TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musical Instruments

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play or played? Ha-ha! Well, I used to play the Chello, Tenor Sax and Guitar. The guitar is currently collecting dust. Needs new strings and when I have the time I would like to re teach myself how to play. I played the sax on a daily basis 5th-7th grade. So, needless to say, it has been a while. A couple of years ago I had the itching to learn the sax again. So I went to the local music store and bought myself a nice new shiny one. I play it every now and then, but still re-learning. hopfully I will have the money to be avble to afford lessons. Eh, I also want to learn the piano. One thing at a time, right?

I guess I'll add to the thread that rose from the dead. I've been playing drums for about 20 years. I haven't played in the last year and a half since the guitar player in my band died. With a 9 month old son, there hasn't been a lot of extra time to play anyway. I really miss taking out my aggression on the skins though.

Sean

I play trumpet and the various variations on it (cornet, fluegelhorn...). I used to play in the Las Vegas Brass Band when I was in High School, which was rather cool since we made a CD my freshman year which is being sold in the UK, Japan and Australia I think. But since I'm in college now and my life is engineering, I don't play too often and when I do its usually playing ska stuff like Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, Suburban Legends, Mustard Plug and the like.

• 1 month later...

I use to play trumpet but now I play baritone. Band is not really that fun but it gets me to Disney World , Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point so who cares how boring it is I can deal with it for all of that.

I play:

Drum Kit (Really well)

Glokenspiel

Xylophone

Keybourd (Not the best)

and basicaly the purcussion area of instruments. I also play for my school band for various different instruments. You can call me musically tallented *cough cough*

• 5 months later...
Glokenspiel

What is that?

Anyhoo.. I play the flute (I taught myself by ear) , some piano (Messing around, by ear) I USED to play Guitar.. I really wish I had kept it up =( .. And I compose music, video game music, to be exact.. But I also like writing jazzy stuff.

Probably posted here but anyway I play....

Guitar - Grade 7/8. Played for about 5 years.

Bass - Grade 8. Played for about 3/4 years.

Drums - Not sure what grade but I would say i'm ok. Not my main priority but I would love to get better.

Would love to learn to play the Piano one day.

Oh yeah Lou, I started playing Bass because of Flea and I saw the Chili's in august! I was right in front of Flea!!!!!!! Best day of my life!

I play the piano. I've been playing for 10 years, and I've been a member of the American College of Student Musicians since I was 7. I've played at the national piano playing evaluations and earned 5 gold pins, 1 bronze pin, and 1 composer pin.

Though I would never spend my free time playing the piano, I don't think I have the time to play any other instrument.

----Antonio

I'm learning how to play the Electric Guitar. I'm trying to get a Ibanez GRX20Z. I play really basic songs like 'One Way or Another' by Blondie, 'Walkie Talkie Man' and 'Tsunami' by Steriogram, and the main riff to 'Smoke on the Water' by Deep Purple. Really basic.

I've been playing the Tuba for about four or five years now, and I'm actually one of the best in the county - I made first chair for All County last year, and the time I auditioned for All County (I think it was two years before that - I didn't do it in seventh grade because I didn't like the hours of the two rehearsals - 3 hours for one, and 6 for the other) On my NYSSMA solo last year (In New York State its where you get judged on a solo) I did a level 5 (out of 6) and I got a 95 out of 100. I was also to sight read (read a short piece of music I never saw before) and memorize over a dozen scales which the judge picked three at random. I'm now a rookie Sousaphone in the Baldwinsville Marching Band, and it's really fun, except our show isn't really good this year, and we haven't won a single first place trophy yet this year - and there's only one competition left for the season.

I've been playing the piano for as long as I can remember, and I'm pestering my mom to put me in bass guitar lessons. I'd already be taking them, but I need my own bass to take the lessons, and they're darn expensive.

In marching band (high school and college) I played tenor sax. In symphonic band, I either played Bb clarnet, Eb clarinet, bassoon, or flute. In jazz band I used to play the bari sax (and some flute in college jazz band)

All other instruments that I can play includes:

Piccolo, French Horn (with a French horn mouthpiece) some Oboe, and very little English Horn.

learning them helps when you arrange music for bands. (But yet I'm a programmer instead of a music instructor, go figure. )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I love band. I play a Alto Saxophone named Svetlana from the Real World Key West, and I can play the sleigh bells, and kinda the marimba and piano. I'm addicted to band, but I never ever practice. I look at this, Practice Makes Perfect. But, nobody's perfect, so why even try!