TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millennium Force Cable

Do you count separate park credits if everything's closed due to weather conditions versus open?

Only if it's at a crappy park who has to replace a cable on a popular, glorified mine train only a few weeks into the season, due to lack of proper maintainence during the "off season".

JJ

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if it's at a crappy park who has to replace a cable on a popular, glorified mine train only a few weeks into the season, due to lack of proper maintainence during the "off season".

I agree with everything you just said except "glorified mine train." Confusing MF with Magnum, perhaps...?

I hereby declare that nothing can be compared to a mine train unless it has really screwed up banking.

Anyway, I'm glad MF is back up. But it's interesting that even the CP fanboys had no faith that the park would make any sort of effort on this!

I rode it today! I did see MF get stuck TWICE on the lift hill, but it eventually got moving both times. The line moved swiftly running two trains (yellow and red) and the wait was approximately 30 minutes - it could have been shorter except it had been raining all morning and it finally cleared up (around 3:00).

MF definitely seemed to move faster. I've ridden it every year for the past four years and it moved noticeably faster. I noticed they ran only two trains but I don't recall if they ran three trains in previous years. It's possible they reduced the number of trains and found it to cycle faster. (For example, Top Thrill Dragster found that 5 trains cycled passengers through faster than 6 trains.)

MF definitely seemed to move faster. I've ridden it every year for the past four years and it moved noticeably faster. I noticed they ran only two trains but I don't recall if they ran three trains in previous years. It's possible they reduced the number of trains and found it to cycle faster. (For example, Top Thrill Dragster found that 5 trains cycled passengers through faster than 6 trains.)

Three trains on Millennium Force doesn't Help much because of the CAble lift and the lack of a Midcourse brake. The only reason its slower without running three is because of the exit station. If it ran two directly through the station then three trains wouldn't make it faster. Other rides like Nitro or Apollos chariot cycle three trains extremely well and without stacking.

MF normally runs three trains. Running two trains is uncommon, and probably only happens due to technical problems.

I've been to the park over a dozen times since the ride opened, and I think I've only seen two trains ops once or twice.

Millennium Force normally runs all 3 trains and as stated above, it is rare when they don't. However back when the ride first opened and there wasn't the seat belt issues, the trains were never stacked. In fact the other day when I rode it they weren't stacking them either (which caught my attention considering that has been the norm since the shortened belts) so I'm curious maybe the crew is better this year, or I just came at a good time.

Tom

Just got back from a 5 day CP trip. I stared at the non-running MF for 4 days, they got it working just in time PHEW!!! Got 4 rides in 30 minutes on Tuesday morning ERT. That nighttime TTD ERT instead of MF on the thursday before was awesome though, 4 rides in 30 minutes on that too!

and I have some bashing:

-Stayed in the cottages, shared room with a horde of lake insects. I wouldn't call the cottages "within walking distance" as advertised either. The shuttle guys got lotsa tip money from me.

-Almost had a tick bury in me from the lighthouse point pool. Luckily the gf spotted it before it got past the 1st layer of skin. The lifeguard didn't even care. I probably shoulda said something to management. Maybe these things are typical here?

-3/4 the games in the arcade didn't give the tickets you won. The maintenance guy was like Jesus, except the crowd following him wanted tickets not miracles. Well, getting your tickets was like a miracle.

-Rides were constantly down. Never seen close to this much ride downtime at a six flags park. Please, visit your six flags park this year and spend lotsa money!!! My stock needs you.

Despite the problems this park is so awesome, I can't wait to visit again.

Millennium Force normally runs all 3 trains and as stated above, it is rare when they don't. However back when the ride first opened and there wasn't the seat belt issues, the trains were never stacked. In fact the other day when I rode it they weren't stacking them either (which caught my attention considering that has been the norm since the shortened belts) so I'm curious maybe the crew is better this year, or I just came at a good time.

Tom

Millennium Force rarely stacks because when it's timed right, one train is on the lift hill, one train is in the loading station, and one train is in the unloading station. If you're pulling into the brakes, a train will start heading up the lift, the next train starts heading into the station, and your train heads into the unloading station.

-Stayed in the cottages, shared room with a horde of lake insects. I wouldn't call the cottages "within walking distance" as advertised either. The shuttle guys got lotsa tip money from me.

-Almost had a tick bury in me from the lighthouse point pool. Luckily the gf spotted it before it got past the 1st layer of skin. The lifeguard didn't even care. I probably shoulda said something to management. Maybe these things are typical here?

The cottages aren't THAT far. They're a bit of a walk from the entrance, but it's five minutes tops.

As for the bug in the pool, what does telling the lifeguard do? What should the lifeguard have done? Closed the pool and put up signs warning people that there are insects there? You're outdoors, bugs live there. What would management do? The park can't really do anything about the bugs.

^ Millennium Force rarely stacks???? Are you serious?! Yes by design it is not supposed to stack at all. It is supposed to run in the manner that you describe. However that is not the reality 9 times out of 10, and I got to the park.... um.... a lot. Sorry most of the time Millennium Force has all 3 trains just sitting there, so like I said above when I see it running back like it did when it first opens, I'm pleasently surprised.

Tom

Haux worked there for a couple years, I think his knowledge would be little more vast than a park goer.

It did have stacking issues when the seat belt crap came into focus. But for the majority before and after, the average was that it didnt stack.

I worked there and visited a couple hundred times over the past couple of seasons. Sure, it stacked, but after awhile, the crew seemed pretty efficient. I seldom stopped in the brakes before the unloading station. No biggie, though. It's not like you stop on the lift hill.