TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PHOTO CONTEST! – Show me your favorite theme park/ride shot!

After a friend bailed on me, I am left holding an extra ticket to Worlds of Fun. I won’t make it back to Kansas City this season, so instead of eBaying it or eating it, I’ve decided to have some fun and give it away to one of you guys! It is a paper (hard-copy) general admission ticket that is valid any day during the 2009 season. Please note that Oceans of Fun admission is NOT included with this ticket. So here’s your chance to go and ride Prowler (which is excellent BTW) and all of WoF’s other great rides for FREE!

So here’s what to do: Just post your favorite theme park/ride photo. If I like yours the best you win! If this contest gets really competitive (and I hope it does), I will most likely add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place.

WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Click here to go right to the gallery of entries!

RULE MODIFICATION: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK, TAKEN & EDITED BY YOU. ANY ENTRIES FOUND TO BE "STOLEN" WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

Rules / FAQs

Only ONE (1) Entry per User. Multiple entries will disqualify the user completely. Comment all you want in the thread, but ONLY POST ONE PICTURE. Newly created account entries may be considered as suspicious attempts at multiple entry. I reserve the right to disqualify those entries as I see fit.

THE FIRST PICTURE YOU POST IS CONSIDERED YOUR OFFICIAL ENTRY. There will be no “final answer” or “locking in” in this contest. Once you post a picture that is your official entry, and you only get one entry. So heed the words of the Knight in Indy 3: “You must choose…but choose wisely.”

Though extremely unlikely, I do reserve the right to alter the contest rules at any time. As well, I also reserve the right to disqualify any participant if I suspect an attempt by them to “cheat” and/or change their entry. If things get out of hand, I also reserve the right to end the contest outright. That’s only a last resort though. If all you animals just behave, we shouldn’t have a problem.

The contest will end at 11:59 PM (Central Standard Time) on Sunday, May 24, 2009. Any entries posted after that will not be considered. The winner will be announced sometime before 11:59 PM Wednesday, May 27, 2009.

Please note that this contest IS NOT sponsored by Theme Park Review, Worlds of Fun, Cedar Fair or anybody else. It was conceived by and will be run 100% by me so give me a break. I’m a nobody.

Q: Can anyone enter the contest?

A: Yes, everyone is eligible to enter, but you may only enter once. Multiple entries will disqualify the user completely.

Q: I have two awesome pictures. Can I please enter twice?

A: No. Pick one.

Q: Can I enter a photo-shopped or MS Paint altered picture?

A: Yes, as long as you are the person who took the original picture.

Q: Can I enter a picture I stole from somebody else or another website?

A: NO. ANY ENTRIES FOUND TO BE STOLEN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK, TAKEN & EDITED BY YOU.

Q: I accidentally entered the wrong photo. Can I change my entry?

A: No. Please pay careful attention when making your submission.

Q: I accidentally entered a photo that someone else already posted on an earlier page. Can I change my entry?

A: No. Please pay careful attention to all previous entries before making your submission.

Q: I made my entry a few days ago but today I found a picture I like better. Can I change my entry to the new picture?

A: No. Entries may NOT be changed once submitted and multiple entries are NOT allowed.

Q: Quit being a dick. Can I change my entry?

A: No. Deal with it.

Q: Emiroo, what type of pictures are your favorites?

A: I like them all: Action shots, Still life, Close ups, Panoramas, Nerd-Shots, Artsy Stuff, On-Ride Photos, Rider Reactions, etc. While I don’t have a “subject” preference, I will say that color and clarity are often the key to catching my attention…then again I do like the drama of a B&W photo. Humor is also a plus where applicable. But in the end, just post YOUR favorite photo. That’s what I’m interested in seeing.

Q: This contest is stupid. I’m going to post a picture of my cat just to screw up the thread.

A: Feel free. But the cat is your official entry…and probably won’t win unless you’re a hell of a photo-shopper.

Q: If I am the winner, how will I get my prize?

A: I will send it to you in the mail once you have sent me you address via TPR PM.

Q: Why are you having this contest?

A: Just for fun. Also, this is my way of contributing to TPR. I can never pull myself away from the rides long enough to take enough photos for a proper TR, so I thought I’d do this instead.

Q: I won your contest, but would rather have a different prize.

A: Sorry, you will only get the Worlds of Fun ticket. What you do with it once you get it is up to you.

Q: I won the ticket and can’t wait to go! Can you pay the $10 for parking too?

A: No. Get real.

Q: You suck. I think my picture is 1000 times better than the photo you chose as the winner.

A: Sorry you didn’t win, but my decision in this contest is final. Better luck next time.

Feel free to ask questions if you like and I will update this FAQ if needed.

Good Luck and Let’s See Those Great Photos!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here Are All The Official Entries!

They all look great! It's going to be hard to choose a winner!

smartestcoasterkidever

Emiroo Says: Love the angle and rider reactions here!

Papas

Emiroo Says: The black and white contrast is fantastic. This is practically artwork!

coasterguy4

Emiroo Says: Amazing that it came from an iPhone. Love the editing. Gives me a feeling of foreboding.

PKI ManJZ

Emiroo Says: Blue Sky at Night. Diamondback takes flight! Very sharp.

angryemobeaver

Emiroo Says: Like a postcard! It almost looks like it's a reflection of the image off a calm pond. Nice.

DBru

Emiroo Says: Picture perfect sky and great lighting angle from the sun. I can almost hear the riders saying, "Here we go!"

ZeroG001

Emiroo Says: Wow! You turned X2 into a mechanical monster! He can have my lunch money! Nice edit.

vffreak07

Emiroo Says: Nice try but you've been busted with a stolen image. You've been DQ'd and I don't mean Dairy Queen. Better luck next time.

Thelegendarymatthew

Emiroo Says: 14 Effects! But I can still see Dominator under all the makeup. Cool!

jpdupuis

Emiroo Says: I really like the transition angle of the train and the bonus hairtime is awesome!

B&Man

Emiroo Says: You don't see too many shots of TTD from this angle. Lighting and contrast is excellent. Very good.

brandon

Emiroo Says: Love the way you have the top hat perfectly centered in the shot and the sun flare add nice intensity. Great work...especially from a camera phone.

CP_Rules

Emiroo Says: I've always like Mantis' color scheme and here's another good example of why. This photo just pops and the tree adds even more.

Devious

Emiroo Says: Love the black and white. It makes Pittfall seem even more ominous. Perfect way spruce up an overcast day photo.

Bob!

Emiroo Says: What a way to wake up! The sun is in perfect position here. Just lovely.

kumba830

Emiroo Says: Love this awesome looking futuristic shot. My God, it's full of stars!

themeparkman25

Emiroo Says: Love the way you got nice and close here. The symmetry is also perfect.

rollerboy

Emiroo Says: Nice train centering. The paint scheme against the clouds almost make it seem B&W. Cool!

hyyyper

Emiroo Says: That sun is wicked! OMG! It's Troy...ON FIRE! Awesome shot!

dammie16@vt.edu

Emiroo Says: Very artsy indeed. Ninja...THROUGH THE PLANT! Love the lighting. Well done.

CreditCrazy

Emiroo Says: That sunset backlighting makes this one pop. It almost looks like a neon accent. Excellent!

mitchellpaul

Emiroo Says: Perfect use of shutter delay and the person in the queue makes it even more interesting...almost like a mystery. Very cool.

thrillrideseeker

Emiroo Says: Love the color editing. Very artsy..but not fartsy. Great!

F1shy

Emiroo Says: Cool angle and close up. I wonder why the people don't look like they are having fun though...

Koolkid

Emiroo Says: Woosh! Awesome shot of Oblivion doing it's thing. Love it!

Montupoopc

Emiroo Says: I like the subtle lighting at dusk. The hands up blur is cool too. Very nice.

Thanks for the entries! You might just take your next picture at Worlds of Fun...for FREE!

So...someone else can steal a Diamondback picture from my thread, post it in here....and win with my picture?

Also, if I have a watermark on my picture, and someone edits it out without permission, that's stealing and editing it to your own photo. That will cause a LOT of trouble.

You're encouraging people to take other's pictures and edit them.

That is messed up.

C'mon fellas. I'm not insisting that anyone try and take credit for anyone else's work. The truth is I don't even care who took the picture. The mentioning of the watermark was just my way of trying to tell everyone I like "clean" pictures without a lot of markup.

I just want to see which photos people like the best and give away a free ticket in the process. If someone picks your photo as their favorite, and I choose it as the winner too, take it as a compliment. Don't be mad that you didn't get the prize. If you think you've got the best one, then by all means enter it.

Contest rules stand as is. They're not meant to offend.

Who pays for shipping? (The ticket to the winner, I mean.)

I do. It's just a postage stamp and envelope.

C'mon fellas. I'm not insisting that anyone try and take credit for anyone else's work. The truth is I don't even care who took the picture. The mentioning of the watermark was just my way of trying to tell everyone I like "clean" pictures without a lot of markup.

I just want to see which photos people like the best and give away a free ticket in the process. If someone picks your photo as their favorite, and I choose it as the winner too, take it as a compliment. Don't be mad that you didn't get the prize. If you think you've got the best one, then by all means enter it.

Contest rules stand as is. They're not meant to offend.

The watermark/copyright is there for a reason, so that people DON'T take their pictures without having credit. Taking that away breaks every rule the photographer set up by posting it in the first place.

I support the thread, just not the rules...

rszdsc3047.jpg.38604123bc96e42c3e23a5d3a378e8cb.jpg

Diamondback on a blue, stary night.

This has got to be the most messed up thing I have seen on TPR since I joined. You are encouraging people to steal photos, edit out watermarks, for your personal use. If you are really that desperate, why dont you just take picture for your own use, and keep the watermark in the picture so you don't get caught with a stolen photo, and use it as you chose?

I understand that nothing will happen if you get caught with a stolen photo, but how would you like it if I took one of YOUR photos and won $1,000,000 with it? I have a felling you would be pretty pissed off...

Like I said, why dont you just find a cool photo yourself?

Just my 2 cents...

^WTF?

Easy everybody. I think you guys have me all wrong. If I asked you what your favorite painting was, you'd probably tell me Picasso or Monet. You wouldn't say it was something you did yourself. And you certainly wouldn't try to pass off the Picasso as your own. If you asked my what my favorite coaster pic is, it isn't something that I have taken personally. That's all I was getting at. And I have nothing to gain personally out of all this. I just wanted to look at cool pictures and give away an unused ticket. That's all.

But in the spirit of making this contest work, the official rules on the main page have been changed to state that ALL ENTRIES MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED..

Sorry for the confusion. I aim to please. Good luck!

^ I like the image vffreak07 but I'm going to have to consider it stolen. It was direct linked from ValleyFairZone.com, which you may very well help maintain, but the air of suspicion is too strong so I've got to give you the boot.

You've been DQ'd and I don't mean Dairy Queen. Better luck next time.

My entry, even thought i KNOW i won't win...SAD! My b-day is on may 24!!

Don't pull the pity card, play like everyone else

I THOUGHT it would work...

[Hmm...why does my x D does something else...that's WEIRD...]

Heh.... I would enter, but There is no way that I could make it out to WoF any time soon, so if there was that slim chance that I won, I wouldn't want the ticket.

Eh, maybe I might enter just for the sake of entering, not to win the ticket.