TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's Transatlantic Cruise!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys ride the seatless falling star & pirate ship?? They look...interesting?

The clowns hitting children is great...priceless really. I wish they would have something like that in the US.

The best is the bumper cars, if you don't get injured by a head on collision...you might bump up your chances of getting cancer from inhaling that much smoke.

^^ I wish I COULD ride it... It looks like a lot of fun, and safe.

It actually looks like an oversized Butterfly.

Dan - Unsafe coasters are always fun and dangerous looking, not just fun.

Did you watch the video? I pretty much say the same thing about 1/2 way through it.

--Robb

Those rides are insane! I wish we had fairs like that here.

My heart was racing watching your shuttle video Robb and honestly, if a Disc-o makes me queasy with the illusion that it might fly off the track, I can't even imagine the 'death shuttle' roll up that first track. Those pics really put it in perspective.

BTW, the fair being in Spain, and knowing how some if not all countries in Europe showcase their products, I could have sworn at first glance that the Falling Star was being used for a show and that the cages in your first pic were full of Go Go Dancers!

Did you watch the video? I pretty much say the same thing about 1/2 way through it.

The vid was pretty hilarious, but I got to the part where you said the ride was totally awesome and that you wanted one in your yard before my internet decided to freeze the video, causing me to miss out on the rest of it.

I think it's a lamp but I could be wrong

BTW, both the Stand Falling Star and the Stand up pirate ship have CCTV cameras to watch people's behaviour and to avoid dangerous situations.

And I don't that the so-called Death Shuttle Coaster is THAT deathly since both spikes are the same height. And, as most people know, a coaster with a 100 feet drop cannot go up at 100 feet again unless it has some boosters at the base of the drop. Trust me, these rides have been around Spain for years and nobody has been hurt.

If you thought April's Fair in Barcelona was crazy, you should have been to Sevilla's. That's the biggest fair in Spain with up to 5 coasters and tons of extreme flat rides. Maybe not as crazy as German fairs, but still really good!

No, it's just that people over here (Europe, not only Spain) tend to take life easier, let others leave in peace and just enjoy a night out at the fair without thinking that they are going to die any moment.

Overall, Europeans are not as sueing-happy and overprotective as in other parts of the world.

In some of the spanish fairs,you also can find a version of Tower of Terror

with 3d glasses(I don´t recomend it).

La Carcel(The Jail) now have 4 separate cages, when i was younger it was

a only big cage.

I´m sorry for my bad english.

From what I can tell in the pictures, I take it the fair is set up on the new park they built on top of the main sewage treatment plant for Barcelona. Can someone from Barcelona confirm or deny that? It looks like a pretty cool location to set up a fair.

^You got it right. This park was built in 2004 for the "Forum de les Cultures", a sort of multicultural exhibition that lasted for like 6 months or so. When the exhibition closed they had a HUGE amount of space to do concerts, fairs, etc and so they always do April's Fair and September's Fair in that spot.

Yeah the heart thing is creepy! Anyone know if all the Voyager class ships have it? (there are 5 of them). We did Explorer a couple of years ago and I don't remember it.

Is this what you mean? This is on Mariner Of The Seas:

mariner.jpg.df0b6f503441c082c81ac6a6d66217df.jpg

Heart?

• 1 month later...