TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Planning for late June-early July

This summer I'll be looking for some unis that I want to apply for next year. But I still manage to get 2 free days to visit some amusement parks. Since the unis that I want to apply are located in Illinois and Indiana, I chose to go to Cedar Point in Ohio because... well, Ohio is located right between those 2 states.

So guys, from what I know, Cedar Point doesn't have that FastPass or any other kind of front-line-access. And I also know that in summer, the crowd in Cedar Point is an absolute nightmare for coaster fans like you and me. So please please please spend at least 2 minutes or so to answer these questions:

(1) What time should I be waiting in front of the entrance gate to avoid excess crowd early in the morning?

I hope that by waiting early in the morning I'll be able to ride the major coasters with a maximum waiting time of 60 minutes

(2) Does the park have any official hotels? Do they sell tickets in the hotels? Do they provide transportation from and to the hotels?

I want this trip to be as enjoyable as possible so I don't have to worry about transportation and stuff

(3) Which rides should I ride early and which should I save for later in the afternoon?

I want my day in Cedar Point to be as efficient as possible. Well everybody wants that of course.

(4) Does Cedar Point have any tickets that will allow us to save waiting time? (Like the one in Six Flags parks?)

Oh and last but not least... how far is Cedar Point from Kings Island?

Thank you so much for your help

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a ton of info on Cedar Point in the first 4 pages of this thread, right down the page from you. I'd start there, and post any other direct questions you need. Or just search for Cedar Point info, as there's tons of threads every year i've been here asking the same things...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50425

FYI, Summer is Summer for Cedar Point. The crowds in June, July, and August are usually comparable.

And Cedar Point is 3.5-4 hours away from us here at KI...

-James Dillaman

I've worked at the park for going on four years, so hopefully I can help. First off, as long as you go to the park any day but Saturday, you should be fine. Saturdays are really the only day of the week that is consistently packed. Any other day of the week can be hit or miss. I've seen a packed Monday one week and then the next week Monday is dead. A lot of it depends on the weather as well.

Crowds are large in the summer, yes, but the only rides that are going to have huge waits (except on the busiest days) are: Dragster, Millennium, Maverick, Raptor, and possibly Mantis. Everything else will typically have a wait anywhere from 15-30 minutes, tops.

Getting there any earlier than an hour before opening is basically a waste of time. People really don't start to show up till about 9:30.

Yes, there are official hotels and you can buy tickets at them. If you stay at one of the off-point hotels, they have transportation. Actually, pretty much every hotel in the area will have some sort of a shuttle service (for a price).

I'd recommend running to either Millennium or Dragster right at park opening. Maverick will most likely already have a full queue from the Joe Cool riders. Millennium's queue is typically 20-30 minutes long with Joe Coll before park opening, and Dragster opens with the park. Either this, or you can save one of these rides till right before park closing. As long as you're in line by close, no matter how long the line, you still get to ride.

No, CP does not have any sort of a Fastpass system (thank God), unless you want to drop $400 for a VIP Tour. But, like I said, there are really only four or five rides that are going to have a horrible wait. You're going to have plenty of time to hit every coaster at least once, with opportunity to re-ride a couple of your favorites, given you don't go on a Saturday. Hope this helps!

(2) Does the park have any official hotels? Do they sell tickets in the hotels? Do they provide transportation from and to the hotels?

I want this trip to be as enjoyable as possible so I don't have to worry about transportation and stuff

(3) Which rides should I ride early and which should I save for later in the afternoon?

I want my day in Cedar Point to be as efficient as possible. Well everybody wants that of course.

Cedar Point has a few official hotels. Staying at any Cedar Point resort will also get you into the park an hour before the general public.

Breakers Express is their cheapest hotel, but no shuttle to the park is provided. (you would have to take a taxi there and back if you have no car). There's also a couple hotels (Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites) which are right next to the park. So if you stay there you can walk to the park. Though those hotels will be very expensive in late June/July.

If you stay at one of those hotels the early entry will get you in to ride Maverick and Millenium Force before the crowds get in.