TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Utopia's Orion Kingdom [RCT2]

The idea of this park came to me while on deployment. I decided to theme the 4 areas to the places that my NAVY career has taken me so far.

As far as the name goes....I decided to stick with Utopia from one of my other parks. To explain the Orion part... I am in a P-3 Orion squadron. Its a maritime patrol aircraft the navy uses to look for ships and subs. I decided on Orion kingdoms because the places in the park are the locations we have deployed to in the past 2 years.

The entrance area is going to be the USA. I went with a almost colonial America type approach. Nothing to contemporary. The are 4 rides. A carousel, Tilt-a-Whirl, Route 66 (car ride) and the Riverside Cyclone (Wooden Twister)

The next area I plan on working on is Okinawa, JP. Followed by El Salvador, and finnish with Sicily.

Here are some screens of USA. I hope you all like. Let me know what you think. Thanks

SCR22.BMP

Layout of Riverside Cyclone minus scenery. I am not happy with the name and am open to suggestions.

SCR19.BMP

The entrance. The car ride is Route 66.

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very good so far and I'd suggest something very american like Screaming eagle for the woodie since it has the colours of an american eagle

Personally I think your concept for the park tops everything I've seen here so far including my own, its easy to build a park out of pure imagination, its a bit harder to build a park that has to resemble something realistic like building a six flags park or my own Busch Gardens park, But I think what your doing is the hardest, all these places probably mean a lot to you and I think its very cool that you include your personal experiences in this project so congrats on that one for making it looks a good as it does without losing its personal toutch

Everything looks amazing so far. I honestly cannot say anything negative it... well, except for the USA section's name. Maybe something like American Roadway or something like that.

I can't wait to see the finished product...

^ Harry Traver was a controversial, but very famous coaster designer from the 1920s who was known for creating the legendary Crystal Beach Cyclone and its sisters, the Revere Beach Lightning and the Palisades Cyclone. Known as the "Terrifying Trio" all three coasters were clones and delivered a terrifyingly intense ride... He also created other types of rides and coasters as well, but those three are his most famous creations.

LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Traver

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/history/design/history_traver.shtml

http://www.designboom.com/history/traver.html

Warning! The article in the last link uses no capitalization.

Article on the CBC

http://www.geocities.com/historic_coasters1/cb_cyclone.html

^ If you look at the other screens of the woodie, there are que structures.

The name that I am using for the USA section in 'The states' as that is what all of us military guys call home.

I decided to start working on El Salvador before Okinawa since that is where I currently am.

It seems that I have hit a creativity block. I have hashed out maybe 4-5 different types of coasters for this area so far. Here are some screen for my most recent and the best attempt.

Please let me know what you think. Any ideas?

SCR31.BMP

Otherside of Pretzel Loop.

SCR32.BMP

I also really want to incorperate the Drachen Fire-ish lift and Dive loop.

SCR30.BMP

I am playing around with a Pretzel loop on a B&M sit-down.

I know they have not done it before, but I am trying to think outside of the standard B&M box. I dont want the "normal" B&M elements like Vertical loop, Cobra Roll, or Dive Loop.

^^Ok, merging would be good, but its annoying and not really worth it for how many times he would need to merge. Plus, too much merging looks like crap IMO.

The sit down version of a pretzel loop is a Norwegian loop. I can't really say much until its done, but it looks like it needs a lot of work done on it.

Also, I was talking about the color of the wooden coaster, not the que

• 2 months later...

I like the loop and the roll coming off the lift. I think you should try smoothing the entry to both. You used the large incline heading up to the loop try getting that same incline leveling off for the loop and put one on before the roll after the lift. It's going to affect the entire rides heights but it shouldn't take long to make the adjustments. A 2 track piece tunnel at the bottom of the loop (where the down meets the up) would be a nice touch also.

Just my opinion.

• 3 months later...

SO here are a few quick screens of some developments. Let me know what you think!

---Does anybody want to help me do some B&M supports?

SCR38.BMP

Some Pagoda themeing in Okinawa. Never done Asian themeing before so let me know if you have any tips.

SCR34.BMP

Okinawa entrance and gift shop.

SCR35.BMP

El Salvador B&M Floorless. Soon to be themed.