TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planning a trip to Toronto

TheHulk

I'm taking a trip over to Toronto on May 2nd-4th, and I'd love to get to Canada's wonderland while I'm at it. They open on the 3rd, so I'd expect big crowds. Do any of you have tips as to what rides I should get to first and what times would be best? Behemoth is my main priority, followed by their other coasters, and the flat rides being my last. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your biggest concern will probably be the low capacity rides like Time Warp(volaire), Fly(mouse), and The Bat(boomerang). Even though Time Warp really sucks, if you want to ride it's best to hit it early. Sky Rider(togo standup) also has brutal capacity, it's about a 30 minute station wait.

Behemoth has pretty good capacity, so you can probably ride it whenever you see fit.

The rest of the rides will probably have average lines.

Be aware that Canada's Wonderland has a lot of coasters, but most of them suck. The good is that the Togo standup is awesome and Behemoth is really good. Then they have a few bad wooden coasters, a boomerang, an SLC, and the Zamperla flying coaster is absolutely brutal .

So my suggestion would be bring some advil.

• 1 month later...

If you want to ride coasters first. Then turn left once you've entered the park to the Grand Expo of 1890 and Action Zone. They have a lot of coasters as well as good flat rides there. Try go to Behemoth first since it's still its second season and lines will build up very soon.

Behemoth is totally worth it. When I rode it last year I had to wait 2 hours...

The ones with slow capacity are: The Bat, Time Warp, etc I think Vortex had some changes to the loading process which caused some delays... Still worth it, very fun suspended.

The flats I'd recommend if you have time are: Sledge Hammer(HUSS Giant Jump), Shockwave (Mondial Topscan), Psyclone (Mondial Revolution), Drop Tower (Intamin Tower), Jet Scream (Intamin starship).

Also if you happen to visit the Niagra area, might wanna get the credits at Marineland too.