TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tell about the ride of your dreams NOW 8-)

THis idea is pretty impossible but as Robb said in the Expoland update ( I think it was Expoland) an Intamin 500ft., inverted stand up, shuttle, woodie.

I can´t believe Robb said that - he must be so jaded

But I would absolutely design such a thing just for him. Like a stand-up Deja Vu, but three times taller and all in wood, is that it? Is there that much wood on the planet?

Many people seem to like those all-in-one concepts, judging by what is being posted here. I´d go with an inverted woodie first (they should have done that at SFMM, then it would at least deserve the name of the Terminator!) and see how long it would last.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are sick - excellent!

I've always thought it would be cool to have an auto coaster - you drive your auto onto a coaster car platform, its strapped/chained down and you ride in your own vehicle. You can choose whether or not to use seatbelts. But you might want to secure other loose objects (sunglasses, CDs, beverages, kids). And if its raining, just turn on your windshield wipers!

Would love to see a 400-500 foot version of the Coney Island Wonder Wheel. I'd never get on it, but I'd love to see it.

The slingshot parachute ride - you are thrown 500 feet up. At the top, a parachute opens and you glide back to earth

And lastly, a luge coaster. You get strapped face down and fly down a trough 60mph with your face 3 inches from the floor.

Well, I drew the coaster design I had in my head on my works borrowed laptop........forgetting I had to take it back to work today, I then wiped the HDD and forgot to upload the image first.....so a few more days and I will give it another go!!!

You people are sick - excellent!

I've always thought it would be cool to have an auto coaster - you drive your auto onto a coaster car platform, its strapped/chained down and you ride in your own vehicle. You can choose whether or not to use seatbelts. But you might want to secure other loose objects (sunglasses, CDs, beverages, kids). And if its raining, just turn on your windshield wipers!

Would love to see a 400-500 foot version of the Coney Island Wonder Wheel. I'd never get on it, but I'd love to see it.

The slingshot parachute ride - you are thrown 500 feet up. At the top, a parachute opens and you glide back to earth

And lastly, a luge coaster. You get strapped face down and fly down a trough 60mph with your face 3 inches from the floor.

This thread keeps getting ever better. These rides would be perfect for a "Jackass" Theme park. The luge coaster however might have a chance in the US. That would be a ride I´d like to see, too. But even more I´d like to see people messing up their cars on that other thing. There should be a drive-in restaurant right before the first drop. The slingshot ride - probably only the Freak Brothers and Steve-O would ride such a thing, but I could imagine a few variations which are "safer"

I could've sworn I saw a video of something like this a few years ago. I remember reading about a number of American highways that had roller coaster-style tracks with airtime hills that you could drive your car on as a tourist trap-style attraction, but its been so long since I've seen it, I'm not sure if it's still online or not. If I manage to find it, I'll definately post it here.

EDIT:

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/40006.aspx

Here's a thread talking about the auto-coaster. Unfortunately, the link is so old, the links posted in the thread are all broken except the first one, which leads to an interesting site, but it hasn't been touched since 2007.

What about riding in a dog cage that's dangled from a flying coaster train? No restraints, it's kind of like survival of the fittest for coasters.

Maybe in the near future, when being sued for a million dollars won´t hurt anymore

What about a stand-up Enterprise, with cars that could spin horizontly, while they flip around in the normal Enterprise moton.

That would be cool. Not for those with weak knees, though. Again, I smell the dreaded crotch-support. But I´d give it a try !

What about riding in a dog cage that's dangled from a flying coaster train? No restraints, it's kind of like survival of the fittest for coasters.

ROFL - this is kinky on so many levels! No restraints - you're locked in a dog cage!

I could've sworn I saw a video of something like this a few years ago. I remember reading about a number of American highways that had roller coaster-style tracks with airtime hills that you could drive your car on as a tourist trap-style attraction, but its been so long since I've seen it, I'm not sure if it's still online or not. If I manage to find it, I'll definately post it here.

Actually, there are some really funs roads in Eastern Ohio and Western PA where you can get airtime in your car going over some hills at the right speed. There is a great one in Mill Creek Park in Youngstown Ohio. I used to have a car that had a front passenger seat that would fold back flat so you could lie down. I used to hit that hill and then the lever on the passenger seat so the passenger, after the airtime, would find them selves flat on their back. Of course several (dozen) of them wanted to kill me for it.

ROFL - this is kinky on so many levels! No restraints - you're locked in a dog cage!

PS_ This remind of a recent Tarantino movie....

How bout a real kinky park? Too bad TPR is supposed to be PG rated something (Except mastermind Robb A.)

So, to be frank, I´d dream of a large kinda hot dog shaped coaster which would be launched into a waterfall right beind a () shaped pink hairy rubber curtain or so.... just think innocent Jitz . the ride

• 1 month later...

This thread has been anabiotic for a month or so.

I reckon noone cares to put in anything on topic anymore. This includes me very much. So I decide to dedicate it to general philosophy. How about death? It is the best teacher you can find out there, because of teaching about the futility of talk and hollowness of words. But that´s just the least concept hence it can be rather easily understood once you care to think about it twice. Anyway, nothing beats first hand experience.

Then, how are chances to pack this experience into a ride - hey, that´s what we´re all about, right?

(I wouldn´t mind if someone threw this into the OT section, though....)

yours - kwa

• 1 month later...

I've always wanted to see B&M design a multi-dimensional coaster that, while going through a giant, backwards vertical loop, the trains flip you forward. So you're going forwards and backwards at the same time. I think it would be an awesome sensation. They could also do a vice-versa and flip you backwards while doing a pretzel loop or even a Norwegian...

• 4 months later...

I have an interesting idea. So many new rides include some kind of interaction with people on the ride, off, or both. My idea is to have a digital readout on teacup rides right in the middle of the handle that tells you how many spins you've done. There would also be a high-score board so you could see the most spins someone has done. Simple yet unique concept.

I think the future of coaster design might be heading in the direction of Winjas at Phantasialand. Where the "special elements" of a coaster can't be glimpsed until ridden.

On that note, has anyone suggested more coaster designs be made like Expedition Everest? Where the track changes over into reverse.

Why not add a bit more thrill to this switch over, perhaps incorporating something similar to Vekoma's often talked about tilt coaster. I don't mean that the track should tilt backwards 90 degrees and release the train, I'm thinking about stuff that could be done to make the track switch more dramatic. Like rotating the track 180 degrees so the train is upside down before being released in reverse into a half loop or half barrel roll.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this clearly enough, when I say turn the track 180 degrees I mean it should rotate on its spine while the train is stopped. An effect similar to a in line twist in feel to the riders.

I apologize if someone already suggested this, I read over the thread, but I'm sick and me reading comprehension skills are eluding me today.

I always wanted to see something like a floorless scrambler, except that then the cars would flip upside briefly (I could see the flipping lasting longer over in Europe as their flats are insane to begin with before adding the long ride cycles). Maybe even have jets of water in it as well.

I always wanted to see a PnP version of both Phantom's revenge and S:RoS with those long trains used on El Toro.