TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Termination Day! Sunday, June 28th, 2009

^Aside from the running of the bulls, I found that X2 generally has shorter line in the evening and the day you go also will effect how many rides on X2 you can get. If you went in the summer, you'd have a much better chance of getting multiple rides on X2 than if you went on Saturday.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance of more tickets being available sometime? or is this pretty much locked up? if so how about about another event in the future to look forward too.

Don't hold your breath on more tickets. Everyone was warned multiple times about a limited number.When you said you guess you waited to long means you knew that there was a limited number.

As for the next event if your not on a TPR trip, it might be WCB 2010. Don't wait around to get your tickets when they are announced. That event sold out too this year!

3.) Finally, I just watched "Roller Coasters in the RAW, Volume 1" in which Robb has a difficult (painful) time with the S & S 4D coaster in Japan and states "that was worse than 'X'". Is X2 better? Smoother? Less painful?

I've only been on X2 twice, but from my experience X2 is definitely smoother and more comfortable than X was. I rode in the first and fifth rows on my two rides; both seats were mostly pain-free, and most of the roughness was in the form of the seats jolting forward and backward a few times (mostly towards the end of the ride). Of course, I was on an inside seat for both rides, so I can't guarantee how the outside seats ride.

1.) I read a post where Robb states "if you are smart" it is possible to get 2 or possibly 3 rides on X2 without paying for them. Obviously one strategy is to participate in the running of the bulls. Beyond that, can anyone elaborate on what "being smart" means?

Do you mean during Termination Day or any other day? I think what I meant was, if you were at the VERY front of the gates when the park opened, and you BOOKED it to X2, you could totally get in one ride, and then come back around and ride again with a fairly short queue, before most of the masses get to the ride.

This of course assume that X2 has opened with the park and there is no delays.

2.) Another question on strategy: when the park opens is it better to have a good position in the Flash Pass line or a good position in the X2 line when the opening of X2 could be delayed long enough to take you out of the running for a Flash Pass?

I'm not sure why it would matter what position in line you are for a Flash Pass. Once you get the Flash Pass you can use it whenever you want. I don't think getting their early or late really gains you anything one way or the other.

3.) Finally, I just watched "Roller Coasters in the RAW, Volume 1" in which Robb has a difficult (painful) time with the S & S 4D coaster in Japan and states "that was worse than 'X'". Is X2 better? Smoother? Less painful?

X2 is much better, especially on an inside seat.

Finally, one only Robb can answer:

4.) I read your response to a post about whether or not on Termination Day we will be allowed to position ourselves favorably with regard to the running of the bulls toward X2 as the park opens. I think you said that generally we are not free to move around the park during a limited ERT, but you would ask about this specific case. Do you have an update on this?

I don't sorry. Unless there were multiple coasters open, I don't think the park security would want us wandering off from where we should be. (I wouldn't pesonally allow this to be honest.) Once you start to wonder off to a place where you shouldn't be, you become a liability to both the park and TPR. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting in any sort of trouble and it reflecting poorly on TPR and the park never wants to do events with us again.

So I would ask that if you go to Termination Day, please stay at Terminator until the park opens. Once the clock hits 10:30am if you want to book it over to whatever ride you want to, be my guest, but if you're wandering off before 10:30am, that may create some problems.

any chance of more tickets being available sometime? or is this pretty much locked up? if so how about about another event in the future to look forward too.

None, sorry. We limited the tickets on purpose so that lines for Terminator would be short. With the number we have, the line should be 15 minutes at the longest, and I'm sure as people start to drop out of ERT, take pictures, takes a break, etc, it will be even shorter.

I'm guessing most people will be able to get in about 15 - 20 rides during the 2 1/2 hours of ERT.

--Robb

^ Also remember that there is a cutoff for those who have tickets to pay for them. Robb will release those tickets near the day of the event, so keep an eye out for them. I have no doubt that they will be scooped up within hours of being posted!!!

Chris.

^ I really hope that was an attempt for a joke... if not then READ again what Robb bearly posted on the previous page!

Finally, one only Robb can answer:

4.) I read your response to a post about whether or not on Termination Day we will be allowed to position ourselves favorably with regard to the running of the bulls toward X2 as the park opens. I think you said that generally we are not free to move around the park during a limited ERT, but you would ask about this specific case. Do you have an update on this?

I don't sorry. Unless there were multiple coasters open, I don't think the park security would want us wandering off from where we should be. (I wouldn't pesonally allow this to be honest.) Once you start to wonder off to a place where you shouldn't be, you become a liability to both the park and TPR. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting in any sort of trouble and it reflecting poorly on TPR and the park never wants to do events with us again.

So I would ask that if you go to Termination Day, please stay at Terminator until the park opens. Once the clock hits 10:30am if you want to book it over to whatever ride you want to, be my guest, but if you're wandering off before 10:30am, that may create some problems.

--Robb

So will we be able to leave about five minutes early for morning ERT to beat the crowds on X2?

Yeah, what he said. ^^

Please don't be the reason we have to now allow 16 year olds to attend future TPR events by doing something stupid and running off before you're allowed to exit the area.

--Robb

A bit of a bump, but I have a (hopefully) not stupid question.

If I'm leaving at 11 after night ERT, is it possible for someone to come pick us up at the drop-off area, or will I have to hoof it past the toll booths?

You'll be able to get picked up from the drop-off area after the event. That's what I'm planning on doing, and that's what I did after WCB.

A question for Robb-

The cutoff date for sending you the money is today, the 19th. I mailed in a check last week, but just noticed that you are on the Scandinavia trip till the 22nd. So I wasn't sure if you were even going to know that there is a check waiting for you at home. I didn't want to get bumped or anything.

Thanks

I have sent an email out today to everyone who has not paid. There were only about 5 people (and one of them has already contacted me.)

It is not looking likely that there will be any tickets coming available.

--Robb