TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFGAdv or Cedar Point

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably going to SFGAadv or CF next summer(2010) so although this is very early, I am wondering where I should go.

El Torro> Mean Streak

TTD?KK

Nitro? MF

Medusa(bizarro)>Mantis

Also, how far is Colombus from Sandusky, because I am debating whether I should go to KI in Ohio, or Morey's piers while I am in NJ, what should I do.

(Note: rides with question marks mean I don't know whats better)

Thanks guys!

You can't really compare Mantis with Bizzaro. One's a floorless and one's a stand up. Not really that comparable.

I am probably going to SFGAadv or CF next summer(2010) so although this is very early, I am wondering where I should go.

El Torro> Mean Streak

TTD?KK

Nitro? MF

Medusa(bizarro)>Mantis

Also, how far is Colombus from Sandusky, because I am debating whether I should go to KI in Ohio, or Morey's piers while I am in NJ, what should I do.

(Note: rides with question marks mean I don't know whats better)

Thanks guys!

El Toro has nothing to compare to at CP in my opinion. Mean Streak doesn't count as a roller coaster. Blue Streak is kinda fun, though!

I think Dragster is better than KK. Contrary to popular belief, KK actually gets pretty rough coming down the tower. Plus; lapbars.

MF is better than Nitro. Both coasters are wonderful for what they are supposed to do, but you can't beat a 310ft drop right next to lake Erie. If you want airtime, go with Nitro; but if you want an amazing thrill, go with MF.

Bizarro can't compare with Mantis, but I think Green Lantern will. Either way, Mantis just sucks.

Nobody has really mentioned Raptor! I'm surprised, because Raptor is probably one of my favorite rides at CP; and it is about 1,000,000 times better than Batman.

I also like how CP has all the classic Arrow coasters. They aren't smooth, but that really isn't the point behind them. They have a lot more elements in a shorter amount of time, and it's really fun! And a night ride on Magnum absolutely can't be beat! Come to think of it, nighttime in general is much more amazing at CP than GAdv. The Starlight experience really adds to that; not to mention Millie basically has no lights at all.

I also know (if you care about this stuff) that Cedar Point is a lot cleaner than Six Flags. Their system of cleanliness is much more organized and there are a lot more trash cans!

CP is my recommendation.

The descriptions of crowds at CP makes me really not that interested in it. Plus isn't going to be practical for me. I am considering SFGAdv this next year, but that was pretty crowded when I last went >10 years ago (probably not a good choice of day though). How crowded are they and what can I do about it?

I will say a word about Morey's ... I think seeing how the rides are packed in on those piers is an experience in itself. You can't compare the same rides eleswhere to how they are in that environment. Great Nor-easter is just an SLC but all 5 times you go upside down, you are facing over the ocean, and it's one of the fastest (yes, really) and best maintained ones anywhere. I do have mixed feelings about Great White, it feels much harder than a true woodie, due to its steel structure, still a good ride but if you're prone to believing that is the best coaster there, well that could be a problem. Also, it's all about the night, open 'til midnight, sometimes later. In my experience, NOT highly crowded either, except Wildwood itself, which is ridiculous.

Definitely Cedar Point.

Why?

I was amazed when I first visited the park last year. The staffs there were uh... so nice. And they're very VERY energetic too. You can feel their enthusiasm all around the park. Even on the roller coasters, you'll probably hear this all the time...

"Millennium Force!!! 300 feet up, 80-degree drop, 93 miles an hour, HERE WE GOOO!!!"

- or -

"Welcome back riders! How was your ride?!?!?!"

- or -

Anything else.

Cedar Point's roller coasters are also top-notch too, with the exception of Mean Streak of course... uh... that one is a pain. A real, massive pain. While I know recently the coasters have been passed by newer ones in terms of rank, doesn't mean that they're not as enjoyable. Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Magnum XL-200, and Gemini ended up being in my top 10 roller coasters (at least, so far).

Regarding flat rides, yep. They have lots of flat, traditional rides that Six Flags Great Adventure doesn't. MaxAir, for example, was amazing.