TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR, Liseberg from earlier today.

Got my first coaster rides today as we were going to Liseberg today to get a season pass, so that we don't have to pay the entry price to Europa Park in little over a week

Today was a really nice and short visit to Liseberg, but since there were hardly any crowds we still managed to get a bunch of rides on the coasters and flats, I also got my first credit of the year

Lisebergbanan and Balder were really hauling ass today, which were a bit of a surprise due to the cool weather, even Kanonen rode better then it usually do. Rabalder on the other hand is a big letdown, I miss Cirkus Expressen!!

Hang-Hai was pretty rubbish as well...

Pictures:

First we started of with the new credit...

Oakwood uses sheep to cut the grass underneath their coasters, Liseberg have gone high tech

It looks good, but the ride is pretty bad

Wiii train!!

Looks just like the old train

Up the lift it goes

Mess of track

Looks faster then it is...

Mmmmm, Lisebergbanan

Balder was running great today

Nice curves

Even Kanonen was running pretty good, but they were stacking as usual

Foundation to a support of the cableway that connected Liseberg with another park in Gothenburg

All that is left of Kulingen, just a few benches and some shrubs

Area of future park expansion

Drool!!

Looking up the hill

Hang Hai

Pretty meh ride if you compare it to Spinrock that does the same thing

Is it just me or do they have more wheels on this one?

Artsy shot of a really nice ride

If the train had a bit more speed here, how awesome would that be

Longest wait for the day, to the best flat ride in the park, Spinrock!!

Oh and Balder

This was the standard queue time for the Bananannanana, even if they were only running 2 of the 5 trains

Behind the scene photo

Mmmm Uppswinget

On the way out we spotted this hippie

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is so bad about Rabalder?

I mean, it's just a kiddie coaster. Is it rough, or you just liked the old one better?

I just want to know because there's a small chance KT may be tall enough to ride and I don't want to put her on it if it's rough or terrible!

^ The ride is OK (not the smoothest, and far from the roughest), a bit of shuffling, it's about the same as the old coaster (or any other old Zierer Tivoli type coaster for that matter).

But it's the trains that makes this ride really bad for us adults, you can't really fit in it as good as you could in the old one. The lap bar should have been a bit longer since it feels like it's going to break your legs, the lack of padding in the seats (that the old coaster had) makes the vibrations more noticeable and there is a big hump on the bottom (that supposed to go between your legs) that just pokes in the wrong area Not that pleasant really...

The height limit on Rabalder is 90 cm (35.4"), as most of the other children rides Liseberg have (including the frog hoppers...), if she is over 90 cm then she could even ride the FlumeRide

^Ok thanks!

So we'll all be in pain, but she'll be fine!

She was 85cm last month...so it's possible she could hit 90cm in shoes by next month, but I'm not counting on it. Although she'll be really pissed to see a frog hopper she can't ride!

^ We have exactly the same "problem" with our 4 year old nephew, he is just a few cm lower then the 110 cm limit, which is the next major height limit. It would be a lot easier for us if he were 110 cm since there is so many more coasters we could bring him on without having to do "baby swapping" or single riding on.

Well we could always wait until next year for some Lisebergbanan action for him, but I'm pretty sure that it will bum him out not to be able to ride it especially since he is so close to the limit.

^Ok thanks!

So we'll all be in pain, but she'll be fine!

She was 85cm last month...so it's possible she could hit 90cm in shoes by next month, but I'm not counting on it. Although she'll be really pissed to see a frog hopper she can't ride!

Wow, 85cm seems so tall, those sessions on the rack are really paying off for KT. All I can say, grow KT grow, I really need that taxi jam credit.

Liseberg looks amazing, I can't wait to be there next month, Liesbergbanan looks so unusual but I'm sure it's fun, and Balder....

I bet there is going to be some fun and games with some of the TPR Scandi tour folk squeezing on Rabalder.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there Saturday, May 16. I got in free because I ran "Lilla Göteborgsvarvet" (a running race in Gothenburg for young people) on Sunday.

I never went Rabalder, because it was 45 min queue. It wasn't worth it! But I liked Hanghai, it's a cool ride! (only 15 min queue)

But I can recommend to go the Gasten Ghost Hotel at the front. I have gone it before, but never at the front.

It was fun and scary! Especially when you didn't see where you would go.