TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Springs - 9 Rides Still Closed including 2 Coasters

It looks like Magic Springs and PARC Managements lack of fixing their rides in the off season is starting to make news!

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=86328&catid=2

Today's THV has received several e-mails from viewers complaining about many of the rides at Magic Springs not working. The park opened for the season in April.

Theme park official Dana Whisenhunt says this weekend nine of their rides were closed including the Twister and the X-Coaster.

Whisenhunt says many of the rides require parts that have to come from Europe and that it is a six to eight week process. She adds that the rainy weather that we had back in April also has delayed work on the rides. Economic costs have also been an issue.

Last year, Magic Springs and Crystal Falls were sold to Parc Management.

THV's Ashley Blackstone will have more from park officials and when they hope to have the rides back up in running. The story is coming up tonight on "Today's THV at 5:00 and 6:00" and on todaysthv.com.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I noticed this too. I went to the "opening day" and it looked like they haven't even touched the place since they closed last year. Not one ride was open until about 5:00 when they opened the Gauntlet.

I hope things get turned around real quick, or it's not going to be good. Summer just started and to blame the downtime on rainy weather that we had in April is just unacceptable! Arkansas Twister was down a couple weeks before they park closed last year, and why they waited this long to do anything about it, I don't know. I'm disappointed.

I'm glad I got all the credits at this park. It's a real nice park and it has potential, but I don't think PARC has been beneficial so far.

Keep in mind this park closed and sat abandoned for 3 years before reopening so I really hope it can pull through this slump.

This is deffinatley a PARC problem. At Darien Lake, where I work, Ride of Steel has only been operating with one train.

The second train is still in pieces since there is a part that we need from Intamin that PARC does not want to pay for.

In addition to that, certain rides are operating at limited hours. (Predator is 11-10, Grizzly run is 11-7 and doesnt open until June 26 and then Adventure Isle is operating in rotation from 11-1)

To make matters worse, Ride of Steel's lift motor took a poo the other day, so we will see how long it will take to fix that!

Depending on the Part that needs to be replaced and the Availability of said part, it can take Weeks to Several Months for a Park to receive a part from the Manufacturer. Samurai, a Mondial Top Scan at Lagoon Park, had it's Main Gear Box Fail on June 02, 2007, and Lagoon didn't get the new Gearbox from Mondial until February. Mondial informed Lagoon immediately that it would take Eight Months to get a new Bearing and rebuild the Main Gear Box, which Lagoon posted on a sign that they placed in front of the Ride. Usually, Lagoon just uses their standard "Due to the Late Arrival of Maintenance Parts, this Ride is Temporarily Closed" Sign.

The Sign:

- Sid