TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Funcenter - Lisbon, Portugal

Today our port was Lisbon, Portugal. There is much to do and see in Portugal, but of course, we will choose the country's largest shopping mall. Why? There's a credit there of course!

On to some photos....

Here we are at the 'Colombo' shopping center. And no, not with Peter Falk...that would be 'Columbo'...this is totally different!

This place is seriously awesome.

Why is it that these European malls justseem to crap all over most of the US malls?

The Funcenter is where the coaster is, but it doesn't open until 11am so we'll go explore the mall for a bit.

The maze of escalators. Cool.

A giant ball with tortoise. Also cool.

The mall was really cool It was multi-level with giant stores like the Portugese Wal-Mart and a Toys R Us.

OMG...I forgot how much I love Europe!

Um, yeah, the bread and stuff is nice, but can we please go back to the sex now?

All the Imaginariums in the US are closed. (I went in through the little door!)

Disney Store had tons of plush that I haven't seen in the US for quite some time!

And I remember when the US Disney Store used to do cool collectibles like these.

Oooh! I spy something! (Do you see it?)

Yes! McDonalds!

They had this bizarre "Too Bacon" and "Too Cheese" burgers. I tried the "Too Bacon" one (of course!)

Um, it was very strange. It had bacon on it with bacon bits in the bun! Hopefully I will still be alive in 24 hours!

Yay! Funcenter is open!

Happiness is an operating roller coaster!

I 100% endorse the Coca-Cola theming the ride has!

"I have my fun card and I'm ready to ride the Coca Cola Coaster."

It totally IS the 'Coca-Cola Coaster!' Bryan and Adam would totally approve of this coaster!

KidTums is not tall enough to ride.

The Coca Cola coaster was very refreshing!

While it is custom made for this little park, it's pretty much your average Vekoma Roller Skater.

"McDonalds and the Coca-Cola Coaster credit...this has been a GOOD day!"

Yay! Coca-Cola Coaster!!!

More Coca-Cola Coaster POV!!!

I suddenly have the urge to drink a Coke.

Awww...sadness is when Coca-Cola Coaster comes to a VERY abrupt stop!

It was time to say goodbye to Lisbon and head back to the boat.

KidTums was very happy to see us! (we brought her presents!)

And then Jesus served us lunch! I mean, could we have had a better day? First we got McDonalds, then rode the Coca-Cola Coaster, then we saw Jesus!

Goodbye Lisbon!

Back and sea once again....

Thanks for reading!

--Robb

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool photos Robb! I visited the Funcenter back in 2006 and it pretty much looks exactly the same today (gotta love all that Coke theming!). I do seem to remember there being a swinging ship there back then though.

I'm sure I saw something about it being the largest mall in Europe at some point but personally didn't think it was that much bigger than some of the malls we have over here.

Still it's a cool place. More malls should have random credits in them!

It totally IS the 'Coca-Cola Coaster!' Bryan and Adam would totally approve of this coaster!

This update is wholly endorsed by the Bryan and Adam Show. I think this update even constitutes a box of goodies from Bryan (I'll get to work on that right away)!

Great report guys! Once again, you give us a great opportunity to see parks that we wouldn't normally get to see!

Mmmmmmmm cool refreshing Coke. You know, science has proven that sodas do not quench your thirst. But, the fizzy bubbles will power a lift hill.

Looks like you all are having an awesome time!

Jesus never served me lunch.

But he did mow my lawn every Wednesday back when I lived in LA.

But, I had to pay him $75 a month to do it.

I like to think he was taking that $75, multiplying it, and then feeding thousands of people with it.

Guy "It makes me feel better about myself knowing my $75 is feeding thousands." Koepp

Darn, there goes one credit that I have, but you didn't

Really though, Thanks for the update! Lisbon is great and it's cool that you could conveniently get one of Portugal's very few credits 'on' the cruise.

I thought 'Amoreiras' shopping center (also in Lisbon) is bigger, at least it has more stores, Colombo is much nicer though, and anything with a credit wins hands down.

You went to my hometown and didn't call me? I could be your guide for one day. Did you know that the "Coke" coaster it's the only coaster in Portugal?!?!? Since 2007 when they close Bracalandia a theme park in Braga. I have a lot's of pictures of that park before closing and hope to post them in few days.

Sorry my english

Hi guys!!

I live in Portugal , and i´m very pleased for your visiting my homeland.

We don´t have much rollercoasters here, yet .

The last time that i was in NY and L.A. i visited the Great Adventure n Magic Mountain. they are great parks, i hope very soon for a big Park in here too.

I make a petition on internet to build a big park in Portugal, if you wanna go there, and sign too, it´s very nice.

PS: sorry for the language in the petition it´s only in portuguese.

Thanks guys see ya

Sorry we missed you guys! If we had more time we would have love to meet up. Since Kristen didn't come with us to Colombo we didn't want to leave her with Elissa's parents for too long. We just went to the mall, did a lap, grabbed the credit and headed back to the port.

Next time...we'll meet up!

--Robb