TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What franchise should Six Flags tackle next?

Six Flags has used a lot of outside franchises lately, like Tony Hawk, Terminator, the Wiggles, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Evil Knievel. They've also been going back to the drawing board with regard to past franchises they already had the rights (or were simple to extend) to use (Bizzaro and Aquaman being the big ones, but also in-park characters such as Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, and The Dark Knight film).

So, I guess my question is, what could they do next? Or, conversely, should they stick to new, non-franchised-based rides, like Buccaneer Battle or the Glow in the Park parade?

Personally, I think the A-Team would work well for a Terminator: Salvation-style wooden coaster (with explosions). The nostalgia (i.e. merchandise) is there to support it already, and there is a new movie scheduled for 2011 is already in the works. Also, I'd be down for a Dark Knight-style coaster themed to "Army of Darkness" with some dark humor thrown in.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should try and repay all the money they owe before they buy another franchise.

Besides, there still more Superman possibilities out there..

Superman: Ride of Man In Tights

Superman: Faster That A Speeding Bullet

Superman: Brandon Routh Didn't Cut It

Superman: The Return of Kevin Spacey's Character

Superman: Six Flag's Search For More Money.

The possibilities are endless.

I think they should try and repay all the money they owe before they buy another franchise.

Well, I agree, they need to manage their debt, but hey, they've done well with the last couple of franchises they've used, so what else would work in a Six Flags park, or what existing rides could be "Bizzaro'd" into something new?

Mark Shapiro also mentioned recently that SF will be doing a series of rides based on The Mummy.

I thought that was just a traveling exhibit at La Ronde for a short time (the same one, or modeled after, Dreamworld's walk-thru). I would figure that Universal has more sense to have a monopoly for all Mummy attractions in North America; at least permanent ones.

Like dark rides such as Monster Plantation, where it was not based on any franchise but still really creative and charming.

Thanks, I forgot that one.

Wonder Woman.

I want to see an invisible coaster train.

They already had that, they changed Flashback at SFMM to Wonder Woman a few years ago. Everyone thought it was SBNO, but really it just had invisible trains!!

I'd like to see Texas Giant rethemed to Walker Texas Ranger: The Ride.

I've also thought it would be cool if they could work with Sally and Guitar Hero to come up with a new kind of interactive dark ride.

Another somewhat related idea: Build Thomas Town FECs inside shopping malls in the western part of the US. This could greatly expand the reach and worth of Six Flags Media Networks (ie SFTV) with relatively small investment.

I've also thought it would be cool if they could work with Sally and Guitar Hero to come up with a new kind of interactive dark ride.

Haha, that's going into the next Hard Rock Park.

But, uh, all joking aside, I'm kinda surprised they haven't done more with video games (besides the Wii stations).

How about the film "mo' money" they could certainly use more of the cash.

While we are on the Damon Wayans canon, how about about a Blankman coaster, I mean that would be less obscure than Bizarro.

I'd like to see all Six Flags rides themed from the films of Ingmar Bergman, what could be more exciting than playing the grim reaper in chess?

Call me selfish, but I want SFDK's Medusa to be Bizzaro'd.

Or they could always pull a Disney. Pirates of the Caribbean influences the movie then the movie influences the ride. The parks influenced Six Flags Coaster Cuts... Now Coaster Cuts should influence the parks!

That's right! A barbershop-themed dark ride!

I think they should go with just original names (Like Goliath, Medusa, V2...), not trying to pop-culture-ize the park. I don't come to a park for billions of advertising for other non-themepark stuff, I go to be in a theme park atmosphere. Having all of these Tony Hawks, Evil Knevil (sp?), Terminators, and ?? just feels like this big mish-mash of stuff with no specific theme. Not saying park mascots or having a licensed theme is bad, but when you get 3 or 4 happening at once, it becomes a mess, just my opinion.

^ SF has always been a mish-mash of themes.

Let's see...

They've tackled theme parks....

SFOT, SFOG, SFSTl, and possibly Dubai

They've tackled indoor theme parks...

SF Autoworld, SF Power Plant

They've tackled waterparks...

SF Atlantis, SFHH

They've tackled animal parks...

SFWOA, SFDK, Wild Safari Animal Park

They've tackled buying theme parks...

Every single other park outside the original three

They've tackled selling theme parks....

SFEG, SFDL, Frontier City, Wyandot Lake, European theme parks, etc...

They've tackled video games...

RCT2, Six Flags Fun Park

They've tackled children's books and Happy Meal toys...

They've tackled barber shops...

SF Roller Coaster Cuts

Now all they need to do is tackle...

Hotels

Fast Food

Supermarkets

Banks

Housing complexes

Sports Teams

Timeshares

Toll Highways

Tattoos

Lawn and Gardening

Law firms

Dentistry

Medical Doctors

Hospitals

Fire/Police Stations

and maybe a Lemon Chill/Dippin Dots stand...

^ They could always advertise as a low budget chain of motels like Super 8, Motel 6, or Budget Host. That way they wouldn't have to worry about "cleaning up" as much... But even then, last time I checked, SF is much cleaner than it was 5-10 years ago.