TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Scandinavia 2009 Trip!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Amazing.

I loved Power Park! Lots of fun stuff to do, and the whole resort was really nice. It should be pointed out that the location of this park makes Knoebel's look like it's located near a major megalopolis, as PP is REALLY in the middle of nowhere! But it was certainly worth the drive, and I look forward to visiting again some day.

dt

Power Park was the second most surprising park of the trip for me (next to Grona Lund). The hotel was the best one of the trip, the food was excellent, and the park itself was a lot of fun (particularly Thunderbird and the shooting dark ride). Even the Boomerang was the best one I've ever been on (a decent ride).

As a part of the family that owns the park, It was great to have all of you with us. I just hope the sun didn't spoil your sleep! I'm glad that you found the parks services to your liking. Nothing could make us happier.

I was really impressed on the record we made on the "Fat Train™". There will be others who will try to break the record, BUT that won't be so easy. There has been only one time Thunderbird has gone faster than this, and it was before Chris at GCII put grease in the bearings during testing.

Oh and thanks to my dear friend Petri who kindly let us come in for a few beers at his Sauna cottage, next time you arrive we might even go and have a Sauna.

The combination of the park, food, hotel and Grand Prix made Power Park the most unexpected park experience of the trip. That reindeer mousse that first night was decadent.

Mmmmm, Reindeer Mousse!

Yeah, this was really more of a resort than just a park! The park was so well presented, I loved the fact that even the inflatable slides were on their own custom pieces of tarmac

Little things like there being no gum on the floor (a problem too often encountered at parks) and big things like the amazing facade along the back of the park that had loads of different buildings incorporated into it were great to see.

I absolutely loved the "TPR Grand Prix", the track was great and obviously the group made it a really fun event. I would have liked to have done better, but I'll settle for my top 10 finish!

Thanks Vellu for being so welcoming to the group, I had a great time (and personally loved standing outside the hotel at 2am in the sunlight!).

Dave "Can't wait for Grand Prix video" Wilson

^ It's local cuisine. And most of us enjoyed it, I believe. I know I did.

And Power Park gave me my first BOOSTER ride (or whatever it's actually called in the trade), and I loved it! Five times! Definitely want to try our own here at Playland, which is a bit taller and less....colorful? Thunderbird was great too - wish I could have ridden it more times than I did, heh. The "Passing of Power Sword" was fun, too. And we never dropped it!!! We're that good at it.

Our room had a nice view of the race track, which was neat. And once again, we enjoyed a wonderful buffet meal and a pretty good breakfast too!

Definitely want to include Power Park again, when the Scandi Tour repeats, hint hint.

Power Park was great - I loved it! Thunderbird rocked, and I also enjoyed the shooting dark ride, and the star flyer - and the drop tower packed a surprise punch for a ride of its size. Our hotel was easily the nicest place we stayed on the entire tour - it had so much character, it was like something out of a fairy tale. (I was reminded a bit of some of the fancy theme hotels we stayed at in Europe last summer.) And the food was delicious (reindeer mousse - YUM!) And then there was our awesome TPR grand prix...

Power Park was a real high point of the trip, a truly delightful resort. And personally I thought it was really cool seeing sunlight so late at night. (The sun did actually "set" around 11:30 pm, but it never actually got dark.) I can't wait to go back to Finland and visit this park again!

Thank you Power Park for our awesome visit - and thanks Robb for another great update! Can't wait to see the future update from our grand prix experience...

Awesome looking place, people always seem to be friendlier when you are at a smaller park by my experiences.

I request that Robb does an awesome job with the TPR gran prix update because I profess to be a racing, karting enthusiast at the current time! Not that I have any doubts about the Alvey's update making skill, but perhaps a track overview would be in order?

this park was defiantly a hidden gem. Thunderbird rocked!!!!

another great update

Thanks!!

I agree that the park rocked, but I wouldn't call it "hidden" so much as "way the heck far away from practically anything, except itself."

It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip, and I eagerly await video/pictures from the Grand Prix. That could be . . . interesting.

SPOILER: No one died. (Bummer, I know.)

It was awesome - I still cleared 8 seconds off my fastest time, and was able to catch up to the pack, and pass a few on the way to (not) Vic-to-ry!

SPOILER: No one died. (Bummer, I know.)

Except for the car that someone was driving!

YES! 41.83! We are told this is the FASTEST TIME ever on Thunderbird. Tim told us "I have never seen the ride clock under 42 seconds before!"

I'm pretty sure thats not entirely a good thing... haha

I don't know if this ride was caught on video, but it was hysterical. Possibly the quietest coaster ride ever as riders leaned forward (unplanned) and tucked in behind the person in front of them (like in a bobsled) to make the train more aerodynamic.

Just an amazing place. Definitely a really cool vacation resort done right for its location. There literally is a bit of everything that may not seem to fit together conceptually but just works so well in reality.

Way in the hinterlands yes, but wow, it sure was beautiful up there and the 24 hour sun was something to experience.

That was one of the fastest train rides I've ever taken lol

The karts and track were incredible, especially for overly cautious wannabe race car pilots like me.

Looking the pictures from awesome places like Bonbon Land and Skara Sommarland, I have to say our parks in Finland are awfully unimaginative and conservative. More infantile humor in Finland I says!