TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England Bizarro Media Day Photo TR

^ Wow, those lighting effects are neat! I was not too excited about the new changes for this ride, but everything they've done to it has really, really impressed me. Between this Bizarro, SFGADV's Bizarro and Terminator, I'm am so stoked for the future of Six Flags rides.

I especially love the stobes on the Superman/Bizarro logo tunnel (the thrid vid). I hope to one day ride this!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen of both the S:RoS and Medusa transformations,I must say SFNE's Bizarro looks a lot better. From the pics I've seen of Bizarro at SFGAdv, the transformation looks somewhat random and hodgepodge. This one, however, looks fantastic. Maybe I was expecting more, but the Medusa-Bizarro transformation looks weak and just thrown-together. This one, however, looks fantastic and amazing. Hopefully more future SF rides end up more like this and Terminator, and less like SFGAdv's Bizarro.

Hi everyone, I just returned from riding Bizarro today! After riding it once in the day, I had mixed emotions, mainly because of the audio. It is indeed too loud and when the ride ends, so should the sound. After the final brake run, you can't even talk to your partner to tell them how great the ride was because you have this bizarre "hip-hop" music blaring in your ears. You WILL have to ride Bizarro multiple times to understand the story line since a lot is going on in the soundtrack.

With all of the new effects, I do think Six Flags should have added something at the end, like a tunnel with lights into the final brake run. This would have put icing on the cake.

However, I also rode Bizarro at night. WAY BETTER! The enhancements are truly designed to happen in the dark, especially the fire bursts. Whatever you do, ride Bizarro at night!

I was at Media day as well, and I agree with you Rich. Bizarro is a way better experience. The only bad part, for me...was the thickness of the lap bars. The lap bars sit on my thighs making it a bit uncomfortable. Other than that, this blew me away. Not to mention the FREE everything at Johnny Rockets, Thanks Larry and his crew. BTW, Lindsey and I are in the photo of the press conference.

I'm jealous. I sooo should have gone. I immediately regretted not going when reading about all the awesomeness on sfneonline. I'm thinking of getting down there this Tuesday or Thursday. I'm so friggen' excited!

ARGH..I am forced to eat my own words re: the ride's name and new theming. I had thought it would be a bogus move and wasnt at all sure they could make the experience more full; I am dead wrong, particularly the emblem theming coming out of overbanked curve. Wow Not sure I'm too keen on the fire towers (I sweat enough; help is not appreciated.) Nevertheless, am greatly looking forward to riding namrepuS this year.

Scott

I rode this ride on Monday and it is awesome! It was my first time visiting SFNE. The theming and the effects definitely add a "kick" to the ride. One of the trains music was not running. I got a ride on both trains and the "music" (more like sound effects) are pretty awesome as they go along with all of the theming. For example a loud explosion sound plays when you pass by the fire. It's a great ride.

SFNE2005, in your photos of the first drop on the service road, you captured SFNE pres. Larry Litton with Ms Massachusetts in the front. I know this because they hijacked that front seat ride from me and my boy! In your very next picture where you comment on "burst mode" and say "Hi, Steve" I believe you got me and my son in the front...I would love a better resolution version of that if it exists. Anyway, here is my proof of being "cut in line" by the SFNE pres (a VERY nice guy, and a gracious host!)

Mugging for the press...

You didn't think she would actually wear the tiara, did you?

• 2 weeks later...