TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pepsi Throwback

There's this new drink my mom bought while grocery shopping, and it's called Pepsi Throwback...It's pretty much normal Pepsi, but it's made with natural sugar!

I'm drinking a can and it tastes like regulars, but without the carbonated corn syrup burning taste you get with the normal pepsi.

So, anyone had this yet, or am I the first on the site to?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing some research it's appearently availiable from now until June 13th. It's made for Pepsi and Mountain Dew veterans who were alive before they made the change to Corn Syrup in the mid-80s.

So there is a Mountain Dew throwback, with this Pepsi version. I may head out and try to find the Mountain Dew version, because I would find it interesting to taste the pre-corn syrup Mountain Dew.

If you buy Coke at a Latino grocery store (here in SoCal at least), it's usually bottled in Mexico where cane sugar is still used. I don't know if that's true with any Pepsi products they may sell.

Also, Coke produces a special "Kosher Coke" during Jewish holy days (Passover for sure, but I don't know about other holidays) that is made with cane sugar because high fructose corn syrup isn't kosher. They use yellow caps to distinguish their "normal" Coke from the kosher version. Again, I don't know if Pepsi does that.

But I drink the diet version anyway, so it doesn't matter to me; however, those who do drink the regular version might look into it.

Eric

I had a bottle of both the Pepsi and Mt. Dew throwbacks tonight. They we're actually really good. Neither taste much different than the current versions, but you can definitely taste some differences. I might even say that I like both the throwbacks better, but I'll need a few more tastes of each to be sure.

Because I have to watch my caffeine intake, I'm not really supposed to be having any of this stuff (especially Mountain Dew), but I did cheat last weekend and shared a Pepsi Throwback with my girlfriend. In all, I thought it was pretty good. It was Pepsi without the Pepsi aftertaste. Truth be told, I thought it tasted a lot more like Coca-Cola than regular Pepsi does (which is a very good thing).

^ It's a good thing this is called "Pepsi Throwback," because I'll throw it back and get a Coke.

"We usually get the 'Jew Coke' when it's out and it's SO much better." (Sir Clinksalot)

Remember that you can get the same thing from the Latino grocery stores in our area all year.

Eric

Well I'm having the Mountain Dew Throwback right now...

I seriously think its wayyyy better than the normal kind and I bet all of these other cane sugar special editions taste much better.

Why oh why cant all sodas use cane sugar!

I have yet to try it, I noticed it the other day at the store and almost bought it. I remember hearing back when they did the switch from using real cane sugar to high fructose corn syrup, both Pepsi and Coke claimed there were absolutely no differences. From what I have been hearing and reading on here, there is a very noticeable difference! But all they care about is $$$.

Am I the only one who sees "Pepsi Throwback" and reads it as "Pepsi Throwup?"

--Robb "The only good Pepsi is no Pepsi." Alvey

Actually my wife thought "Hmmmm throw back is that when you throw up in your mouth and or back into the drinking bottle?"

Over all I liked the mountain dew one, it doesn't give me a head ache.Dang youuuu asspeerrrttammmeee! lol.

To be honest also and to be unbias about coke and pepsi, I'll be the odd man out here give me Dr.pepper! or does anyone remember the following. Barqs RED CREAM soda , Sobe's Mr.Green?

Dude Sobe Mr.green was going for $150 on this site. http://www.sodafinder.com/ you can see alot of discontinued soda's on here , sugar free, diet, regular you name it.