TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Sports Uniforms" Thread

Guest Papas

After reading an article about Boise States new uniforms I think a sports uniform thread was appropriate.

Post favorites & worsts

I cant believe somoene was actually paid to design these and that they are real . They look just as bad as the turf in their stadium!

BLAH! Horrible, whats with the metal grate!?

Ouch

The imfamous old Buccaneer uniforms, can you imagine having to be on TV wearing that

Padres camaflouge uniforms, wtf?

Horrible

Wow sexy, wheres the purse?

A few of my favorites:

Penn State

Eagles green looks cool and intimidating, and the helmet kicks a**

White Sox

Redskins

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the old Devil Rays uniforms always looked like a wrapper for some kind of gummi candy to me.

I'm a Magic fan, and even I have to agree that I prefer the old white and black uniforms with only a little blue mixed in, instead of the new, nothing but blue approach.

english_i.jpg.55ca5ef939f7c76e19d107c21b2fb7b9.jpg

Eww...

pmlb2-1484487p275w.jpg.fbbbd9fa50a8fca657401ff4b1c1257a.jpg

Seriously...whoever thought horizontal stripes were a good idea?

unseld_i.jpg.3ee825d479580a1e3cc723fed426a7ab.jpg

Seeing a theme develop here?

I believe the Padres wear the camo for Sunday games, in a nod to the military (especially due to their strong presence in San Diego). Therefore, they receive a free pass.

It's their regular cream colored uniforms that should be banned.

Every time I see a Ducks hockey jersey I can only think of Emilio Esteves and the infamous FLYING V. Ducks fly together.

Anywho. The original New Jersey Devils jersey. It reminds me of Christmas. And boy do I love Christmas.

jersey1.jpg.c99e2f23de68d76ec3a667fe5c91f018.jpg

I just recently came across this "futuristic" game uniforms that MLB did in the late 90's. Seattle and KC were the teams. I am pretty sure the year was 1999 and these uniforms were supposed to be like some twenty years into the future or something. The pics are not of great clarity but they speak a thousand words.

1999_PADRES_G(18).jpg.3d8afa1986c5cc8b8ad1d95900753c7c.jpg

Another equally horrific style from the 90's. A lot of teams including my Braves did this style of unis.

untuck.jpg.db3a47fc2258d48dc4f8683878195d04.jpg

The even wore their jerseys untucked.

seat.jpg.f32efd526aa58c290d3db1605d4471f9.jpg

What's with the oversized logo and the 90's?

^I completely agree with this as the worst uniform choice ever. Not only exceptionally ugly, but that has got to be one of the most impractical jerseys imaginable.

1999_Duval_Ryder_Cup.jpg.6e4d464901f52dae7a7f87bc92d9d082.jpg

I used to think golf was an opportunity to dress crazily and have it be OK. Except this is not OK.

46422290.jpg.65d9bafe20e4ed7f672b8037dc7f9d9f.jpg

Oh dear.

Scary thing, I recall watching a game with the Mighty Ducks playing the LA Kings wearing their third jersey while the Kings were wearing the one below. I didn't post a picture, but the 1980's LA Kings jerseys were pretty horrible as well.

la_kings_alt96.jpg.041533af4a29ac687761a4dbb5cdfd5f.jpg

Burger Kings or Los Angeles Kings? You Decide.

Edited by AllenA07

You have to cut the Giants a little slack on their futuristic jersey. They had to do something to take away from Bonds suddenly gigantic head.

Here are my favorites, mostly because they are the ones I grew up watching.

phillies-blue-steve-carlton.jpg.8f97feb65ca03ec851bc15ac1caae6b4.jpg

I know a lot of people hate the powder blues, but I was disappointed when they changed them. I also pretty much love all the powder blues in baseball and is glad to see it making a comeback in KC and Toronto.

john-elway.jpg.0550f8222c97232f3770940b981ef4e2.jpg

I wish they would wear these instead of that crappy alternate orange they wear now.

HurleyJersey.jpg.7fb14484dc3078259478323f72c845b1.jpg

Love the older style Duke unis. I am not of fan of the black ones.

BeemerBoy, I love the old Raptors jersey. It at least had, you know, a Raptor on it.

The closest thing the new jersey has is the basketball/raptor footprint.

To each his own, of course. In my mind, Toronto failed in two ways.

1) Naming your franchise after a current movie fad. FAIL.

2) Slapping a goofy looking cartoon caricature of said movie fad dribbling a basketball on the team's jersey. DOUBLE FAIL.

Because of these examples, I can never root for Toronto to have any level of success in the NBA. This, of course, is just my opinion....which can sometimes be wrong in other people's minds.

On a side note, this thread has produced some great laughs. I had forgotten about those "futuristic" MLB uniforms. Ouch.

1) Naming your franchise after a current movie fad. FAIL.

2) Slapping a goofy looking cartoon caricature of said movie fad dribbling a basketball on the team's jersey. DOUBLE FAIL.

I'll give you the naming thing, because naming a team due to movie popularity is pretty dumb. But, Raptors (to me anyways) is still a kick ass name, especially compared to the other names that were being looked at (Beavers, Bobcats, Dragons, Grizzlies, Hogs, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas, and Terriers).

As for the picture, I just like how there is actually a Raptor on the jersey instead of just "Toronto" or "Raptors." I always find it kind of dumb when the teams don't really have any visual representation of their team on their jerseys. But, like you said, to each his own.

I put in a vote for best season to season improvement...

The old Anaheim Angels Jerseys

to the new ones (with extra points for the "call a doctor if your erection lasts more than 4 hours" shot of Garrett Andersen)