TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M Rattle?

rct3josh

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear god, Iron Wolf is the most rough B&M I've been on. That ride puts MANTIS to shame! I'd rather ride Mantis over Iron Wolf when given the choice!

Mantis= Iron Wolf=

Really, the difference is that noticeable!

Yeah I noticed that too. I sat in the back seat on Iron Wolf and I actually kind of like it. Makes Mantis seem a little boring.

Riddler's Revenge is starting to make my ears turn red. It's not that bad but it is going to age just like Mantis.

I haven't had much problems with rough B&Ms.

The smack on Raptor is disorienting.

Kumba and Alpengeist are the first rides that come to mind when I think of B&M rattle. Kumba had so much when I rode it, even leaning with the curves didn't save my head from the interlocking corkscrews of death. Alpengeist has it pretty bad in the cobra roll. Batman at SFOG has it pretty bad too and Goliath has it at the bottom of the first drop. Vortex here at Carowinds occasionally has it bad too, but for the most part it tends to stay smooth.

Though I haven't ridden it, I've heard that Iron Wolf at SFGAm is pretty rough.

Last time I rode Iron Wolf it cracked me in the temple before evening entering the first drop. I spent the rest of the ride pretty woozy.

Iron Wolf is actually my favorite ride at SFGAm.

I think it may have to do with my height though. I tend to have less headbanging that most people as I'm 6'2".

Superman at SFGAm also has some rattling at the bottom of the first drop, but it's not major and barely painful at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I feel that 3/4 of the SFMM B&Ms are pretty bad coasters in terms of smoothness. Batman, Scream, and Riddler are awesome in their own ways, and Batman has even earned a high spot in my favorites list, but I rode all of them over two days (at least once on each day) and they were all rough for B&Ms.

On Scream!, I really felt the vibrations in the bottom of the loop and during the Zero-G Roll. I got off the ride dizzy and appalled to some extent at the roughness of the ride. Batman was OK, I guess, basically all Zero-Gs I've been through are kinda rough, but the vibrations kinda hit during the wingovers. Riddler, oh god. I didn't even care to re-ride, I only rode it twice over the two days. Plus, it's the king of the puke aggravators at SFMM.

IMO the Batman at SFMM is really rough, the one at SFGAm (the first one) seems the smoothest to me, every once in a while it will have just a tiny bit of roughness, but when I rode Batman at SFMM I was thinking wow is this really the same ride?!

And yeah Scream isn't the smoothest B&M but its personally my favorite out of the ones i've been on.

I agree that Vortex at CGA is rough, but it didn't make me averse to rerides. My dad and I both thought it was rough, and we rode it 4 and 5 times, respectively, including twice in a row. We noticed that the roughness varied from ride to ride and were trying to decide whether it was based on our posture, our row, or our seats in the row (I'm not enough of an expert to know). It was also one of the 3 coasters at CGA that made me grey out, but that's because I didn't drink anywhere near enough water.

I've come to accept roughness as a possibility on any coaster, so so far it hasn't bothered me or taken me aback.

Patriot is probably the worst I've experienced yet of the "B&M rattle". And it's only in it's 4th year of operation, being the last B&M invert built in the US. It shakes through nearly the whole course, and yet it isn't rough at all like, say, Iron Wolf. There's definitely a big difference between a rough B&M and a B&M that simply rattles. Superman Krypton Coaster rattles pretty bad, too, but it's still a top 10 coaster for me. Despite the rattling there's no headbanging and it's not rough. I dunno, it's quite the conundrum.

^^Let's see..... Than if it's B&M "Rattle", I'd have to say Riddler's Revenge was bad, but Great White was pretty bad too. By what I can remember, RR was pretty smooth, but I felt a bit of a rattle through the whole course. Great White was also very smooth, but we were waiting in line due to rain, and we got on the second they said it was done raining. I felt a pretty bad rattle on it too, but Great White is still up there of the inverts I've been on.

Recently I took a trip to SFGAdv. I rode Nitro 4 times and at the bottom of almost all the drops before the Mid-Section Brake run it was pretty rough. In fact the helix was the smoothest part of the ride. I don't know if its always like that or if it was because it had been raining all day before I rode it.

It was fun nevertheless.