TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millennium Force Cable

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now all you people who are visiting for the first time can't say that MF is the best ride in the park, wow! We might be hearing about the decency of other rides for a couple of weeks.

The cable snapped, they'll get a new one. No big deal, seriously.

I think people are just overly concerned who travel great distances for CP and may not be able to ride what is cracked to be one of the world's best coasters. Myself I'm coming all the way from Texas probably for my only lifetime trip June 16-17 and would be crushed if it was still down then. Some of us aren't so lucky or wealthy to be able to visit the park as frequently as some so it makes a bigger deal to us. While I don't blame the park for anything at all, things happen, parts break, they get fixed. Not their fault but I can understand why some people may be pumping adrenaline over this lol. I can't imagine CP would not get this open for Coastermania though as long as tests go smoothly. I've read reports the the catch-car has been put back on the track, so it may not be far away now. Lets hope for the best!

^ This wouldn't be the first time that Cedar point has had things break because of lack of maintenance (Magnum's Brakes) or the first time a cable snapped on an Intamin because of lack of maintenance (Kentucky Kingdom).

Magnum's brake failure was more of a weather related issue than a mechanical failure due to poor maintenance.

^ This wouldn't be the first time that Cedar point has had things break because of lack of maintenance (Magnum's Brakes) or the first time a cable snapped on an Intamin because of lack of maintenance (Kentucky Kingdom).

Magnum's brake failure was more of a weather related issue than a mechanical failure due to poor maintenance.

I have seen more than 10 arrows operate fine in the rain. including Tennessee Tornado which hits it brake run at very fast speeds and Scream Machine at Great adventure, especially the MCBR. And it hit brakes going at a slow speed on magnum. The brakes should have work as designed but they clearly didn't.

I think it's because the catch car is so long. It attaches to the middle of the train, and there are still a few sections you can see in front of the train, so you know it's long. The train doesn't need it to drag it up anymore a little past the peak, but because there's maybe 40 feet of catch car ahead of that, it has to go somewhere down the drop.

I was at the park yesterday and there were multiple guys on the lift hill, dangling and working diligently all day long. Good to see the work payed off. Also yesterday, some ride-ops at various rides were making light of the situation...especially at Magnum. They were saying things like Magnum is so much better than MF and how "today (yesterday) it's faster than Millennium Force!"

Just got word I'm going to CP for the 2nd time. I am SUPER excited to go back and live the Ohio life. I had so much fun there and not just at CP. The Applebee's down the street gets crazy at night lol. Can't wait to go ride Mavvy again.

Official list of Cedar Point coaster nicknames:

Millennium Force - Millie

Magnum XL200 - Maggie

Top Thrill Dragster - Draggie

Marverick - Mavie

Corkscrew - Corky

Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Miney

Raptor - Rappie

Wicked Twister - Twistie

Mantis - Mantie

Blue Streak - Streakie

Gemini - Gemini-ie

Jr. Gemini - Jr. Gemini-ie

Disaster Transport - Spacey

Iron Dragon - Irony

Woodstock Express - Woody

Wildcat - Pussy

Mean Streak - Ouchy

Had a feeling CP would make extra effort to get MF up and running for Coastermania.

Never understood the CP bashers. I do not know of any PERFECT park.

One thing I like about CP is the park does Coastermania up right., but I am sure that some other people will say that sucks as well and some other park has better coaster event, blah blah blah. I kind of like living in Ohio, right between CP and KI. Yes, other parks have better theming, nothing tops a (former) Busch park for that. Other parks have some better flats, but with Cedar Fair owning both, I am pretty darn happy as a clam here. I am sure I will get bashed for this. Why not start a thread for CP haters?