TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pepsi Throwback

Throwback has run dry in Dayton, yet I have a small stash here. Plus I found a place near me here that sells mexican Coke, and it seems, Costco now sells mexican coke!

Looks like Target here in Savannah still has Throwback. I wouldn't mind working something out with you to send you some money so that I could try some Mexican Coke.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwback has run dry here too, having to make way for those new Game fuel sodas, which I don't care to try again after just one bottle.

But, I think Throwback was popular enough for Pepsi to consider bringing back. I work at a grocery store, and a lot of people were buying it.

I like Coke too, so I hope they try their own version, one of these days.

Pepsi Throwback is slowly making a comeback, apparently Pepsi may consider continuing to make Throwback.

I'm saddened that Mountain Dew Throwback isn't making a comeback though.

Mountain Dew throwback is the better of the two, IMHO. I still have two cans of Mt Dew, yet still a case of Pepsi...

Looks like Target here in Savannah still has Throwback. I wouldn't mind working something out with you to send you some money so that I could try some Mexican Coke.

Check local speciality stores, we have a nice grocery story here where I picked it up at. They probably got it from Costco. Maybe later I'll be game to send you some, but the next few weeks are going to be crazy (packing, moving, disney, starting school, et all)

Am I the only one who sees "Pepsi Throwback" and reads it as "Pepsi Throwup?"

Robb, I thought this too the first time I saw the bottle. It seems to register that way at a passing glance.

It was good, and just slightly different from corn syrup Pepsi in taste. Good stuff along with MexiCoke. Wish I'd tried Mountain Dew Throwback, but haven't seen it yet. And for some weird reason, Red Bull Cola is growing on me, though it has one of the wierdest tastes.

Back on topic, PepsiTB is enjoyable, even if it does make a questionable abreviation.

• 1 year later...

Over Christmas break I managed to stumble across some Taco Doritos and Throwback Cap'n Crunch in a supermarket.

Here's a link to a picture of the bag.

Then in the same supermarket, another throwback caught my eye... Cap'n Crunch.

Click for image...

The back of the box has collector cards (for vintage cereal fans), but you'll have to be lucky enough to find throwback Peanut Butter Crunch and Throwback Crunch Berries as well in order to get all of them.

While Throwback taco-flavored Doritos has caught some buzz, the interwebz have been mostly quiet about the Cap'n Crunch Throwback (at least compared to the Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper throwbacks). Anybody have any more info on these? All I could find was a press release and a few Flickr images/blog posts about the Doritos and a handful of blog posts about the Crunch. I haven't seen too many of these floating around here either.

I'm mainly interested in seeing how the Doritos taste considering those were discontinued before I was born. Anybody bought/tried these yet?

^ I got those Doritos for New Years! They tasted great.

I 'm loving this whole trend of throwback packaging. Brings back so many fond memories of my childhood.

Plus, Pepsi Throwback recently came back in my store...and this time, I'm not seeing any "limited time only" markings on it, so that's a good sign, even if they still only plan to release it intermittently. I'll look forward to the times when it's out.

I know Robb and Elissa are big time Coke loyalists, but I'm far more diplomatic in my soft drink choices. I find stuff I love about both brands, so once my store re-releases Mexican Coke (Or Kosher Coke for passover), I'll be all set.

^There was a polling test for a newspaper that was a "Pepsi vs. Coke" poll. They had people first vote on what they liked best (about 67% were for Coke, 33% were for Pepsi), and then they were lead into a blind taste test. In the taste test, 64% voted that Pepsi tasted better, while 36% voted that Coke was better. Kind-of funny how brand-names affect the psychology of consumers.

I'm usually middle ground. I like both fairly equally. I do think that I lean more towards Pepsi (and its products in general). Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Back on Topic: I've never heard of these throwbacks! They seem interesting...I'll have to try one if I see them.

From what I heard from a few suppliers for Pepsi in this area, at least around the Detroit area. Pepsi is planning to bring back both "Throwback" drinks as full-time products, due to the positive and welcoming reception both drinks have gotten as a result of the two test runs these past two years.

Come Summer 2011, look for them to be on your supermarket shelves full-time. I know, I know that's the equal of asking the dipping dots guys what next year's ride is at Cedar Point or Six Flags. But, hey, it's a sign of hope.

I haven't tried Pepsi Throwback or Pepsi Natural, but that's largely because I have very little interest in drinking soda. However, I do have a fondness for Mexican Coke. While I certainly don't think of it as healthful, it's just fun to drink something that's a little different, tastes good enough, and at least isn't the worst product on the shelves.

^There was a polling test for a newspaper that was a "Pepsi vs. Coke" poll. They had people first vote on what they liked best (about 67% were for Coke, 33% were for Pepsi), and then they were lead into a blind taste test. In the taste test, 64% voted that Pepsi tasted better, while 36% voted that Coke was better. Kind-of funny how brand-names affect the psychology of consumers.

It's called the Pepsi Challenge, and it's misguiding! Read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, great book and it talks about the challenge.

Anyways! I'm always up for throwback, retro packaging and labeling. Taco flavored Doritos actually sound really good, even though I'm not a Dorito fan at all really. Who's up for some throwback C3POs?

I tried Pepsi Throwinthetrash at it was just horrible. Pepsi disappoints once again.

I actually liked it, even more than regular Pepsi. But I haven't had it since this time 2 years ago.

When I was at 7-11 today I saw they had Throwback Doritos. I was compelled to try them but I didn't. I've also seen a ton of throwback cereals at a lot of grocery stores.

Throwback Pepsi is really good to me. I love that it has a ton of sugar. Albeit not healthy, great for a sugar rush when I have one once in a while.