TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to SFGADV this summer need a little advice

So I am FINALLY getting to go back east to only one park (planned so far). Anyways the day I will be going is either Mon June 8th or Tue Jun 9th. I will be getting their before the park opens, and staying till the very end but I was wondering what to expect.

In this time frame should I expect the park to be SUPER busy to where I need to just say heck with it and fork over the $120 for a 2 person Gold Q-Bot, or will the crowds possibly be minimal so I don't even have to worry about a Q-bot? Also What are the money seats on the on El Toro and Nitro, in case I can only get one ride (god forbid).

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there last July. I would imagine early June wouldn't be too crowded. Certainly not crowded enough for Flash Pass to be needed. I got really lucky and ended up getting every credit except the 2 kiddie coasters in 3 hours the first night and spent the following full day just re-riding the good coasters. As for Nitro and El Toro, IMO, back row for both.

Last year I went to GADV in mid June on a weekday and El Toro/Kingda Ka/TDK had 30-40 minute waits, everything else was between 5-10 minutes.

June isn't that crowded. most school kids are well...still in scholl lol.

Nitro is amazing and you will love it. Ride it in the back for the best airtime.

El Toro owns all and for crazy ejector airtime in the beginning of the ride go front. It doesn't have to be very front either as I know how that line can get. For "Dropping Airtime" go back and the twister finale is sure to impress.

I went in early June during the week 3 times last year. The park was not crowded at all. The longest wait I had was Superman at 15 - 20 minutes 2 of those 3 visits (the other trip it was a walk on).

Just as long as you go during the weekday, it will be fine. My brother literally made trips just for KK back and forth during the week. Most stuff is pretty much walk on, unless you have the school trips to contend with. That is the season. But most of the day should be fine.

GADV is my home park & I can say that you are picking a good time to visit. Unless you plan on riding El Toro all day than don't get a Flash Pass. If this is your first time at the park ride ET & KK first. Bizarro will probably have a long line since it is 'new' so ride that early as well. The rest of the day shouldn't be that bad. S:UF might have a long line around noon & the line moves slow so ride that early if you can. GASM isn't usually crowded. RMT is almost always a walk on. Nitro's line moves fast even with a long line. Skull Mountain is a lot of fun in the back seat. Batman: The Ride might have a line in mid afternoon. If you are a credit whore than the kiddies are always a walk on

The only bad thing is the 6PM closing on early and some mid June weekdays. It should still be enough time to get enough rides in but I saw people arriving at 2 thinking the park was open later and not happy.

The way I would go about the day is start off with El Toro right when the ropes drop. After Toro go over to Kingda Ka. You shouldn't wait more than 5-10 minutes at opening for both of these attractions. Then hit up GASM and Superman. Head over to TDK, Batman, and Nitro. None of these should be more than 30 minutes. Once you finish that go to Skull Mountain and take the skyride over to Bizzaro. You should have all of these in easily before dinner time. This leave you a few hours to hit up your favorite rides again.

As for best seats I love the back on Toro and Nitro. Front seats on Ka and Bizarro. Anything else you can pretty much pick but those are my favorites.

^Two hours at a nearly empty SFGAdv gets me 10 rides on El Toro and 6 on Nitro. Complainers should be shot on sight.

I agree, I just think a lot of people are expecting the park to be open later. Even with the 6PM closing, I still managed to get 20 - 25 rides in 4 hours on average during those weekdays in June last year.

• 2 weeks later...

June isn't a bad time to go. Especially if it's a weekday, most schools will be in session. El Toro definitely back row for most airtime! Nitro it depends where you want to sit. Back obviously for airtime, but the front you experience a breathtaking drop since there isn't really anything but you and the ground. It's up to you

If you're there before the park opens, go to the left of the fountain towards where El Toro is. When they drop the rope there, go straight, then bear right into the small arcade in a tent-looking thing. Go through the arcade, straight, then left. You'll probably be the first one on ET if you're fast.

I personally prefer the front on El Toro because the first three hills are IMO better there, but most people seem to like the back, and it's great too.

Those 2 days you mentioned are perfect days to go, I doubt there will be much of crowd unless there is a school trip but I think most trips are towards the end of the week so I think you should be fine there.

My favorite places to sit on El Toro are either the front or the back. My most amazing ride on El Toro was in the front so I tend to push that lately, it's a bit of an extra 15 minute wait if it's busy but it's worth it. Nitro always the back! I've ridden towards the front and it's only a so-so ride there the back is the only way to ride Nitro for me.

Don't forget to check out Skull Mountain which no ones seems to mention. It's a fun little indoor coaster and with alot of the down time in the early season I've grown to really love Skull Mountain it's worth atleast 3 rides and it hardly ever has a line.