TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: My Big Fat Gay Wedding at SFNE!

I've been reading the title of this thread thinking it said my big fat greek wedding....missing this wonderful story.

I love the fact that you guys got married after 13 years of being together. Enjoy the rest of your lives together, you guys look so happy to finally be able to show a the commitment (of promising to be together until death do you part) towards each other.

Did you guys have a reception/party afterwards? What rides did you go on first?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No party yet. The reception was held in the park! We headed straight to the nearest coaster which happened to be Thunderbolt. Then we just moved around the park from coaster to coaster having a great time. Oddly enough, the person who had the most fun riding coasters that day was the Justice Of The Peace! He had a blast!

First of all, my sincere congratulations and thanks for sharing this incredible moment in your lives. Second, did you take a honeymoon? Third, did you throw flash passes instead of bouquets? Last, on what ride did you consumate the marriage?

We've been together for 27 years, and from recent events in the NY State Legislature, it looks as if we may actually be able to get married on the Coney Island Cyclone soon, which we'd always viewed as a pipe dream - it could never happen - married on the top of the lift hill overlooking the ocean, at sunset, ride lights in the background.

Also wanted to say, I loved the pet names. We call each other Pita (pain in the a--)

First of all, my sincere congratulations and thanks for sharing this incredible moment in your lives. Second, did you take a honeymoon? Third, did you throw flash passes instead of bouquets? Last, on what ride did you consumate the marriage?

We've been together for 27 years, and from recent events in the NY State Legislature, it looks as if we may actually be able to get married on the Coney Island Cyclone soon, which we'd always viewed as a pipe dream - it could never happen - married on the top of the lift hill overlooking the ocean, at sunset, ride lights in the background.

Also wanted to say, I loved the pet names. We call each other Pita (pain in the a--)

LOL! You're welcome. No honeymoon yet. That will happen later this year. We wanted to be married on the 16th of May since it is our anniversary, but we will be heading to California in September for our honeymoon! No, we did not throw flash passes, but that would have been a great idea! Expensive idea, but a great one! Whereas I was tempted to go and make out in the Houdini attraction at the park, we waited until we got home to consummate the marriage! My mother was with us at the park after all, so it would have been awkward!

Congrats on being together for 27 years! That is awesome! I am sure that you will get the opportunity soon to live your pipe dream! Make sure you take plenty of pictures!

-Bubala

You're very lucky! But I have one question... in the certificate, it says... "this certificate is not to be used outside of Massachusetts. NOT VALID AFTER 9 JUNE 09" Not valid after the day you married?

OMG how did I miss this thread! Congrats guys, you're HAWT!

This thread needs to turn into a gay roller coaster dating thread...Any single guys looking? LOL

You should go on a TPR Trip!

Now I'm REALLY thinking of going to one!

You're very lucky! But I have one question... in the certificate, it says... "this certificate is not to be used outside of Massachusetts. NOT VALID AFTER 9 JUNE 09" Not valid after the day you married?

That's because it is not the final official marriage certificate. It is an intention to marry. This is the copy that the Justice Of The Peace has to sign after marrying us and then file it with the city clerk and then an official marriage certificate is issued. The intention to marry certificate is only valid for 60 days after the date of filing. So, after we filed in April, we had 60 days to actually get married. That is where the June 9th date came into play. It is not valid outside of Massachusetts because we could not file intentions in Mass and then use that intentions certificate to go and get married in another state.

-Bubala

This was so sweet, I kinda wanted to cry. I'm so happy for you two and I hope gay marriage is legalized everywhere so people like can me can be as lucky as you too one day.

And I'm really glad to see so many supporters and all the love on this site. I can imagine how much it means to the original poster and it means a lot to me too.

Oh and if I was going to get married in a theme park, I'd probably choose Universal.. in front of the globe. haha So COME ON Florida..