TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Zealand Info

CreativeForce

Hi all, my wife and I are going to New Zealand next month and I was wondering if anyone here has some info on Rainbow's End in Auckland. Specifically, what's the best mode of transportation from Sky City to Rainbow's End? We won't have a car and will need to rely on public transportation or a Taxi.

How much time do you think it would take to "do" the park?

Would it be busy on a Wednesday?

Thanks for any help!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We were there a couple of years ago and took the bus from the main station in downtown Auckland. (A 20 minute walk from the tower.) There is a tourist information office in the Sky City at the base of the tower and they will be able to give you the route information for the bus.

If I remember correctly, the bus fare was much cheaper than a taxi (there was 3 of us) and the ride took about 35 minutes going and 45 coming back, because of traffic. The bus dropped us off at a mall directly across the street from the theme park. We even left the park to get lunch at the mall because it was so close.

The park itself is rather small, but we really liked it, mainly because the employees were so nice. They have two big go kart courses, a mini golf, bumper boats and a fairly large drop tower in addition to a log flume and three coasters. You definitely will not be disappointed, but if its not busy don't expect to spend more than 3 or 4 hours there.

Enjoy New Zealand. IMO it is the most beautiful country in the world. (Out of the 17 I have been to!)

Also, we purchased a special tourist pass (think CityPass here in the U.S.) which included admission to the Sky Tower, an aquarium, a ferry ticket to Rangitoto Island and admission to Rainbow's End. It worked out to be about half of the price we would have spent buying admission separately. The aquarium was cool and even had a free shuttle from the tower and Rangitoto Island is fantastic and offers stunning views of the area. You can buy the pass from the tourist information desk at the base of the tower!