TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2010 Trips Questionnaire!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a Togo around the world trip, people would experience brain injuries just trying to imagine a trip like that.

With the Germany/Italy add on, would we have to organise our own transport to Germany (and then Italy during the add-on) after the UK trip, or would we do some kind of group transport thing (at least for Italy)?

I'm going to get a headstart saving up for the Middle America trip, however it's not even close to set in. I'll probably wait until 2011 trips are proposed to commit (or not) to a 2010 trip, since I would rather tour parks not within 8 hours' driving distance of my house. (I JUST missed East Coast and Deep South, which I would much rather have done )

This is probably me just being a first timer on one of these trips, but where do you start for these trips? Say I am in Denver and I am doing the UK/Germany and Italy trip, where do I meet the group?

And would the Italy Germany add on trip include Blue Fire and iSpeed? Im really looking forward to my first TPR trip and all the sweet euro coasters I haven't been on!!! 2010 can't come soon enough.

^ The group usually meets at a specified airport or a hotel very close to the airport (announced in the trip flyer). On the east coast trip, we flew into Philadelphia and met up at the Quality hotel a few blocks away.

What about a Togo around the world trip, people would experience brain injuries just trying to imagine a trip like that.

Vekoma would be worse. Just imagine all the SLC's and Boomerangs.

One question I had is with Japan. It said if there was interest in a summer trip, it would be offered. When would you guys need people interested in it to see if it is possible? I would love to do a fall trip, but my fiancee is a teacher, so it limits us.

^ We are actually looking into the idea of doing a summer Japan trip to make it more "school year friendly."

I will say thought that one of the reasons why we go when we normally do is that the parks are *EMPTY* (as I'm sure you've seen in many trip reports.)

Doing a summer trip would mean much busier parks and we probably couldn't pack as many parks in.

On the flip side, you're in Japan...and that's almost awesome enough as it is!

--Robb

Are flight expenses included in the trip fees, or do we still pay those ourselves? I'd love to do the Europe trip, but if I can't afford air-fare, I can only do the mid-america trip. Either way, hoping to make 2010 the year of the TPR trip for me.

^ That is correct.

It would be impossible for us to include airfare because everyone is flying in from all over the world. Each participants airfare would be a different price.

The only time we include airfare is when we require a flight during a trip and everyone is going to and from the same destinations.

For example, when we had our flights within China or our flight from London to Goteborg in 2006.

--Robb

That trip we would probably start in Italy and end in Germany. If you are not on the UK trip you would be responsible for getting to a specific starting point in Italy, and then you would leave out of Germany with the rest of the group.

^No real details have been released about any trips yet. That will be a seven day international trip, so you can kind of look at past trips to figure out approximate pricing. Be patient, all will be revealed later this summer.