TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Scandinavia 2009 Trip!

Grona Lund was AMAZING, great atmosphere, great rides and boobies! What more could you possibly ask for!

Insane was correctly named because it made my head go Insane! I thought you would have see a certian photo of me, but luckily for the moment you haven't. I'm sure it will be up soon enough though.

Great update for a great park!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just finished viewing the poem-video feeling a bit embarrassed for "whining", when I realize it's another update posted!

Anyways, I'm desperately trying to get to Gröna Lund this summer, and seeing this update makes me REALLY want to go there! Thanks for the pics and reviews! (And if I get there, I'll be sure to check out that awesome poster-thingy )

I say Park Update, because I'm secretly hoping that Robb puts up an update from our visit to the World's Largest Ikea first!!!!

OMG, I will cry tears of joy if this gets posted! I LOVE IKEA!!!!!!

And Ice Bat says thank you to this GIANT cotton candy for a great visit!

Had Kristen actually eaten all that cotten candy, she would have been awake until she was five.

Grona Lund rules! One of the best parks in the world. I can't wait to go back there some day.

dt

I loved this park so much that I bought a hoodie and a t-shirt. Today, I'm wearing my Grona Lund t-shirt at work. I was happy to throw some coins their way after the incredible hospitality they showed us on the trip. The reception with all the free drinks was fantastic.

Thank you Grona Lund!

Slightly bummed that we didn't get an Ikea Update, but Grona Lund was just sooooo amazing!!!

I REALLY liked that park, it totally surprised me. And Insane...what can I say. It was just the most amazing, intense, airtime filled, no clue what's going on, flipping like wild coaster out there! It is totally what the Arrow 4D's should have been! Makes the other two little Intamin Ball Coasters look like kiddie rides!

Kristen still talks about that park with 'the doggy and the boys'.

Amazing!

Thank you Gröna Lund for rolling out the red carpet for us! Gröna Lund was AWESOME - a real highlight of the trip.

And Insane was indeed just that! I screamed like a girl every time I rode it - seriously! I can't think of another coaster on earth that's gotten that kind of reaction out of me. Talk about intensity! (Not to mention a little matter of bloody noses and burst blood vessels in eyes...)

The other coasters were great too - I loved Jetline, Vilda Musen and Kvasten. And the walk-thru haunted house! Gröna Lund was such a great park - can't wait to go back there.

Robb - I hope you do an update for our overnite cruise on the Viking Line! That was an awesome experience too. My very first overnite cruise - I tried it, I liked it!

I can only echo what everybody else has said about Grona Lund--what an amazing park! I knew virtually nothing about the place before we got there (other than it was the home of Insane), but the place blew me away.

And if you're looking for kitchen magnets of ride logos, Grona Lund's got you covered.

Grona Lund = Awesome park.

Awesome park = easy park layout, some nifty flats esp. the two on the waterfront (Octopus & Swings!), the coasters, a great walk-thru Haunted House, a physically-boggling "Fun" House (hah), and lots to look at, eat, and buy.

Mmmm. Grona Lund.

More please? In another few years or so, when the new stuff's built?

^ And besides the fridge magnets, there are accompanying coffee mugs for each and (most of) every attraction in the park! I got each for Spokhuset, the haunted house walk-thru.

This is that park where you see the pics on this thread and the memories of how amazing the entire trip was flood back.

From Skara to Grona Lund, Mattias, Johan and their families can teach a lot of people about what true hospitality is. I can’t thank them enough for making us feel like VIPs over two days, especially at such an amazing park like Grona Lund.

What more can be said other than echoing the above? Insane was honestly one of the most frightening experiences, yet you couldn’t help but go back for more. Most frightening was definitely that massive observation-turned-drop tower. I'm still in awe of that funhouse! I wish they existed around here.

The place had charm to spare and the waterside setting was just incredible. Oh, did anyone else ride the Top Scan on the special longer program the ride operator said they were only using for us? Wherever we went, we were literally treated like stars. The history behind the park is also quite substantial (a fantastic presentation) and you really could feel it all around.

Robb, awesome update! Beats Ikea hands down

As a local I really disagree with you, there are only rough steel coasters and a pretty bad selection of thrill rides, but ye Insane was cool I just wish they would have built a mega lite instead

^Yeah, but the rides at Grona Lund were better than 95% of the 'Big' B&M's out there!

We didn't find the coasters rough at all, you've got an amazing drop tower, all kinds of awesome flats (breakdance in the building!!!!), and just such a nice relaxing park to hang out at.

Doesn't it say something that we've been to all of these parks and judge Grona Lund as one of the best? Trust me, you're not missing anything!

That park looks great, but kind of small. Some of those coasters look crazy, especially that wild mouse. Too bad I can't go visit a park with an awesome wild mouse like that one, not "Mullholand Madness."

Cool update.

The park looks absolutely great! I love the twisted mess of the wild mouse and I would love this type of combo in Canada. I love the concept of INSANE. I think that intamin has some very unique and amazing coasters. Great Trip report and I anxiously await the video!!

David

Robb is not kidding in this update. Gröna Lund is one of the best parks in the world: Excellent rides, excellent atmosphere, perhaps the best setting of any park anywhere, and the owners treated us as well as any park ever has.

I miss Gröna Lund and want to go back RIGHT NOW.

I simply HAVE to agree with Robb and Elissa, a little park like Grona Lund would be an absolute joy to have nearby! It's a nice sized park.... Not huge like Cedar Point, but not puny like... well... everything near me. It's got a nice combination of good sized rides that have a nice thrill factor. Insane looks like a fantastic ride, the Vekoma kiddie invert looks a lot more than kiddie as Robb mentioned, the Schwarzkopf looks like it'd be pretty fun, and the Wild Mouse looks a lot wilder than the many mice we have in the states! The Intamin drop tower and the wide varienty of flat rides is very appealing too.

Great update, Robb! Grona Lund was amazing. They really rolled out the red carpet for us. They also get MAJOR points for being one of the only parks with merchandise. I could finally get a sweatshirt so Hot Fuzz would shut up!

Robb, I loved the last caption in the first part. Yes... I could see it... if I turned my head!

-- Dave

Have to agree that GL was spectacular fun, and not because of beer and the like, though it was a very nice touch and most welcome and enjoyed to the max of course.

Elissa, I will never take you on at 'whack-a-'whatever' you are far too good, and I nearly bled to death!

Ryan - you scream like a girl on every ride, just more so on Insane

Just from the pictures, I would trade 5 visits to CP for one to Grona Lund. The park just looks clean and fun. Elissa mentioned a nice collection of flats to go with the coasters. This looks like the best park on the trip so far.

Great Trip Report. Would be better with naked boobs! But then again, isnt everything?