TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Under-rated Dark Ride

^ Oh yeah, I forgot to add that it has weird operating hours. It doesn't open until 6, so if you are doing Trimpers and Rehoboth you should do Trimpers first. Plus, Rehoboth doesn't have a credit, well at least since the last time I was there. (mid 90's)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the poster who said Flooded Mine at SDC---that ride was GREAT!

Did Dollywood ever have a dark ride like that? (And no, Blazing Fury doesn't count...but it is fun!)

^ A lot of people I knew who had ridden the ride before it got "Wonka'd", Mark, said that they liked the first one much better than what replaced it.

The Glass Elevator simulator was a neat trick, though. I think that's what was the main appeal for me, to wait in line for it. And I'm glad I did.

And once was enough for me.

^ Oh yeah, I forgot to add that it has weird operating hours. It doesn't open until 6, so if you are doing Trimpers and Rehoboth you should do Trimpers first. Plus, Rehoboth doesn't have a credit, well at least since the last time I was there. (mid 90's)

And if you get there after 6PM, there is a good chance the line will have already built to a long wait.

I also agree with Coasterfanatic that Myrtle Beach Pavillon's Horror Hotel was damn good.

Curse Of DarKastle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg... I honestly do not understand why some people do not enjoy this ride.

I suspect that it largely depends on whether you're comparing it to Spider-Man or not. Judged in a vacuum, DarKastle is pretty amazing. But compared to its obvious inspiration, it feels like a bit of a poor copy.

You know, like how Coldplay might sound really original if you'd never heard Radiohead.

^I agree--let's consolidate these two.

Nice find, Falafel. Here are my favorite tidbits of info about Phantasmagoria:

Items commonly discarded in ride: Stuffed animals, hats, litter, cigarette butts, ladies undergarment, feminine products, condom wrappers

Common means of mischief: Getting out of car, vandalism, making out, occasional stink bombs.

I agree with the poster who said Flooded Mine at SDC---that ride was GREAT!

Did Dollywood ever have a dark ride like that? (And no, Blazing Fury doesn't count...but it is fun!)

Dollywood's version of the Flooded Mine was taken out for the construction of Daredevil Falls.

You know, like how Coldplay might sound really original if you'd never heard Radiohead.

Well I did ride The Amazing Adventures Of Spiderman in Florida before I rode Curse Of DarKastle, but I just prefer the theme and overall story of DarKastle.

I'd have to say comparing the difference between Coldplay and Radiohead in relation to the difference between two dark rides, it's more like a portable trailer-mounted Ghost Train compared to Disney's Haunted Mansion, with Radiohead being more like the Haunted Mansion.

If there is any inspiration from Radiohead involved in Coldplay's music, it sure isn't apparent.

^Ghost Trains have been around a lot longer than Disney's Haunted Mansion. Ghost Trains did not model themselves after The Haunted Mansion.

Hence, your effort to deconstruct the analogy has failed!

I'd have to say comparing the difference between Coldplay and Radiohead in relation to the difference between two dark rides, it's more like a portable trailer-mounted Ghost Train compared to Disney's Haunted Mansion, with Radiohead being more like the Haunted Mansion.

If there is any inspiration from Radiohead involved in Coldplay's music, it sure isn't apparent.

I agree with Prof. Larry. Please rewrite your paper for a grade no better than a "C."

I don't know if I have a current favorite, or an idea of an under-rated dark ride, but I just want to say that I used to absolutely LOVE the Pirate Ride at Cedar Point. I was super bummed when they took it out!

I think about it every time I walk over to Blue Streak, and I make sure to walk through the piece of the big ship that was left behind.

I'd have to say comparing the difference between Coldplay and Radiohead in relation to the difference between two dark rides, it's more like Morey's Jersey Junkyard compared to Disney's Haunted Mansion, with Radiohead being more like the Haunted Mansion.

fixed.

and if there's inspiration from HM in Jersey Junkyard, then I'm Bruce Vaughn.

in other words, COLDPLAY SUCKS AND RADIOHEAD RULEZ!!!!

*edited in Modified Bear for good measure