TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis TR

I went to my "home park" for the first time yesterday (Saturday May 30th) and I'll make this short and to the point. This is what I noticed was new:

The Boss-

-The station has been taken over by Miracle Whip advertisements and it looks ridiculous.

-The ride has been completely retracked and is running AMAZING. The top couple layers looked to be new throughout the entire ride and it was running the best it has since opening with every transition packed with airtime. It was smooth in the front and back in the morning, afternoon, and evening. I almost thought I was riding a GCI! The final helix is the only part that's still a bit rough. Props to Six Flags for renewing this ride!

Screamin' Eagle-

-The queue and surrounding areas have been sold to M&M's. Though my girlfriend did find the ads to be "cute."

-Eagle seems to be running with more air this year, but it still doesn't have much. Not much has changed here.

Mr. Freeze-

-Besides the BEAUTIFUL new paint job, not much has changed on the ride experience.

Batman: The Ride-

-A few queue elements have changed but not much else.

OVERALL-

-The park has been completely sold out. Now I know six flags has always been advertisement heavy, but this year was just horrible. You can tell they're hurting for money cause every spot that can be sold for an ad has been.

-The overall "population" in the park seemed to be reverted back to the student and "riff-raff" types that Six Flags had previously worked so hard to get rid of. I guess that's the price you pay when you offer tickets for so cheap.

-Some idiot slammed into my car in the parking lot while I was in the park and didn't leave his information. While not the park's fault, when I asked security if there was anything they could do they simply said they don't have cameras and all they could do was write down my information.

-The staff throughout the entire park was VERY friendly. We were greeted by game's operators as opposed to yelled at to play. We were asked if we were having a good day and encouraged to have "a six flags day" multiple times. It really was nice to see.

-Operations were great on every ride. It wasn't crowded at all for a Saturday but there was at least 2 trains on EVERY ride and crews were dispatching very quickly.

-Exits to all of the coasters have been fitted with new gates. I'm not sure what purpose they serve, but they're not a nuisance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with ads at Six Flags, but the Miracle Whip sponsorship is odd. I'm not sure if there is anyone going "I loved (insert coaster name), LETS GO BUY SO MIRACLE WHIP!!!"

Also nice to see I was not the only one noticing the Boss was much better this year. Went from an awful ride to a good one.

Well I mean I would think that putting them in the station is kind of bad.

I wonder if they will turn these products into rides. I can so see a whip themed to whip cream

Yea I don't mind ads in the park, but here's a quick sketch of what The Boss looks like now:

boss2.jpg.d02d3f757293c464bf742a778434d16f.jpg

Hopefully this puts into perspective how the advertisements might take away from the ride's aesthetic appeal.

I enjoyed your report.

The ride has been completely retracked and is running AMAZING. The top couple layers looked to be new throughout the entire ride and it was running the best it has since opening with every transition packed with airtime.

Let's be honest here. This year's retracking picked up where last year's left off. The ride has had a lot of work done, but it has not been entirely retracked. I still find almost no air other than the bunny hop just after the right turn at the bottom of the double-down first drop. I've ridden on numerous occasion this season and find the ride is running better than in the past. Shuffling and washboarding are lesser than in past years, but still exist. Also, the ride crawls through the pre mid-course break run, not sure why it has slowed so much at this point.

Kudos for Six Flags for investing in the Boss. The ride is a step up from the gut-busting, bone-jarring experience it was a few years ago.

^Are you serious? I counted at least 6...maybe 7 moments of good airtime while riding it on the second Saturday of the season.

In the back seat, anyway.

I enjoyed your report.

The ride has been completely retracked and is running AMAZING. The top couple layers looked to be new throughout the entire ride and it was running the best it has since opening with every transition packed with airtime.

Let's be honest here. This year's retracking picked up where last year's left off. The ride has had a lot of work done, but it has not been entirely retracked. I still find almost no air other than the bunny hop just after the right turn at the bottom of the double-down first drop. I've ridden on numerous occasion this season and find the ride is running better than in the past. Shuffling and washboarding are lesser than in past years, but still exist. Also, the ride crawls through the pre mid-course break run, not sure why it has slowed so much at this point.

Kudos for Six Flags for investing in the Boss. The ride is a step up from the gut-busting, bone-jarring experience it was a few years ago.

I noticed a great deal of new track throughout the entire ride. Maybe not every inch is redone, but it has definitely been heavily retracked. I'm not sure if you're catching it on bad days or if you only consider airtime -1Gs or more, but I count a good 10 spots of air on the ride, and that's NOT being generous. Yea the MCBR seemed to be grabbing a bit more this season, but it didn't "crawl" anywhere on any of my rides.