TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: King Kong Re-Emerges in a New 4-D Attraction in 2010

So they are giving out glasses to every train despite whether or not it goes through the attraction? That doesn't make sense to me, so I'd assume if they are handing you glasses before you get on it should be a big hint that your going to see it.

That's exactly what they are doing. One in three trams were going in so everyone has glasses regardless. They are still trying to get the flow worked out and it is still having difficulties. The guide didn't know we were going in until she got the okay right before we entered. People getting of the tram after us were given glasses and didn't end up going through. It's all luck until July 1st. The tram in front of us didn't go in, but we did.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said before the sign in front say's "in technical rehearsal" and that it may close at any time. I saw the same thing Saturday with them having some trams go through and some trams pass. My tram actually went inside and then the driver wasn't sure if we would actually be able to go in because theres an exit before the actual attraction that was open. In any case, it's awesome, awesome enough to be a stand alone ride if it were longer. As much as i miss the old Kong, this is one hell of a replacement. Oh, and Jaws is up and running again too.

So they are giving out glasses to every train despite whether or not it goes through the attraction? That doesn't make sense to me, so I'd assume if they are handing you glasses before you get on it should be a big hint that your going to see it.

Since it is still in technical rehearsals, getting the glasses still isn't a guarantee you are going to get to experience Kong. It still can (and does) close at any time for more adjustments or technical difficulties. They won't hand out glasses if they know it is going to be closed for an extended period of time.

Theme Park Review attended the Media Event for the King Kong 360 3-D Attraction opening. A report will be posted in a new thread tomorrow afternoon.