TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New? Life.com Slideshow: World's 10 Tallest Roller Coasters

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on three.

Since Goliath is at one of my local parks, I've been on it many times. However, I've only been on Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster once each. I really would have liked to ride them once or twice more on my visit but I didn't have time.

Hey I just tried the link again and they now count Tower of Terror and Superman: The Escape as coasters, knocking off Goliath and Silver Star.

Here's the descriptions:

#4 Tower of Terror - Dreamworld, Gold Coast, Australia - 377 feet

How tall is the Tower of Terror? Tall enough that 2.2 megawatts of power are needed to drive the motors during the incline, enough energy to power a small town. This six to seven second period momentarily doubles Dreamworld's power usage.

#3 Superman: The Escape - Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia California - 415 feet

Built in 1997, Superman: The Escape is a faithful recreation of the Superman experience, down to a Fortress of Solitude loading area featuring the John Williams movie score. It also features a super top speed of 100 mph.

Still doesn't change my number however:

2/10 - Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster

Both of which are connivently at my home park of Cedar Point

I just don't understand "Superman, Ultimate Scrap Metal" being on this list. Just cause the tower itself is 415 ft means nothing. It only goes half way up the tower.

So if TTD added a 50 foot spike on top of the ride would that make it the tallest coaster in the world? It would be the same as counting Superman as a 415 ft ride.

I've only been on 2, MF and TTD.

At least their list is accurate this time, unlike those annoying "Top ten best rides!" lists that always go something like... 1. Kingda Ka 2. Son of Beast 3. Mean Streak...

I just don't understand "Superman, Ultimate Scrap Metal" being on this list. Just cause the tower itself is 415 ft means nothing. It only goes half way up the tower.

So if TTD added a 50 foot spike on top of the ride would that make it the tallest coaster in the world? It would be the same as counting Superman as a 415 ft ride.

Why is it such a big deal for you?

I (Mr. Bebe) have to agree with coolcalicoasters.

Not only does S:TE only ascend to about 325ft (on a good day), it also starts a good 50 feet above ground level. Hardly the ride they make it sound like. TTD and KK are truly 400+ foot monsters that actually carry the passengers to those extremes.

Now, if S:TE mnaged to get people near the top, that would be another story.