TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Loro Parque, Tenerife, Spain

Wow, it snowed here the other day and your in spain on a cruise. I am jealous. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I'll have to follow your trip closely because were hoping to take a similar trip next year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Siam Park was a theme park, it'd pretty much be like...

-Batman Clone

-Sheikra Clone

-Premier Coaster Clone

-Intamin Stealth Clone

-Racer Clone

All with super theming. It's got great rides, but it's been done...only difference is the super theming.

And with a time restraint, water parks don't seem like it'd be the choice.

It was really credit > water park. Honestly, go look at the line up of slides at Siam Park. Other than the place *looks* great, they really don't have anything that special or unique that you can't find at other water parks.

We did look into both places, and Siam Park without a credit just wasn't a draw for us...at least not with the limited time we had. On another visit to Tenerife (which is very likely) we would skip Loro Parque and go to Siam, or had Loro not had the credit we would have gone to Siam.

We are not "Water Park Enthusiasts" as much as we are "Roller Coaster Enthusiasts" so therefore the coaster won out.

--Robb

Lol, but to be fair a Zeirer junior coaster "isn't that special or unique that you can't find at other parks"

Siam park is a place I have kept an eye on, granted a lot of the things are standard ProSlides, but there are some that have extra features that make them a bit better than the norm (Eg Tower of Power, Volcano, Mekong Rapids etc), plus its got the animals and the floating market.

In some ways it is a lot like the Disney water parks...largely off the shelf slides, but with a couple of extra unique things, and of course beautiful theming to tie it all together, which puts it a step above the rest.

^ Right. But I don't really care that much about water parks but I DO care about getting out-of-the-way coaster credits even if it's not very unique. And it's not like this will be the one and only time I'll be here. Next time I'll hit up the water park.

Like I said we researched both parks before going and we chose the one that suited OUR interests. If you like the water park, go to the water park and we look forward to reading your trip report. I don't think we can be faulted for choosing the thing more interesting to us!

Keep in mind we also had Kristen with us. She loved the animals, the shows, and could ride the coaster. There wasn't much for a two year old to do at Siam Park.

--Robb

^I understand mate, don't take it as me trying to tell you where to go.

I was just surprised at first, since you guys have said you like water parks more than the average enthusiast

We do. But if it comes between a missed credit or going to a waterpark the coaster will always win out.

Sorry if I got defensive but I was just responding to the tone of your posts.