TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Star Wars - The Ride

Well, since I am a Star Wars fan, and toy collector, I thought it was fitting for me to try my hand on making a Star Wars Roller Coaster, however not any coaster, an indoor/enclosed coaster. I had to download this one Star Wars Custom Scenery pack to use, which was good, because my coaster wouldn't be great without it, and I would like many more too, if anybody knows where I can get some, for my next Star Wars coaster.

I did use my own pictures of characters using the billboard option, and I made the Star Wars - The Ride sign myself using the logo, and billboard option.

I know this isn't the best, I watched numerous Star Wars coasters on YouTube, and since I couldn't find and download a working version of Jcat's Spaceworx, the Space Mountain Scenery pack, I had to go with something a little different in design. I hope you like both versions presented in this 4 minute video. Day and Night versions.

Now, I was hoping since I built the coaster in a dark building, that it would get dark, while still having it daylight outside, but though it darkened up a bit, it doesn't work that well, so I tried a night version, and filmed it. This is the best, and the darkness I was looking for, but since I don't have the Space Mountain Spaceworx Scenery Pack by Jcat, I had to build a structure around it. It has a unique design, so I hope you like it!

As for the music, well I would have liked to use Star Wars Music, like a Theme from one of the films by John Williams and his wonderful Orchestra, such as the song I have playing on my original computer version, which is "Duel of the Fates" from Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999), which fits the mood of the coaster very well, and gives it a eerie scare factor to it. The Music playing on my YouTube version is a song by 12 Stones, and I know it doesn't fit at all, but I had to have something playing, but you can always mute that, and play any music to it from a CD of yours, or from your Itunes Library.

Enjoy!

And if anybody has Jcat's Spaceworx, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me by PM, so I can get a copy of it, to be uploaded. Thanks.

swride_6.jpg.df3e4b144b12c552a72fa4b008a02c49.jpg

You can see me standing in the queue line, inside the building with my group.

swride_5.jpg.b3073d346822d17df0c1e95976b4c324.jpg

Just one of many character profile images billboarded throughout the ride, so here we have a Clonetrooper.

swride_4.jpg.96ae612816f902ac0b1df8bdd78e7399.jpg

Outside the entrance with a model of R2-D2 with a Photo Spot area.

swride_3.jpg.8536ea743a1bc2355fee904d2ec1b53d.jpg

A portion of inside the structure before the walls went up. Many changes were made after this photo was taken.

swride_2.jpg.e909a15bf723f588cbb89376c9bc3f59.jpg

The main front facade of the building housing Star Wars - The Ride. A couple changes were made after this photo was shot.

swride_1.jpg.821e2d62eb1ad427c7af7a1bfd272ff5.jpg

IN the front of the building unfinished with an AT-AT displaying the coaster sign.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay first off great coaster, however things that need to be changed. 1 separate the line and station from the rest of the ride. 2 add LOTS! of lights, in the dark version i could hardly tell what was going on in the ride. 3 there are sections of track that need to be banked. 4 add effects to make it seem like the AT-AT and TIE fighters are attacking you.

but still this is a pretty good coaster, just work on the scenery

okay first off great coaster, however things that need to be changed. 1 separate the line and station from the rest of the ride. 2 add LOTS! of lights, in the dark version i could hardly tell what was going on in the ride. 3 there are sections of track that need to be banked. 4 add effects to make it seem like the AT-AT and TIE fighters are attacking you.

but still this is a pretty good coaster, just work on the scenery

Thanks for commenting it's an okay coaster. I do agree work needs to be done, however, I don't have the scenery packs to do it.

1. I do agree the station and queue would be nice to be seperate from the ride, but I ended up making it the way it is now. Perhaps the second ride I make, will be in a dark hallway with lights, so you are unaware of what the coaster actually looks like, and what you will be expecting while on the coaster.

2. The reason why there are no lights, is the whole point of the ride is to be in the dark, not knowing where you're going, and even in the night version, it is still light, so you can see a little. I want it dark, smoky and eerie, so you have no idea which way the track is going to go, such as Space Mountain at Disneyland, which I rode when I was a kid, and that is what I wanted to do with this, however I couldn't find a working link to Jcat's Spaceworx Space Mountain Scenery Pack, or Screamworx. If you have it, I would appreciate anybody to .zip it up for me, and email me the file.

3. I think there's only about two sections of track that should be banked, but the rest I think works best straight.

4. If I had the Spaceworx or Screamworx scenery packs, I would try to add explosions, and add effects, but I only found 1 Star Wars scenery pack with very limited elements, At-AT, AT-ST, Speeder Bike, R2-D2, Jawa, X-Wing Fighter, Tie Fighter, Millennium Falcon. If anybody has anymore working RCT3 Star Wars Custom Scenery Packs, I would appreciate it, because I would love to make a really badass Star Wars coaster, indoor or outdoor, such as a Battle of Hoth scene.

I watched several RCT3 Star Wars coasters on YouTube, and some were much better than mine, and that is what I would like to do, but I just need those custom scenery packs, and just could never find a working link to download.

I know my coaster isn't the best out there as far as Star Wars goes, but for a first attempt, I think I have done better than others I have seen on YouTube.

Bye

Tim

I just got done with an updated version for this coaster. I will have it up on YouTube in a couple days, with both versions again, day and night!

Though I still haven't added anything like explosions or stars, planets, because I don't have the scenery packs, I did add, and make changes too...

• Added additional track under the first drop.
  • Queue is now Black, Brown and a tint of White.
  • Added more X_Wings and Tie-Fighters
  • Added more Character Figure Billboards
  • More Banked Turns on some of the Straight Turn Track
  • Added two sections of tunnel elements from Jcat's Steelworx
  • Added a little more smoke

That's about it, I will film them tomorrow, and piece it together for a video, and have it uploaded. I'll try to have the new updated version by Monday evening, and I will update here as soon as I have it all ready to go.

Later

This is another really cool ride from you. Like "Fat-G" wrote, just add some lights. Then it will be awesome.

Well Thanks. I just finished creating version 2.0, however I tried to add lights that was in a set, but some reason I couldn't get them placed. I am about to upload the new version.

It starts off with the night version, and it is dark, just like how I wanted it, than we ride the daytime version. The ride is 1:41 seconds in this new version with the added track, compared to the first version, which clocked in at 1:33 seconds. The estimate includes the beginning of the lift hill, til the end when the lap bars go up on the riders. It seems like a long ride, but it's a short ride, but one hell of a fun, fast and crazy one.

I added additional long-range views of the train in action in 3 different angles, daytime version.

This new video clocks in at over 6 minutes in length, and it's a big file. 82.9MB

I added "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars - Episode 1 The Phantom menace as the background music, however YouTube may disable it, or I may have to fight to keep it attached, because I don't want some sappy rock song, just doesn't fit the mood of the coaster, and I hate it being silent with no music. The song is looped twice, because of the length of the video.

It should be up hopefully in a couple hours, since I'll be uploading it via dial-up. It takes a long time, and I know if I had DSL, I could have it up in a flash, but soon I'll get DSL.

Thanks again for all your nice comments about this coaster. If I had the Spaceworx, Screamworx, and other custom scenery packs, it would turn out much better, but I just can't seem to find a link that actually works to download these files. I am hoping somebody can zip them up for me, and email me the files.

Thanks Again,

Stay Tuned to my YouTube Channel for the new revised edition of this awesome Star Wars coaster.

Bye

Version 2.0 Now Online at YouTube.

...Video was still being processed, and video quality may improve once processing is complete..it states as of this posting.

The song "Duel of the Fates" is attached, so hopefully it isn't disabled by YouTube.

Enjoy, and please leave me comments what you all think of this new, revised edition.

I may do a third version sometime down the line, perhaps once I get Spaceworx and Screamworx, and I will add some lights, during the night versions.

May the Force Be With You!

Tim

Wow, i really like this coaster and i think that you should this on Atari forums because i think that everyone will like it a lot.

Yes, Thanks, I am glad you like it! Which version did you watch? I have the 2.0 up as well.

I registered with the Atari forums, but haven't posted yet, however you have permission to start a thread on this coaster if you want, and just link it here, so I can start posting in it, or wait until I post it.

Tim