TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Free KFC

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I'm getting bombarded with this everywhere I go!

(I got my four coupons btw... I'm getting ready to eat!)

My aunt tried to send pdf copies to all the family... I emailed her back:

"Auntie, read the coupon... you gotta let the program print a new one because of the coupon numbers that get scanned."

Terry

This is why I rarely ever go somewhere that has a free food promotion, a full day of frustration is not worth some chicken.

For those having problems, try IE. Firefox was giving me problems but worked perfect on IE.

I went around 8 and there was no one there. 5 minutes later came a rush. The chicken was blah but oh well. The staff was nice and did everything as fast as they could. We even got our pick of sides.

I just had some of that new grilled chicken today. It was good, but I prefer their fried chicken more though. The skin was a bit too greasy and didn't have much flavor and the drumstick didn't even have any skin whatsoever. It was just covered in seasoning.

The side were delicious, but the potato wedges were put in the bag the wrong way and fell out when I tried to pull them out.

The restaraunt was empty when I first came in, but after I ordered a meal, a huge crowd of people showed up carrying those coupons.

I know what it's like to have to deal with this type of a promotion at a KFC. I worked at the one by my house (which is understaffed. One cook, shift supervisor/manager, and another taking orders) and when they had the BOGO offer for the mashed potato bowls, we couldn't keep up with it. Someone literally had to devote their entire night from 4PM to 8PM making mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy for the bowls. And customers couldn't understand that. They'd see that there were only three people working and we were going as fast as we could to take and pack their orders, but we could only move so fast. We always got the most complaints during promotions like this. And after any of these promotions were done or the coupons were expired, people didn't ever understand why they couldn't get the same deal. For example we had a five dollar meal which came with a thigh and a leg, plus two individual sides, a biscuit, and a drink for about a month. And when it was done, we were flooded with complaints that people were being "overcharged." We were put on corporate watch because of this once without any explanation on our part as to why we were "overcharging" the customers. All that happened was that the meal that had been five dollars during the promotion went back up to being around seven dollars like it was before the sale. Things like these are never actually good for a fast food restaurant.

Hmmm....i must have been living under a rock because today is the first time i have heard about this promotion. One of my friends who lives in Texas was telling about it this evening, their local KFC in Amarillo it seems will only accept the coupons between 2 & 4 PM. Seems like way too much trouble for some chicken.

Aww man, we still have two coupons left over from yesterday and we were thinking about heading back down to KFC to get more grilled chickent.

Oh well, it didn't taste as good as the fried chicken anyway.

Wow they really screwed this one up. I'm sure not many people are going to want to take the time to fill out the form, which is probably their plan for not giving so many away. I think its bad business to offer something while not being prepared for the ramifications. Then to somewhat fix it they say they can't honor them anymore.

What I'm wonder is how a place like Denny's can give-a-way free grand slam breakfasts every year but KFC can't give away chicken? Poor planning?

However Denny's does not advertise it with Oprah to the best of my knowledge. What's funny is about a week or two ago they had a coupon in the paper for a free "piece" of grilled chicken. I wonder why you can get a free meal from Oprah and only a free piece from the paper. Is Oprah paying for part of this?