TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Scandinavia 2009 Trip!

Here is the clip from Finnish TV that was shot at Linnanmaki today! Check out the "Egg Challenge!"

http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=16378&itemId=15793

--Robb

ps. If anyone can rip the video file and send it to me it would be greatly appreciated!

(NOTE: If you get the two green buttons (in both Opera and Firefox), the one on the left is a bandwith tester to determine the quality of video it will stream and the one on the right is to play the video.)

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click the right green button thats what i did

Clicked them both to make sure. Unfortunately no matter what I clicked, got no reward. Thanks for your help though. Maybe their site is experiencing problems & I just can't understand the Norwegian message telling me so!

I pushed the one that said "DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON". Know what happened? It said, "DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON AGAIN!" So, I pushed it. Then it said, "I'M WARNING YOU! DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON ANOTHER TIME!". I threw caution to the wind and hit it. That was when reality turned upside-down, inside-out and a turtle landed in my lap. He looked up and replied, "Told ya!".

Here is the clip from Finnish TV that was shot at Linnanmaki today! Check out the "Egg Challenge!"

--Robb

ps. If anyone can rip the video file and send it to me it would be greatly appreciated!

Can't seem to get it to play

Really? You don't have to do anything. It just plays. Click this link:

Wait about 20 seconds and it should start playing. Each time I viewed it there was a 10 second commercial that played in front of it then the main story played.

It wasn't difficult to get it to play at all.

--Robb

Won't play for me. Pops up a window saying, after I translated it, "Measuring internet speed. Please wait." Then two green buttons appear. Clicking the right one just takes me to another blank window with two words on it, which translated, say "Invalid bandwidth". The left one closes the window entirely. In short, the video won't play.

Won't play for me. Pops up a window saying, after I translated it, "Measuring internet speed. Please wait." Then two green buttons appear. Clicking the right one just takes me to another blank window with two words on it, which translated, say "Invalid bandwidth". The left one closes the window entirely. In short, the video won't play.

Hmm...well, it does sound like the video works fine, it just won't work with your configuration for whatever reason. I just watched it again on airport wi-fi even!

I'm hoping that someone is able to rip it and I can post it to CoasterTube.

--Robb

it worked for me, I did get the two green buttons first though (in both Opera and Firefox), the one on the left is a bandwith tester to determine the quality of video it will stream and the one on the right is to play the video. You guys got mad press this year on your trips though, I'm sure that'll get you guys a lot of great new people visiting the site!

Here you go with a translation of the Finnish parts:

-For most people two coasters is enough. Today an American group of roller coaster fans, for whom nothing is enough, came to Linnanmäki.

Some of them have sat on a coaster for a year altogether.

Robb Alvey is the founder of the internet site TPR. For his group the aim is simply to shout on roller coasters.

There are members from Australia to Scandinavia.

Now we will look what the man is made of. Usually people clench hard on to the rails/restraints, but what does a professional do when he gets an easily breakable egg into his hand? The egg and the man started the ride with good self-confidence but did the egg explode?

The roller coaster fanatic is of course proud of what he does, but not all of the youngest riders (refering to the kid) understand the play of big men.

Kid:-It's a bit strange and funny to hear that they are just riding around on coasters.

Reporter:-Do you think it's because they don't have anything better to do? Kid:-Exactly.

Newsreader 1: -I really think Jesse is a bit jealous.

Newsreader 2:- Hmm.. yeah, but I guess he's had his own share.

I have to add a big thank you for everyone on the trip, sure I had seen about more than a dozen of you before, but still overall I really felt very welcome quickly and like being nicely part of the group, also had some good fun, which was truly great , considering I only could be around for 2.5 days.

Yeah, a big thanks for the transcript since I wasn't able to see the video.

Reporter:-Do you think it's because they don't have anything better to do? Kid:-Exactly.

This kid obviously doesn't understand that everyone is on a holiday trip.

Wow, it's tough leaving after everyone else. Just sitting at baggage claim in Copenhagen in front of where Moose, Hotfuzz and I grabbed our luggage over two weeks ago. It's crazy how last week flew by. Nostalgia and jetlag blow lol

What an awesome experience! Robb and Elissa still continue to put together phenomenal trips, which is definitely a great thing for TPR members and trip participants.

Thanks to R&E and everyone on the trip. It was a pleasure spending the last two weeks with all of you.

Cheers,

J

For my three cents right now, after having been home one day, from this utterly awesome and thoroughly (another) amazing TPR Tour...

Bleah.

Feel sad and slightly depressed already.

It was all wonderful; THANKYOU ELissa and Robb and everybody on the tour for being a part of this one for me. You are ALL an amazing bunch of crazy coaster-perverted peeps and it was a huge play-sure doing it again and once again, (sort of) testing the limits of several countries' culture and food choices, LOLOL!

...and Ice Bat knows no fear!!!

My Trip Report and general sighing/posting to follow - eventually.

But for now, miss y'all (and The Tour) already, everybody.

(And an EDIT to add that once one has done SCAD TOWER... well, I just can't seem to get enough of "height" now, heh heh.)