TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney rides at non-Disney parks? (what if)

What if Disney licensed some of its attractions to other, out-of-market parks? Or even sponsored one..?

Would a Disney ride be successful in another park? Which ones would do well?

We see Dumbo clones everywhere, but would it be any benefit to have the real thing, water fountains and all... "Disneyland's Dumbo the Elephant"? Would it be any benefit to Disney?

What if "Disneyland's It's a Small World" showed up at Cedar Point... or SFGAdv... is that just a ride that fits in its home, or could it be successful somewhere else?

hope this seems at least a little interesting... i haven't been able to sleep and its already 5AM here

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, trust me, I get that... I'm not quite interested in whether it will happen, but if you plopped It's a Small World down in some seasonal coaster park, does it still have the magic that it has in its Magic Kingdom environment? Would it do anything to benefit a park like that? Or are the guest demographics just too different.

So then why did you ask?

I figured using the actual Disney names would be better than asking "how would 'We Live in a World that is Not Big When You Think About It' do at a park?"

I was thinking about some of those Disney rides... the ones that aren't really movie or character licenses (at least they weren't at the time). That sort of experience is rarely or never quite duplicated in other parks.

Sure, $$$$ is probably a big reason...

The magic probably wouldn't be the same if other parks decided to build Disney rides without character/movie licensing.

Rides like BTMRR, EE, Raging Spirits, and Matterhorn would be very popular if they were built at other parks with the scale of the theming, but the magic probably wouldn't be there.