TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sydney Royal Eastershow 2009

Hey everyone. Well as some people might now the Eastershow is a pretty big thing over here. Its expected they will make around $26 million on entry alone over the 2 weeks that its on. Thats not including rides, most $7 each, the majors $15 like our KMG Speed. Anyway, ive got to the show a few times and I thought id share some pictures and give a little info on the show seem it has alot of rides, i thought you's would be intrested. First of all I will give you guys a lineup of all the rides and coasters :

Spaceroller - Mondial Topscan

No Limit - Mondial 42m Capriolo

Speed - KMG Booster

Skywalker - KMG Tango

Crazy coaster - Spinning wild mouse

Taipan - Galaxy coaster

Zipper - Average zipper

Mega Drop - 45m freefall tower

Hard rock - Technical park Streetfigheter

Pirates revenge - Log Flume

Awesome starship 2000 - Rotor type ride

Cliffhanger - Zamperla fly away type thing

Ranger - Double looping pirate ship (kamikaze)

Hangover - Double floorless looping kamikaze

Powersurge - Zamperla powersurge..

Roller Ghoster - Ghost train

Buried Alive - Coffin simulator

Waveswinger - Chairswings

Slingshot - Reverse Bungee

Thunderbolt - Matterhorn type ride

Theres more ive probably left out.. But yeah. Pretty impressive lineup. If you make it out to Australia, around Easter time be sure to check it out. Here are some pictures, enjoy :

... And now for alot of Spaceroller pics, damn im obsessed with this ride.

Ha, that concludes the Spaceroller pics, now a few more various rides :]

And thats about all. Hope you guys got a bit of a taste of whats there! I also made a video. Link which is below. The song choice was kind of fail but it fits in with the rides.. A bit. Maybe not approiate for younger ones, apologies if it offends anyone. Feel free to request the link be taken of this page. Enjoy the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpn553TFbg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report, I went in 2007 but not since, I'm not that into flats, and after doing a lot of the US parks it just doesn't satisfy. I wonder if the bouncy bouncy was there this year.

That song on your video is outrageous, "eat ecstacy, eat ecstacy!" no wonder youth is going astray, it's ok I got it, powerful anti-drug statement.

^ Gah I know. Im against drugs but I thought the beat of the song kind of fit well with the rides. And I can understand why your not a fan after visiting all the themeparks. Ive been to some in the US, but flat rides are still great fun IMO :]

That song on your video is outrageous, "eat ecstacy, eat ecstacy!" no wonder youth is going astray, it's ok I got it, powerful anti-drug statement.

You never watched Summer Heights High? It's a song from there, and not supposed to be serious.

Mr. G! lol I love that song and it just says "E- E- E- Ecstasy" and like Gav said, it's more of a bad joke. It was the middle school's play musical number! lol Think of it more as Hamlet 2 more then a serious song.

Nice pics, I love Flat rides and these are definitely among the best in the buis. and I've heard about the Royal Easter Show before from my friend who lives over there and it always seemed like a good time, and the showbags seemed like a lot of fun.

Yeah, even my music teacher plays the song on the piano. Its not meant to be a serious thing. Haha, yeah its always great fun. The showbags are killers though. Most are around $15 unless you want something like a Cadbury bag. Im going again tomorrow for the last day of the show for another year :[ Its kids day so everything for under 16's is half price!

You never watched Summer Heights High? It's a song from there, and not supposed to be serious.

What a classic, I've never watched Summer Heights High so I thought that was fair dinkum song you'd be hearing at raves - I don't go to raves either.

Seeing that Top Scan (Space Roller) brings back bittersweet memories for me. It was my favorite ride at Adventureland, Long Island (yup, the park the movie is based on) from when it replaced the Huss Looping Star (Ranger) until it was sold to Germany after the horrible incident which sent a park guest soaring over the perimeter fence onto a parked car in the lot. I feel like that whole story never even got any closure...did Mondial ever say exactly what caused the problem, because I believe our local newspaper here on Long Island never mentioned if a concrete cause was ever found. (When the ride returned to the ground, the restraint was still closed despite the body being gone...)

It was an intense and unpredictable ride.

Seeing that Top Scan (Space Roller) brings back bittersweet memories for me. It was my favorite ride at Adventureland, Long Island (yup, the park the movie is based on) from when it replaced the Huss Looping Star (Ranger) until it was sold to Germany after the horrible incident which sent a park guest soaring over the perimeter fence onto a parked car in the lot. I feel like that whole story never even got any closure...did Mondial ever say exactly what caused the problem, because I believe our local newspaper here on Long Island never mentioned if a concrete cause was ever found. (When the ride returned to the ground, the restraint was still closed despite the body being gone...)

Probably the same thing tha happend to the kid who fell out ofthe Drop Tower at California' Great America?

You can't really have a carnival without a Chance Zipper, can ya. What was the double floorless Kamikaze like? Does the floorless part really make that much of a difference? (i've only been on an Intamin looping starship and Chance Inverter)

This topic is so Australian it hurts me.

Oh come on, I love going totally Australian on this forum, it confuses the Americans.

Eat ecstacy, eat ecstacy, eat ecstacy - I can't get it out of my head now.

Last day of the Easter show, nah I won't bother, the credits aren't on coaster counter so I can't count them.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't really have a carnival without a Chance Zipper, can ya. What was the double floorless Kamikaze like? Does the floorless part really make that much of a difference? (i've only been on an Intamin looping starship and Chance Inverter)

Haha. Very true. A carnival is not complete without at least one zipper. Some shows over here have 2 at the show. And about the double floorless Kamikaze.. I personally thinks it adds a fair bit to the experience. Ive been on a enclosed double Kamikaze and a Intamin starship aswell & the feeling on the floorless is quite different. Hang time is quite extreme on the ride as you have nothing to grip onto or no floor to push your feet down onto. Overall its pretty fun, but id prefer Intamin starship over the 3

Yeah I remember hearing about that accident a while ago. The person who fell out was mentally challenged Im fairly sure? She must have done something for the harness not to close properly.. Im not sure though. Now all (well to my knowledge) have seat belts connecting from the harness to underneath the seat like they have on B&M harnesses & many other coasters.

Haha. Very true. A carnival is not complete without at least one zipper. Some shows over here have 2 at the show. And about the double floorless Kamikaze.. I personally thinks it adds a fair bit to the experience. Ive been on a enclosed double Kamikaze and a Intamin starship aswell & the feeling on the floorless is quite different. Hang time is quite extreme on the ride as you have nothing to grip onto or no floor to push your feet down onto. Overall its pretty fun, but id prefer Intamin starship over the 3

Our local "carnie" group has removed the zipper from their ride stock because it was deemed unsafe or something awhile ago.

As for the floorless Kamikaze, I heard that you feel like you're going to slip off the seat when you get held upside down or somethng. I didn'tfeel that way in the Intamin Starship or Inverter as there's a floor below me

Well the woman that fell from the Top Scan, she was really overweight (which probably prevented it from closing properly) and she had slid under the harness. I mean look at the way the forces work on a Top Scan. It's almost like an Arrow 4D coaster in some ways. She probaby didn't even have to wiggle her way out as the forces could have easily thrown her out.