? Thanks guys..

If you only want to hit a couple parks on your trip, Virginia with KD and BGE pretty close by would be a good idea, as well as San Antonio with SFFT and SWSA.

If hes going by bus, I doubt he would be able to get VA and Texas in

(VA is like 15 hours driving wise)

I say Florida, but your going to need some more $

A better area money wise would be PN, NY, and NJ.

Oh and if you are going to FL, spend a WHOLE day at Epcot, a really amazing place!

-Matthew K.

If hes going by bus, I doubt he would be able to get VA and Texas in

(VA is like 15 hours driving wise)

He was suggesting Virginia OR Texas. Not both of them.

This is what we are thinking of doing:

Busch x2

Seaworld x1

Universal IOA x1

Animal kingdom x1

Mum didn't really like Universal Hollywood so we probably won't go to Orlandos Universal. Even though I really wanted to ride HRRR

Ah well. I can cope with 2 days @ Busch!

Mum didn't really like Universal Hollywood so we probably won't go to Orlandos Universal. Even though I really wanted to ride HRRR

Well, you should realize that Universal Orlando and IoA are side by side. You can easily walk between them. So assuming you have a ticket good for both parks, you could walk over there, ride Mummy, HRRR, and anything else you're interested in, and then go back to IoA.

And a lot of people forget (or don't realize) Universal Studios Hollywood is a Movie Studio with a couple of rides, Universal Orlando (both parks) are just theme parks where it's all rides and shows.

I also agree with ^ and ^^ You definitely don't need two days at Busch, and you can do both Universal parks in one day during September/ October.

Also it really depends on who you are for how long you should spend at Animal Kingdom. Many people say they usually just go in and out as there's not many rides, but I can easily spend a whole day at AK since I also love animals.

Ah alright. That's good to know it won't be busy at all and I can get Busch done in a day. Ill see about getting the 1 day pass for both Universals. I like animals too but we probably wouldn't spend all day there. That Expedition Everest ride looks great fun though, so im sure I could ride that for a while.

I really just hope all the rides are open. My heart will break if I see that SheiKra is closed. They wouldn't be doing ride maintenance around September/October?