TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mark Shapiro Visits SFGAm

^^That's what I do. I don't remember the last time I spent money on a drink at a park. I think the only time I bought a drink all last year was in line for Mantis. It was a 2 hour wait (insanely busy day) and it was something like 95 degrees out. I brought one of those free water cups in line with me, but after about an hour I wasn't feeling so hot...well...actually I was feeling too hot. That was quite the miserable day.

But seriously, unless you have some reason you NEED to bring extra things into the park, I don't understand what you could possibly need beyond what fits in your wallet and your phone and car keys if you drove. Traveling light at parks is so much more relaxing than carrying junk around.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from taking the family to Knoebels and after reading the last few pages of comments I've suddenly realized something. Why bicker about Six Flags when paradise is only a short drive away? Why even care if SF might not ever achieve true "family experience" status? You will never beat the experience of an old park like Knoebels and after coming home from a day there, it seems like chain parks don't even matter anymore. Therefore, i hereby forfeit from this argument and give my side to the supporters of Six Flags because they ultimately have the better argument which is more parks and more rides for everyone (and more places for them to go so they stay out of parks like knoebels.. lol jk )

I think we're going to be spending a great deal of our summer weekends up there this year. I'm even thinking about doing a complete photo park tour including every attraction, restaurant, shop, scenery etc. and I think I'm going to start working on it the next time i get up there. Today was just so amazing and I really wish I would have taken more pictures.

I'm even thinking about doing a complete photo park tour including every attraction, restaurant, shop, scenery etc. and I think I'm going to start working on it the next time i get up there. Today was just so amazing and I really wish I would have taken more pictures.

Send a PM to larrygator and tell him this. He will love you!

--Robb

Just got back from taking the family to Knoebels and after reading the last few pages of comments I've suddenly realized something. Why bicker about Six Flags when paradise is only a short drive away? Why even care if SF might not ever achieve true "family experience" status? You will never beat the experience of an old park like Knoebels and after coming home from a day there, it seems like chain parks don't even matter anymore. Therefore, i hereby forfeit from this argument and give my side to the supporters of Six Flags because they ultimately have the better argument which is more parks and more rides for everyone.

Nice to know that you realize everyone (including yourself) has a choice. Money speaks louder than words anyway.

No one has ever said you have to like Six Flags or even frequent their parks. Many of us are just looking for a rationale argument. Choosing to spend your money in an environment that best suits your needs makes much more sense than just bashing a place you don't like.

For the record, many of the Six Flags supporters in this thread (including myself) really love Knoebels. I'm glad you found the place, it truly is a gem.

For the record, many of the Six Flags supporters in this thread (including myself) really love Knoebels. I'm glad you found the place, it truly is a gem.

I went there almost every other year since I was a kid and hadn't gotten back there the last two years but now that I have a family of my own, it's a totally different experience. I saw qualities in the park that I had never seen before.. The friendliness and like-ablility of the staff especially showed today from the supreme friendliness of the kiddie-ride ops to the echoing bark of Bumper Car Jack. Also, I don't know if it was because the weather was stunningly amazing or because I hadn't been there in a while but the park just seemed so vibrant and alive today, and all the quirky signs and scenery throughout the park and in restaurants etc. seemed to have been re-painted and restored since the last time I remembered them. Also, my two year old daughter loved it so much, she cried for half the ride home because she didn't want to leave. I think I am now officially obsessed with my next closest hometown park (Knoebels is Pennsylvania's hometown park afterall.. really.. it's on the front of the park map!

(definitely beats More Flags, More Fun and makes more sense too!)

^I'm thinking the same thing...

Six flags is a Disney experience with a lower price

I wouldn't exactly agree with that statement...

It said that GAm was the most money making park. I knew that it was up there, but had no idea it was the MOST money making. It really does seem like they have their act together more than any other SF park.

I dont understand why its called Fluffy fluffy bunnie with medicine and goo?? Am I missing something?

Yes.

I'm saddened that after four years and 7800 posts on TPR, this thread is my greatest contribution.

And don't think we haven't noticed either.

I'm saddened that after four years and 7800 posts on TPR, this thread is my greatest contribution.

Long live fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo!

If this is his greatest contribution after 7800 posts, shouldn't he be banned for pointless posting?

locker

After thinking about the insanity of what all the Six Flag's haters have about this newfangled locker policy, that no one else does......

For everyone who thinks that the parks are making this great amount of money off it, do some math:

- How many employees were added to each attraction to install the lockers? Now you have to add salaries for those employees.

- How many people really use the lockers for each ride in an hour on average? In most cases don't two or more people use one locker?

You're looking at one employee per bank of lockers making eight dollars an hour. Depending on the ride at which that person is stationed, I can almost guarantee that they're pulling in more than that with locker fees an hour. Even if their goal is just to improve load times, I find it hard to believe that they're making NO profit.

Six Flags might be making a profit from the lockers, but Six Flags has to pay for the lockers, and the locker manufacture is most likely taking a slice of whatever locker profit from every set of lockers it has out. Who knows what the locker deal they have with SmartCarte. I don't think the lockers are a big deal. I agree with everyone saying that the lockers at Six Flags are only being complained about because it's Six Flags. I had no problem with the lockers at Cedar Fair parks or the lockers at any Busch parks before Six Flags went the locker route. of course I usually don't need a locker at any park since I always have my handy dandy cargo shorts with me.

In conclusion, lockers.

You all are also forgetting one HUGE factor in this stupid, pointless argument that I really wish would just go away and it most likely will when I eventually lock this pointless, stupid argument...

Those lockers aren't owned by the park, they are owned by Smartcarte. And while I'm sure Six Flags gets a cut, I would put at least a dollar on it that Smartcarte gets the bulk of the cash.

--Robb

In fact, I'm just going to lock this thread.

Seriously. This has been argued to *DEATH*

TPR has plenty of other threads that are far more productive than this one that people could be posting in.

FIND THEM!!!

--Robb "Lockers" Alvey

ps. If you take issue with me locking the thread, you can discus it with me privately. Email me - robbalvey@aol.com

I actually like sticking my junk in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Sure beats keeping it in my pants and having to worry that it doesn't fall out on the ride

OK, that line is awesome. I would very much like to end this thread with this!

I actually like sticking my junk in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Sure beats keeping it in my pants and having to worry that it doesn't fall out on the ride