TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Wild Adventures

I know back in 2000 they were advertising a lot in Gainesville, that's how I heard about the park and visited while I was in college. It was totally dead, and we were basically 'assigned' a rideop to follow us around and let us ride what we wanted to.

I also remember no real 'pathways' on my first visit, but I agree, the park is slowly building up and getting bigger and better.

Not impressed with Cheetah, but hopefully the park has learned from that mistake!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been through Valdosta many times, but have yet to stop and actually visit this park. I always assumed it was a dump and was holding off until I could do it with a fun group of people. However, this park looks a lot nicer than I previously thought. They just need a better coaster selection. I might actually try to stop here on my next trip to Orlando and finally get these credits!

I also have only been to this park once, shortly after Cheetah opened. My most vivid memory of it was being told by a ride op that I had to leave my glasses in the station because if they came off on the ride they could land on the track and derail the ride.

Understand, I wasn't arguing with him. Those were his first words to me.

Either the place has improved a bit, or Erik's photos are simply better than my own memories.

WA is a really nice looking park, (with great theming to boot!). We were just through Valdosta on our way to WDW, and now I wish I would've planned better.

Looks like there will be plenty of whoring for me, and lots of good credits for my five year old too. Well, next time we drive down for USO/IOA we'll try and hit it. Thanks for the great TR Erik!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to finally see the trailer.

It looks...interesting.

A friend of mine's grandmother worked on the film. She was also made into a zombie for the film!

It seems like the film is supposed to take place in California...

It's funny. They've been filming all over Georgia for months.

Wild Adventures looks nice in the film...then again...it's a pretty nice park anyway.

I need to get an annual pass again (After all, it's my home park), but I never get around over there.

I may go in a few weeks, so I'll get some pictures.

• 3 months later...

Zombieland is on the must see list, hopefully it will make it to Australia this decade. I really like good zombie movies, actually some of the bad ones are fun too.

Interesting trivia: another zombie film, Land of the Dead, had a scene where zombies emerge out of a river - that was filmed in the wave pool at Canada's Wonderland.

Zombieland was alot of fun! For one distant shot of the park, since it is supposed to be in California, they used SFMM's skyline and placed a few extra rides from Wild Adventures in it. Bug Out, Double Shot, Aviator, and Rattler were all represented.