TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Influenza Epidemic, affects parks and fairs.

Its going to spread and many people will get it just like the flu every year, and at this point I am not letting it worry me even though there are two suspected "clusters" of flu like cases here in Santa Clarita that they are currently testing to confirm as swine flu. Until I have greater reason to be concerned I am still going on my weekly trip to SFMM on Thursday. If things get worse, I'll carry hand sanitizer!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't get swine flu from eating pork.

I hope you know that.

I do know that.

And taking the post from the "dumbest things said" thread over the the random section:

Horray for people eating pigs and abusing them!!!!!

Fail! Eating pork doesn't transmit swine flu. The news should've pounded that into your head by now.

No offense to Hercules, but it always bothers me when certain groups, no matter how well-intentioned, cite faulty or outright incorrect evidence to support their beliefs.

And my response to that:

^ Ah yes. I know that it doesn't (I actually learned it this morning on the radio as I don't watch the news on a regular basis and honestly haven't really been looking into it that much). However, the reason for that post was just saying that the pigs are getting your back for treating them like s@.

Fail revoked.

I honestly don't really care too much about tthis whole thing. I think the Earth could use a hit in human population.

Just think about it though. Would this "swine flu" have come to life if pigs weren't crammed onto trucks, transported miles and miles, then crammed into a slaughter house, their bodies completely fatigued and altered from their natural state just because the farmer wanted to get more money for a big porker of a pig?

Just think about it though. Would this "swine flu" have come to life if pigs weren't crammed onto trucks, transported miles and miles, then crammed into a slaughter house, their bodies completely fatigued and altered from their natural state just because the farmer wanted to get more money for a big porker of a pig?

1. You quoted the wrong section.

2. As long as humans interact with pigs, they'll eventually be exposed to pig-related diseases somehow. The same goes with other animals (birds, monkeys, etc...)

3. I like bacon

Outside Mexico, confirmed cases were reported for the first time as far away as New Zealand and Israel, joining the United States, Canada, Britain and Spain. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the U.S. has 66 confirmed cases in five states, with 45 in New York, one in Ohio, one in Indiana, two in Kansas, six in Texas and 13 in California.

Read Here!

^^^ I was thinking about posting both Pandemic 1 and 2 here, but decided not to. Looks like you beat me to it.

PS: Madagascar is almost impossible to infect in #2 while Europe is hard to infect in #1. Trying to infect those areas requires sheer luck.

^^^ I was thinking about posting both Pandemic 1 and 2 here, but decided not to. Looks like you beat me to it.

PS: Madagascar is almost impossible to infect in #2 while Europe is hard to infect in #1. Trying to infect those areas requires sheer luck.

IM MOVING TO MADAGASCAR EVERYONE!!!

I think that Salmonella-tainted peanut butter, Hepatitis-ladened onions, and E. coli-contaminated salads are all caused by plants getting their revenge on vegans and vegetarians.

Or just the work of incompetent people.

Both of you cut it out.

For everyone who wants to panic about this:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/only-7-swine-flu-deaths-not-152-says-who-20090429-aml1.html

A member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world.

Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease.

"Unfortunately that [150-plus deaths] is incorrect information and it does happen, but that's not information that's come from the World Health Organisation," Ms Allan told ABC Radio today.

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico."

Ms Allan said WHO had confirmed 40 cases of swine flu in the Americas, 26 in Mexico, six in Canada, two in Spain, two in Britain and three in New Zealand.

Ms Allan said it was difficult to measure how fast the virus was spreading.

She said a real concern would be if the flu virus manifested in a country where a person had had no contact with Mexico, and authorities were watching all countries for signs of that.

"There is no pattern that has emerged at this stage to be able to say that it is spreading in a particular way or it is spreading into a particular country ... the situation is continuing to evolve," she said.

She said the WHO was not recommending against overseas travel, but urged those who felt sick to stay home and others to ensure they kept their hands clean.

No decision had yet been made about vaccinations.

"This virus is not airborne, it's caused by droplets ... so it's not a time for worry. It's a time to be prepared," Ms Allan said.